*** San Francisco III Fanviews 7/18 Here ***

Comments

• JorBullJorBull Posts: 5
    I knew we were all part of something really special Tuesday night, but.....WOW!!.......MAN!!......I downloaded the boot this morning, burned it to disc and......FUCK!!......I am one big goosebump right now as I listen to the playback for the first time!! Hearing the coda at the end of "Crazy Mary" again, with Boom and Mike going off, is simply transcendent!! If you weren't at the show and you're looking for that one special boot to burn - trust me - this is it!!!!!!
  • Zebra10Zebra10 Posts: 1
    I wasn't sure what to expect going into this show because after looking at the setlists from the previous two nights the band had played almost everything I had wanted to hear except Glorified G, Brain of J, and Deep. The show was much better than I expected after having compared it to their mediocre and lackluster performance at Shoreline in '03 when they last played the Bay Area. The sound at the Bill Graham Civic is a little funky though and General Admission eliminated seniority seating, the reason why I stay in the fan club and pay now $20 a year. Still an awesome show nonetheless, Sonic Youth was amazing too. Maybe next time PJ comes to the Bay Area they can play a seated or GA show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. That place has awesome sound and a much better suited environment for concerts than the Bill Graham Civic. There really isn't too much I should complain out though because PJ rocked my face off at the only show I can attend this tour due to time and money constraints.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Just left of the center security tongue, maybe 6 people back, I was the anchor of about four or five six-foot dudes and folks jammed their girls in behind us, poor lassies!

There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief!

Are goat horns really in the PJ vein? I've just naturally gravitated away from the goathorns to the good ol' Hang Loose!

Totally crackin up looking over the set list -- kinda remember singing most of 'em (ya i was that guy too -- totally shredded vocal chords two days later) but was having waaay too much fun to actually remember the songs. Can't wait for the download.

YA! The download is up! I think you're right in that top five (Release, Mosquito, Tower, Mary, Even Flow) -- I just have to give the Crazy Mary the nudge over Evenflow though. Drum solo verse that monster key/guitar jam! CM wins. BOOM!

Those are all fun rocking songs, people connect in different ways (Pearl Jam is Like WoW -- everyone plays for different reasons, finds their own fun, and makes friends) and that's why I love 'em so much -- here in the Bay you can hear PJ on 105.5, 104.7, 107.7 and I've even heard 'em on 103.7 -- full spectrum baby!

But yeah, there's something about the heart-string pullers -- Light Years, Man of the Hour. Yeah that was me sobbing like a baby. Man if they had played All or None, BLACK, Elderly Woman I woulda had to go sit down...You find these songs (or they find you) at points in your life, they resonate. They remind, they remember for you.... And now Parachute, neh?

That which you fear the most, will meet you halfway....

Each and every freakin album they've put out over the last 15 years has just found me at the right point, with the right sentiment, the right punch, the right pat on the shoulder. AVOCADO!

And as I learn more and more songs jamming with my friends, I still come back to my favs, Crazy Mary, Elderly -- which is also why I was so amazed they played Tower, you all are most welcome. THEY PLAYED THAT FOR ME!!!!! Zen, Karmic, Cosmic Alignment thang in extreme! Un-bee-leave-able!

I've been going to shows for 22 years now, seen hundreds of concerts -- all kinds. From James Taylor and Jackson Browne to King Diamond, Sabbath, Stones, Floyd. Seen some amazing Dead shows (Greek, Frost), Bridge shows, seen all the old metal acts in their heydey (And '85 Fastway/Saxon/Iron Maiden at Cow Palace is still one of the reverential ones) -- saw Pearl Jam at Sacto Cal Expo in '95 and that instantly launched up into my Top 5 Shows ever. My first KISS show was at the Civic Center, Motley Crue opened for 'em. Easter sunday I recall...

But Tuesday night, Civic Center, man. Man oh man.
    Better than the Dead on NEW YEARS EVE!

Yap, only one way to top that one -- PJ at the Greek, say Summer Solstice time! Can't get more mojo than that!

IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
    [sic] happens
  • kalikatkalikat Posts: 68
    acutejam wrote:

But Tuesday night, Civic Center, man. Man oh man.
    Better than the Dead on NEW YEARS EVE!

LOL!
    All they need is balloons tied to the ceiling!!
    Its funny, I didn't realize the fans were so connected. It is kind of similar to deadheads (except folks aren't tripping out on LSD all night long - at least none of the folks I saw). Are people doing drugs at these shows? I saw a little bit of green being smoked, but that was about it.

I agree - PJ at the Greek. Lets flood the fanclub with emails begging for it.

They played there once, I think in 95 - is that right? The pit was a mess that night, I couldn't get anywhere near the front. Got a picture, its up in living room, nowhere near the quality that these digital prints are now tho.

Thanks to everyone who is posting their pictures. It is so great to see them.
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    also awesome
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Anybody got a pic of Mike sans shirt? I want to check out his Tats and we couldn't see with clarity from the balcony.

Also, according to the sheer # of posts, it looks like Night 2 was the winner of the SF trilogy?

Agreed? I'm personally voting for Tuesday night...

I love the debate, but they were both outstanding : )
    I dunno, i dunno, now I was only there on Tues, but looking over the Sun set list is sick, lots of other songs I'd have liked to heard, some of my favs - Dissident, Animal, RVM, In My Tree, Blood, aw jeez Last Kiss right there...

And Driftin, just click that, FOUR times played...

But nope ... we got ya! TOWER WITH THREE!!!
    TUES FOR THE WIN!

C'mon -- Have you ever seen a cooler pic? THAT'S Tuesday!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3531429#post3531429
    [sic] happens
  • Sunday's show was heavy with the first three albums (only one song, "Indifference", from albums 5-7).

Tuesday's show had more from albums four through seven.

Great compliments to eachother if you ask me. I don't seperate the two shows. I put them together as one experience.

Download both shows and you'll be very happy.
    "What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing?"
  • kalikat wrote:
    LOL!
    Its funny, I didn't realize the fans were so connected. It is kind of similar to deadheads (except folks aren't tripping out on LSD all night long - at least none of the folks I saw). Are people doing drugs at these shows? I saw a little bit of green being smoked, but that was about it.

They played there once, I think in 95 - is that right? The pit was a mess that night, I couldn't get anywhere near the front. Got a picture, its up in living room, nowhere near the quality that these digital prints are now tho.

For any of you looking for ammo in your argument as to why Pearl Jam is the greatest rock in roll band of all time:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=207245

Inspired by SF 7/16/06 and SF 7/18/06.
  • JorBullJorBull Posts: 5
    Sunday's show was heavy with the first three albums (only one song, "Indifference", from albums 5-7).

Tuesday's show had more from albums four through seven.

Great compliments to eachother if you ask me. I don't seperate the two shows. I put them together as one experience.

Download both shows and you'll be very happy.

Indifference is from Vs.

Just thought you'd like to know.......
  • Thanks JorBul.
    Indifference (vs.) was not played on Sunday 7/16.
    Insignficance (Binural) WAS. And it was gooooooooood.

bad typo. I am ashamed :(
  • kalikat wrote:
    LOL!

I would like to formally sign the petition asking Pearl Jam to play the Greek on a nice Fall Evening. Asking for Fall for two reasons, in the summer, the hot days make the fog roll in fierce and cold at night. Saw Radiohead there a month ago. It was stoney when the fog rolled in but it did get chilly.

Plus, it was Halloween 1993, right after the Vs. album came out, that they played the Greek. And it was awesome!

I don't want to bash the Bill Graham though, I really love that venue and I think it's a perfect fit four our boys. Much, much, much more room on the floor. Maybe next time through a few shows at the Greek and a few shows at Bill Graham?

BUT NO MORE SHORELINE!!!!! Now that's the petition/thread we should start! who's on it???!
    ______________________________*
    Berkeley Halloween 93
    SF GG Park 95
    San Diego Sports Arena 95
    Oakland Coliseum 97
    LA Forum 98
    Bridge School 2001
    Shoreline 2003
    SF Bill Graham 2006 x2

"Corruption is why we win." Syriana
    "I'll make it." Hoosiers
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." Big Lebowski
    Why Pearl Jam is the greatest band ever: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=207245
  • bzborow1bzborow1 Posts: 8
    I've been to 2 shows, the Winnipeg '05 one and SF night 3. To be honest the Winnipeg show was way better than this one. It was an awesome show to be sure, but I was taking my GF who hadn't ever been to a show and hadn't heard PJ...I got her to WANT to hear Betterman, Jeremy, Black, Daughter, and Small Town. All songs they skipped over.

Great show. Winnipeg '05 was way better. Not overly impressed with the setlist.
  • bzborow1 wrote:
    I've been to 2 shows, the Winnipeg '05 one and SF night 3. To be honest the Winnipeg show was way better than this one. It was an awesome show to be sure, but I was taking my GF who hadn't ever been to a show and hadn't heard PJ...I got her to WANT to hear Betterman, Jeremy, Black, Daughter, and Small Town. All songs they skipped over.

Great show. Winnipeg '05 was way better. Not overly impressed with the setlist.

*GASP!*
    I refuse to let anyone direct ANY ill will towards these SF shows.
    Bro, I'm sorry if you travelled all the way from Winnipeg just to hear some songs you can hear on the radio...
    ...but all these shows were O F F T H E H O O K!

Three days after and I'm still high! Buy the bootleg, hopefully in time, it will make you happy!
    But you did make me curious, I'm gonna check out Winnipeg 05...
    Oakland Coliseum 97
    LA Forum 98
    Bridge School 2001
    Shoreline 2003
    SF Bill Graham 2006 x2

"Corruption is why we win." Syriana
    "I'll make it." Hoosiers
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." Big Lebowski
    Why Pearl Jam is the greatest band ever: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=207245
    Yeah -- not a big nod to the ladies on Tues SF, Light Years (edit: oh yeah, c'mon, Release right off the bat for all the lovelies)? And by ladies I mean those that came to see a James Taylor or Hootie show....

Just tell 'em Crazy Mary was for them :-D

HEY WAIT A FREAKIN MINUTE!!!
    THE BOOTS DON'T HAVE THE PRE-SET!?!?!?!
    oh, i'm bummed now... I am Mine was one of the Highlights, along with those 20 other some-odd songs
    [sic] happens
  • acutejam wrote:

HEY WAIT A FREAKIN MINUTE!!!
    THE BOOTS DON'T HAVE THE PRE-SET!?!?!?!
    oh, i'm bummed now... I am Mine was one of the Highlights, along with those 20 other some-odd songs

You're timing couldn't be better... look at the thread I started about the presets:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=207490
  • jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    ...thanks for the "refreshments", the good conversation, and the complete rock out. Hope to see you at another show sometime; sorry your wife missed this one, Adam. PM me if you remember.

Also...to the young kid who was air guitaring to alive in front of us....holy shit, dude! You put on a great show! I was applauding for YOU! Wish you could've seen the look on security's face. They were aghast.

We came from Maryland...across the country...to the greatest city...thanks to all of you for making these three shows some of the most kick ass I've ever experienced.

Seriously....the only bad time was that fucking beer line! Wish this tour could go on forever for us...:(

PS Watchtower! Red Mosquito! Driftin! Light Years! Bushleaguer! Greaaattt 3 shows!
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    When I was leaving the SF 3 show, I was handed to $10 gift cards to Wolfgang's Vault and there in a picture of a band playing to a large audience. It looks like Ed and Mike. Does anybody know if it is?
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
    While the 3 SF shows make a nice total package, looking through set lists to figure out which other boot would make a nice compliment to SF III.

http://www.pearljam.com/tour/setlist.php?date=200605272000 - Camden I
    (Now if you had taken the lil lady to THAT show....)

But then Parachutes. They've only played it six times. Might substitute Boston II for Camden I -- Marker, Army and Parachutes with Black, RVM, Insig (that looks like a sick show!)

http://www.pearljam.com/tour/setlist.php?date=200605252000 - Boston II

And of course I do like the looks of Santa Barbara.
    [sic] happens
  • Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 790
    doesnt take much to describe this show

seen the band 16 times

this is the best show ive seen..

the end
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Holy shit those 3 shows rocked!!! I've never felt compelled to post anything on here until now. Besides the fact that I had a great time spending 18 total hours waiting in line with all you wack-jobs, they tore the fucking roof off the place three nights in a row (well, you know what I mean). It's Saturday and my throat is still hoarse (thank you, Alive). The energy was amazing. I only got to go to these three shows this time around, but at least I got to go with 7000 of my closest friends.
    92xxx
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    And I thought I rocked hard during a show...
    Sayhellotokevin blazed the balcony with an intensity rivaling the band.

Dude, it was a pleasure to share the section with you.... here's to the next tour!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3543161#post3543161

[seven songs later...]

ed: cheers
    did we say hello yet?
    hello
    hello
    [sic] happens
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Front row, STone's side! The Ponies were at it again, and Stone had nowhere to hide! ....I'm in hiding....

Red Mosquito was awesome! that was a highlight song I had been waiting to see live. Light years!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! The tears just came..

I could hear Why Go at every show, and not get bored of it. This song just kicks ass live!

What a blessing for me to be here in San Fran, not only 1st row at this show, the balcony bounce the night before, but meeting Mike on the off day at a coffee shop on Haight St.! He took all the time in the world to talk, hug!!!! sign autographs, bullshit, whatever. He is the nicest, most human, down to earth rock god I have ever met.

Also, General Admission was no picnic, but it was more than worth the tennis ball size bruises on my arms and legs, sore, busted knees, and scratches for this show. Thanks for the stick, Matt!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    Pouring me a big ol' glass of vino and putting the boots on for a lil one week reunion tonight. You should too!

Is eddie doing a dylan impression in the first verse of Ledbetter? Like the 3-4th line?

BTW (did I say it already) I think Boston II or Camdem II makes a nice compliment to this SF III show if yer gonna buy just one or two other boots...

want san diego but too much repeat of this show,
    must not taint this show
    [sic] happens
  • trichamctrichamc Posts: 1
    I was totally there, saw the whole thang and it was something that cannot be explained. Everyone I know, knows I love PJ and when asked about the show I can't say much. They could never get what we were blessed to have witness. Well, here is my post.... nuff said

San Fran PJ Fan ~ Note to PJ

So I attended your awesome July 18th SF Show. It was the most killer rock show I have ever been to and it was performed by my ULTIMATE favorite band for the last 15 years and counting. All I have to say is that not very much things have made me this happy. The show was 2 days before my 27th birthday (H.B. Stone) and it was a present to myself, the best present ever. It has been a week and a half since the show, I can still hear Ed's voice, ripping guitars and drums batting my brains. THANK YOU. My bf who was PJ fan in the beginning and then faded like most other fans, I have battled with over being a continued PJ fan, could not say anything during the show. You will never know how many times I said "Drop the Leash, Get out of my F... Face!" to him, in his face. Little did he know that you guys would play that. Yes, in his face. Right on. THANK YOU!!!!

Keep producing your tunes & keep rock alive!

thankyou and goodnight to PJ, friends that I will never meet but will be rocking out in my heart forever. peaceout.

P.S. I thought there set list was killer and wouldn't have changed a thing. Its not like they can play all of their songs and they picked an awesome set of theirs and did amazing covers. Would have liked to hear Dock of the Bay being SF native and all but I knew that was a long shot. Just be happy for what you have and relish with the goodness people.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    "Let your brain be your heart's soldier." - Po Bronson
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    yeah they've only played Dock once, so that was a pretty long shot....

Still, they had only played Watchtower twice before. SHAZAM!
    "This just feels like a San Francisco song...."
    (And then yeah, yeah very next show .... but I'll take Renaldo's solos!)

I Am Mine acoustic opener, oh yeah! (But then all the acoustic eddie openers where pretty unique....)

UNTITLED -- Only played at SF III
    Light Years -- TWICE this tour, amen!
    MFC -- three times this tour
    In Hiding - six times this tour
    Down - six times this tour
    Release - seven times this tour

and then the songs that were played at least 1/3 of the tour or more...
    man o hour - 13 times, ok ok, still....
    and leash - 13 times this tour, but shit, they haven't played it since '94 so that was just sweet

Of all of it, I woulda traded Big Wave for Army, Marker, Parachute, Inside Job, oh well ... it made sense in the show.... I think they get a lot of uniqueness into each show, but they certianly karma'd my ass at SF III.

And I feel ok, cause NOBODY got Sonic Reducer....
    Nyah! Oh man they're gonna pull it over seas huh?
    [sic] happens
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Man. I've been in serious recovery mode the past few days from a week's worth of non-stop PJ lovin. This review is long over due and yes, it's way LONG but it needs to get out. Um yeah... I know I just got back from the haven also known as The GORGE but guess what I'm STILL stuck on?? The HOLY TRIO! :eek: No joke! These shows have left the biggest imprint of all. :o Of all the shows to be sooooooo, sooooo special too it was the backyard ones? Oh come on! What the? This year is far beyond blessed. There is no way in the highest fuckin heavens that these nights (especially this last one) really happened!! How is one expected to carry on with every day normal life after something like this?!?:eek: ALL 3 of these backyard shows have been the greatest, most amazing experiences. I honestly can't believe it. I don't think I've ever been this stuck from PJ shows. I just cannot even believe this. I know it makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense...but I'm stuck in SF! Someone please explain to me how all this happened! I need answers! I just can't wrap my head around it. All of it. All 3 nights merged into one enormous/euphoric PJ dream come true on infinite levels. So much love, so much life.....just, so damn much! I feel like my heart is going to explode from all this beauty and love. :o

The details :
    Same as Night 1, I was once again able to secure a spot on the rail directly in front of Stoney Goss. Are you kidding me?! :eek: :D The band is RIGHT THERE! This is still a lot to process. There were even some moments where I had to remind myself to open my eyes. haha. It was too overwhelming at times. WHat a blessing to be able to experience them like this!! MY GOD!! Don't ever wake me! I was just constantly in awe.......

I also felt incredibly blessed to be sharing the show with my best friend and with the 2 Canadians that we completely fell in love with. We shared Night 1 with them and it was the greatest experience. To have the group reunited again for the last night in SF felt complete and you could so feel the extra magic and love in the air. It was perfect. And nothing could have prepared any of us for just how PERFECT this night would be.

Basically it's like ~~~>LIGHT YEARS!!!! & IN HIDING!!???!! :eek:!!! Nooo! PJ you did not do this! On the same set? This was not real. I was so fuckin in the clouds this night....just gone. A few times I couldnt even rock out...I was just standing there with my jaw open literally floored by what I was witnessing, feeling, experiencing....taking in, letting out...all of it bouncing around the building coming back a million times more intense than before. The energy in that small room was larger than life. It just kept growing and growing with each passing night too. Ed even made a comment in SF 2, "you've really just overwhelmed us with your kindness, and presence and energy. You give yourselves a huge round of applause....it doesnt happen all the time." Awwww! :D *melts* Exactly! Having so many of us that are NEVER up close rockin that rail?! Seriously. You could just feel it all around, just pumping through your veins...drinking it up and then pouring it out. The full on freak out of so many faithfulls that have waited years to experience a PJ show up close and personal. I still can't believe I was one of them...and I still can't believe it was at a SF show. *slaps self* Ok, now I'm starting to tear up again. I'm not sure that I've had a PJ show hit me so personal as this one did. Personal with hardcore favs that I've been aching to hear like IN HIDING!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! How out of this universe amazing/perfect did this sound? This one just flipped a switch something fierce. What a dream! I was finally experiencing the masterpiece. OMG!!! ((:D)) I could not stop bouncing up and down and damn talk about a perma grin! Awww and Ed let us sing the chorus. We were insanely loud!!! I remember getting lightheaded just from the overwhelming beauty. All of my being was enlightened! That is for damn sure. IN HIDING!!!!!!??? :D! PJ therapy night right here. Also songs that have helped me cope with the biggest loss of my life. SF 3 was honestly like my Dad came down from above and helped Ed write the setlist. *tears* And how beautiful...all night something just wouldnt let me cry. I swear I just felt this force like holding it back. It was actually just the opposite, I couldn't stop SMILING. My face was sore as hell from this show. Smiling so much it felt like my face was just gonna snap! haha. I couldn't cry. My first listen to the boot it all came pouring out but this night...this night was all about love and happiness to the greatest extreme.

RELEASE, LIGHT YEARS, MAN OF THE HOUR!?

Unbelievable. He was everywhere. Release usually tears me up too but that night I really enjoyed it in such a different way. It was amazing. It's one of my fav songs but I can't listen to it most of the time because it hurts way too much. Well everything changed this night. It was the first time this song hit me in a healing way. The crowd!? I mean the life in that room was intoxicating and absolutely stunning! My best friend was by my side too ...holding my hand, staring at me the whole time, singing it to me, feeling every word more than ever. Awwwww! *tears* Beautiful! What a way to start the holy night! Then the boys just ROCKED US TO BITS!!! Woooooooo! Life Wasted...Go Stoney Go! That riff has his signature catchy stank all over it and the way the man rips that groove live is one of the greatest things on earth. Then ba bam......SEVERED HAND! I SAID YEEEEEEEEEAH! This song keeps kickin more and more ass each time I fuckin hear it!!!!! I LOVE IT!! Then to go right into another obsessed fav>>>HAIL HAIL????? AHHHHHH! YES! YAY! YAY! :D!!! This came outta nowhere and rocked my world to the extreme! Such 'lucky ones'. Then there's UNTITLED! *gasps* :o I remember just grabbing my heart and staring up in the balcony looking for my Meddledeal. Can you believe this girl? How amazing! It's just wild cuze I was talking about this song last month. I adore it and I truly felt that it was gonna make a comeback and that me and Meddle would be there together for it... http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=200602. *chills* Too fuckin beautiful! One thing that I especially adore about this song is how Ed always gets improvey with it. The improve this night was just as mesmerizing as ever....

"Dont wanna read the news, don't wanna have nothing to loose, don't
    wanna hear about no more war...theres always more war. I dont fight with
    you..... you dont fight with me, and that is all peace...lets get out
    please. I wanna go...but I don't wanna go....alone. With you I could never
    feel alone. I love you. Don't leave me alone.

The passion, sincerity and comfort in his heavenly voice there had everyone frozen in time. It was painfully beautiful!

Speaking of painful and beautiful.... right after Unempolyable a bunch of people behind us on the floor start pushing. Me and everyone on the rail got pinned up against that sucker so damn tight that it actually squeezed screams out of us. It never got unbearable on the rail but there were a few super squishy moments and this one was by far the squishiest. It was starting to hurt. Awwww and get this! Who sees this happening and decides to regulate? The Gossman Bossman! AWWW! (:D) I remember seeing him approach the mic and thinking "omg is he about to sing!?!" haha. But no, it was strickly business. Stoney to the rescue!:D The man regulated and protected the ponies. AWWW!!! How sweet is that?!! :o *heart caves in* God I love this band Once again pushing the love and respect to even greater levels.....

:cool: : "Hey can I just say something? This is all great and we're all having a
    great time. As far as people pushing and stuff from behind...it's really
    important that we just kinda, everyone just chill out. There's no need to
    push. It just doesnt make any sense. So just please, just try to be mellow
    enjoy yourself, have a good time, enjoy music."

AWWWW!!!!!!!!!! *so much love*

All of us started chanting THANK YOU! THANK YOU STONE! THANK YOU! He smiled back at us. SO fuckin amazing/beautiful. Eddie also gave props once again (he did night 1 too) for it being "50/50 men and women up front". Then he went onto say that "if you're not taking care of your fellow man just atleast make sure you're taking care of your fellow woman" AWWWWW!!! The Dream Team straight up lookin out for some people!?! It was SO beautiful. The unity, all around, was such a beautiful thing. AND after him and the Boss regulated the pushing stopped! :D Now it was back to the music! Ah SAD!! YES! This gem packs such a powerful punch. So much passion & overwhelming emotion..all of it pushed to unimaginable levels live! Gets me every damn time. "IF JUST ONE WISH COULD BRING HER BAAAAAACK" FUCK! That line and this breakdown are 2 of my fav things. But wait a minute...so SAD ends and then they guys don't even wait 10 seconds before going immediately into~~~~~~~~~> LIGHT YEARS?:eek::eek::eek: OMG! Whaaaaat???

LIGHT YEARS Once again...OMG! First of all I need to thank everyone that sent me random positive vibes for this song. THANK YOU SO MUCH! People coming from all directions this year telling me "your finally gonna hear Light Years this tour. You're gonna hear Light Years." They really, deeply felt it for me and seriously, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for putting that out there. I can't even express what this song means to me but I can safely say that no PJ song has helped me more. To finally hear this live, on this night, after all the positive vibes sent out into the universe............ just meant so much more than anything I could possibly express. It's beyond me. It's beyond everything. It was beyond everything...and in that moment yes, I was reflected from a far. I just closed my eyes and was totally taken away. The power, love and unity in that room? I feel it with me every day. I think I've actually added a years onto my life being a part of that. haha. It was THAT intense and THAT energizing. I did tear up a little bit during this one but it was tears of joy. This is the song that aLways makes me so grateful and always makes me see the 'light'. Awww I can't believe I finally heard it live!! :( :) Mikey felt what a I was feeling at the beginning and bounced it back to me x a million too! It was such a gorgeous moment. As soon as I heard that intro I assumed Not For You, which is what I usually do and everytime it's right...except for this HOLY night. The stars were aligned and spelling out my name or something! Unreal! *reminds self to breathe* It was time!! My friends around me started shaking me and freaking the fuck out for me.... my jaw just dropped and I'm sure my eyes looked like they were about to pop outta my head. In that moment Mikey reached out his arm and pointed at me, which felt like "you...this is for you". *chills*:o :eek: !!! To say that it was INTENSE is the biggest understatement ever. I can't believe I heard this song. *tears* THANK YOU PEARL JAM! THANK YOU! I would say that you have NO idea...but I actually know that you do. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Alright I really shouldnt get into every song cuze this novel is already gonna be an extra long one as is. I still have so much to tell too. haha. I'll just say that the 1st set alone was one of THE most amazing, maximum ass kickin sets EVER!! Red Mosquito!, Down, Present Tense were also huuuuuuge highlights. Even Flow was reborn yet again and Stoney was going absolutely apeshit during Mikey's solo!DTE with the Stoney Fan Club rockin the rail was the BEST! Just when I thought that song couldnt possibly kick anymore ass. He was lovin it up with the Fan Club night 3...unlike night 2 when he couldn't even LOOK at us. hehe. We were directly in front of him this time and there was no avoiding the love. ahaha. Same as everything this night though...he took in the love then turned around and gave it right back to us with even more heart. He was eating it up! He was so feelin it and using it to rock even harder! The man was ON IT ALL NIGHT! I don't think I've ever seen him smile so much too. The more he smiled the more we smiled and the stronger the love grew and the more ass he was kickin!! :D AHhh it was the greatest!! Towards the end of the show he actually started firing off picks to all of us. :D Just grinning from ear to ear firing off a round of like 30 picks!! I ended up getting my 3rd Stone pick that night. One from EACH SF show! :eek:! Completely and totally amazing!!!!!

The song choices were just perfect. Handpicked from heaven I swear. The ultimate collection of maximum life changing songs! Being able to shout out all of these lines at the SAME show...."won't let the light escape from me, won't let the darkness swallow me", "it's funny when things change so much it's all state of mind", "if I had known then, what I know now", "makes much more sense to live in the present tense", "no time to be void save up on life, you gotta spend it all"?!! :o The greatest healing session of my life. The setlist , the energy of the band and crowd alike...everything about this night = PERFECT!!

CraZy Mary was also super crazy. Wowza! MIkey and Boom had extra spice going on and Stoney G was groovin his heart out to the extreme!!!! Why Go & Comatose kicked even larger amounts of ass!!!!!! Then comes another one of my favs and on the last night too.... LAST EXIT! Woooooo!!! SOLAT! Um hell yes! Always a highlight and always shreds it up! Ahhh we were so loud at the end to! All night we all kept turning to each other just blown away. With each song came more and more fuel to the fire...band and crowd alike. We were just getting more and more juiced! Then coming to a close with "this just feels like a San Francisco song...."~~~>All Along The fuckin Watchtower??? :D!!!!! Which is still like WHAAAAAAT!??!!? :eek: OMG! Phe-nomenal. It took us all a little bit to pull it together enough to react ...and when we did? Daaaamn! We all just exploded! I'm surprised we didn't all resurrect Jimi with this energy. Wheeeew! Seriously though! Aw well, we kinda did actually cuze Mikey was tappin into that man's heart & soul something fierce. :o

After the show we are all just kinda standing there like wtf just happened? Where are we? What just happened? The floor was getting pretty empty but I was still glued to the rail in a total trance. I'm resting on the rail with my arms dangling over, with the BIGGEST fuckin grin glued to my face....when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see a guard speed walking towards me from Mikey's side of the security floor. I pay it no mind and get quickly sucked back into my trance. He flashed by me so quickly that I could have just as easily assumed I was halluncinating his entire presence. haha. Oooooh but no no no I wasnt! HE LEFT HIS FUCKIN MARK! The most orgasmic drive by of my life! As he sped by me he opened my hand and put something in it. What a saint! It took me a moment to realize that something was in my hand. I was spaced out beyond belief and it never occurred to me that it could be what it was. In my already insanely blissful state, I slowly opened my hand to find the FUCKIN SET LIST!!!!!!#@$#%!# :eek:!!!!!!!! I thought I was stuck before? HA! Now I really can't move. I can't even motion any of my friends or say/do anything. I'm just standing there paralyzed. I open it some more to find a FUCKIN EDDIE PICK TAPED TO IT!!!!!!!!!! That is literally when my knees finally gave out. HOOOOOOOLY SHIT!!!:eek::eek::eek: Are you kidding me!??! AND OF ALL THE SHOWS TOO IT'S THIS ONE?!?!?!?!! *shouts from the highest mountain top* THANK YOU PJ GODS !! Ok, I really...this still....it's not hitting me. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! This really happened??! What the?! Of all the shows. Of all the fuckin shows! My buddy Jarred that I met after night 1 and rocked the rail with night 3 got a shot of all of us in our state of shock and disbelief immediately after receiving our gold.....

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h221/iwastherepj/sanfranciscojuly2006190-1.jpg

ahahha! OMG that totally captures it! There's me and that painful smile that even forced some turkey neck action!!! LOL!#@#% I could not wipe that thing off my face prior to this happening...so you could imagine how much it was hurting after the PJ gods rained on me all like this! :eek: I still keep staring at the set. I still don't believe it. It looks like it's a final edited one too because another friend ended up getting one that night and Untitled wasn't on it. Untitled is squeezed onto mine. :D!!!! How perfect is that!? Eeeeee! Also, I have no idea what's up with the Ed pick that's specifically TAPED onto the set! What in the? My brain cannot process this and I will collapse into a coma if I think too deeply about how that got there and then got into my hand. WOW! I cannot fuckin believe it. Here comes the painful grin again. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, something really, really, extra special happened in SF...AND it happened not once, not twice, but THREE times!! I've never ever experienced anything like this and I mean that in many, many ways. It was obvious the band felt this too. I'm still stuck there a week later! haha. I've been to PJ shows since but these shows were special on untouchable levels. I can't praise them enough! It had been waaaaaaaay too many years since the boys 'rocked SF propa'. Well they rocked it propa in ways propa didn't even know existed. I am head over heels in love and obsessed with these 3 nights!! 3 of the greatest nights of my life!!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM for rockin my backyard and making soooooooooo many dreams come true!

THANK YOU for having the shows be GA and giving everyone a fair chance to experience you up close and personal! WHAT A BLESSING! I'm still pinching myself.

THANK YOU for all the magic, love, praise and out of this world energy! I've never felt it recycled like this before!! Just absolutely unworldly in whole new ways. :o

THANK YOU for these unbelievable jaw droppin sets and flat out perfect, HOLY FUCKIN SHIT performances.

>>THANK YOU for everything. There's so much I wanna say THANK YOU for but there aren't any words that can do it all. The deep love & appreciation that I feel is so fuckin huge it doesn't even have words large enough or worthy enough to carry/express it. These shows were life changing/inspiring. My heart is in SF and that's where it's staying!!!! Also THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE PEARL JAM FAN in attendance! THE HOLY TRIO was even more HOLIER than I imagined it being. I knew it was gonna go down in the books but daaaaamn. :eek:
    Not....of...this....earth....................

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••