Options

Paris Show 09/11/06 - A Question.

Custard PieCustard Pie Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello everyone.
My first post, I believe.

I'm from Israel, and I'm flying to Paris for my first (And hopefuly not my last!) Pearl Jam show.

I know I'm being a git for asking this, but I was wondering if some of you could help me with a dilema I have:
I want to order tickets through the internet, and I have 3 viewing options available for the show -
1. Standing (Which is the cheapst option for some reason).
2. Sitting on chairs, which are located faraway but will solve the viewing problem.
3. Sitting on chairs, far far faraway (Which I ain't gonna choose anyhow).

What should I choose?

Please keep in mind I'm dragging my girlfriend to watch the show (She doesn't really know PJ, I'm giving her a quick course in advance), and I don't really want her to be squashed.

If some of you choose to laugh at me - Go ahead! It's a stupid dilema...
But it's REALLY bothering me... And I want to enjoy the show the best I can.

Help help...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    ah ...you have to go for the standing unless you are super small...
    i thought floor tics were sold out though
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    Well, that's unfortunate...
    I hope I'll be able to see the show properly.
    Thanks anyhow.
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    Hello everyone.

I'm from Israel, and I'm flying to Paris for my first (And hopefuly not my last!) Pearl Jam show.

I know I'm being a git for asking this, but I was wondering if some of you could help me with a dilema I have:
    I want to order tickets through the internet, and I have 3 viewing options available for the show -
    2. Sitting on chairs, which are located faraway but will solve the viewing problem.

What should I choose?

Please keep in mind I'm dragging my girlfriend to watch the show (She doesn't really know PJ, I'm giving her a quick course in advance), and I don't really want her to be squashed.

Help help...

hey man,

well i thought that the area which are marked/coloured yellow
    on the french ticketmaster site were seated even though they are
    on the ground level.......as they are the ones i bought!!! and if im standing then wooohooooooo!!! also givin my missus a crash course on the might of PJ....!!! though i aint booked a place to stay yet?? anyone know of sumwhere?
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    http://www.hotel-claret.com/

this is where i am ...right next door to pop bercy.

also 3 mins from gare de lyon which will get you everywhere
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Standing can be disappointing for folks under 5'10" -- if they are floor "seats" in front of the stage, that's standing. Show starts, everyone is gonna stand and dance and jive and what not....

I'm 6' and love General Admisson, no prob. My wife is 5'4" and I pay through the nose now for the best seats I can get to shows -- she doesn't do General Admission.

Now I may get laughed at here, but this isn't KISS, it's not Pink Floyd even. Its not a big spectacular stage show, just six guys on stage rockin out. Sure it's interesting to watch the interplay between 'em all, but in my opinion, it's being there, dancing, cheering, and listening to them rock. I hardly looked at the stage during SF III. But I heard every freakin note.

You might have more fun yourself standing, but take care of your woman and you'll have a much better time overall. Make sure she's comfortable, she feels good, she has a good time and everything else will work out fine for you. Seats give you a bit of security zone around you, open up a few more avenues or sight lines to see the show. Having a nice view of the crowd's reaction can add to that....

One of my Top 10 concerts was Bush's first tour in the U.S. I was literally in the very last row of the Warfield Theatre, and I luved it! And yes, we stood the entire time....
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    Hello everyone.

What should I choose?

Help help...

Did you order your tickets yet?
    Maybe I can help you out, I send you a PM

Jojo
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    Now I may get laughed at here, but this isn't KISS, it's not Pink Floyd even. Its not a big spectacular stage show, just six guys on stage rockin out. Sure it's interesting to watch the interplay between 'em all, but in my opinion, it's being there, dancing, cheering, and listening to them rock.

exactly. thats a great point and one that is often overlooked.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    heallvenheallven Posts: 68
    I'm staying at the hotel claret too, that's a cosy place... I usually go there for every concert at the POPB...
    I've chosen the seating side view, standing on the pit is way too hard, I tried in 2000, couldn't stay enough time to see PJ... I was out after the opening act... I know that this year there will be two pits, the first one with 10C and the second one "the large one".... Unfortunately I won't be part of the firt, with the other member, due to my crappy job I couldn't log on in time last April 25th to get my tickets.... :-(
    by the way if anyone needs to get ride off a spare 10C ticket or even wants to transfert his both tickets, please pm :-)