Options

Pittsburgh = Awesome!!!

Redmosquito91Redmosquito91 Jackson, WY Posts: 48
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone else fuckin blow away by the Pittsburgh Show??? cuz i sure am!! it might be my second favorite show i've seen so far... if nto second than a close third! the energy was awesome, the setlist was awesome, the whole fucking night was just great! got me stoked for cincy!
Pittsburgh 4/26/03, State College 5/3/03, Reading 10/1/04, Toledo 10/2/04, Toronto 9/19/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Cincinnati 6/24/06, Washington D.C. 6/22/08, Cleveland 5/9/10, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Missoula 8/13/18, Denver 9/22/22, St. Paul 8/31/23, St. Paul 9/2/23
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I_AM_KIRKI_AM_KIRK Posts: 2
    My family attend show. My family recently move from Norway. This our first show. I find spectacle to be giant. Many nice sound. Matt lacked luster though. Son loved Solat tonight. His favourite play song. Me and wife like slower song like Small Town. Sorry for mush. Ah Ah Ah.
  • Options
    TheEvolutionTheEvolution Posts: 143
    Best show i've ever seen, everything was perfect. I mean Smile....come on now.
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • Options
    I_AM_KIRKI_AM_KIRK Posts: 2
    :D I do toothy smile. Sorry if that not please you.
  • Options
    rgmnchrrgmnchr Posts: 3
    Fuckin great! Seemed like Ed was extra talkative tonite. I was sittin 7th row side stage, closest I've been since the mosh pit days, so my view was new and exciting. Highlight for me was dissident, havent heard that one live in a while. Overall great show!
  • Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I am being honest. It wasn't my all time favorite show, but it was damn good. They were really in top form, but I like to see the albums balanced slightly better. I don't think of 'Binaural' or 'Riot Act' as the bastard children of the family, so I would have liked something in that regard. Other than that, brilliant!!

And I have to say something to all of you. The crowd tonight
    was off the F-in' chart!!! Of all the different shows of all the different bands I have seen, tonight's Mellon Arena crowd EASILY was the most enthusiastic I have ever witnessed. Good going all of you.

And good for Ed for throwing in a plug for my man Jason Bay. The Pirates may be the worst franchise in sports, but Bay is the man. Vote for Bay for the All Star Game
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    i was blown away from pittsburgh, mainly because i gave redmosquito91 a ride to the show
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • Options
    I Luv Mustard
    Pearl Jam Comes After Mustard!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    ilonaroseilonarose Posts: 39
    I am sitting here in our hotel on my laptop, husband fell asleep. I have to say, this was an incredible night, starting with the pre-show party and PJ just kicked ass. We were at the Cleveland show and the NJ 2, and I have to say, this was great. Thank you all, PJ and fellow fans for making it so great! I dont know how I am going to get any sleep tonight, I am just tingly all over...lol. Love & Peace, Rose
    Cleveland, 2000
    Las Vegas, Oct 2000
    Seattle, Groundwork Benefit, Oct. 2001
    Cleveland, Buffalo, Camden 2003
    Toledo, VFC, Oct 2004
    Pittsburgh, Open for Stones, Sept. 2005
    2006 - Cleve., NJ, Pitts.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
    None but ourselves can free our minds
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    I like to see the albums balanced slightly better. I don't think of 'Binaural' or 'Riot Act' as the bastard children of the family,

Get used to it, next tour the avacado will get little rotation.. and maybe yeild will come back in to fashion.
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    I don't travel to see PJ, but I try to see them every time they are in Pittsburgh, except last year which I had to miss. I must say that this show rivaled the 2000 show for me, and that was originally my favorite. 1998 was a close 2nd. I loved the beginning of Better Man when he let the crowd sing. That was great. I can't wait to get the bootleg to hear it. The crowd was definitely into it all night. I thought the set list made the show. I am an "old-time" PJ fan, and the more older stuff they play, the better the concert is to me. I heard almost everything I wanted to hear, except rearviewmirror, Given to Fly, and Baba O'Riley. Every time I see these guys in concert, it reminds me why they are my favorite band bar none.
    8/25/98 Pittsburgh
    9/5/00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh
    9/26/15 Global Citizen Festival - New York
    4/28/16 Philadelphia
    4/7/17 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    9/2/18 Boston 1
    9/5/18 Boston 2
    9/6/22 Hamilton
    9/8/22 Toronto
    9/11/22 New York
    9/5/23 Chicago
    9/7/23 Chicago
    9/18/23 Austin
    9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    rats619rats619 Posts: 72
    in hiding and smile make the show. but the rest of the set list = typical.

camden#2, and nj#2 set lists blow pitts away.
  • Options
    rats619 wrote:

yeah "waiting on a friend" is pretty typical PJ
    TORONTO 93, RANDALLS ISLAND 96, PITTSBURGH 98, PHOENIX 00, STATE COLLEGE 03, PITTSBURGH 03, PHILLY 03, HERSHEY 03, BOSTON 04, TOLEDO 04, TORONTO 05, PITTSBURGH 05, CLEVELAND 06, CAMDEN I 06, CAMDEN II 06, PITTSBURGH 06
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Dissident, I Got Id are not "typical" either.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    PS I have an extra poster from the show if anyone is looking for one. Trades only - hoping for Boston 1 06. PM me!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    Last nights show was indeed one of the best I've ever been to...........the only thing that could make it better would be if some kind soul could email a poor guy some pics from the show............I'd be forever in your debt.........lol PM me if you can email some pics to me.............thanks
    "Drumming is my madness" - Ringo Starr
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Go, Why Go, Comatose, Smile, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

yes yes yes!!! :D:D:D:D:D

PJ THATs WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!! O M F G! FUCKING ON FI-YAH! NO WARM UP NECESSARY!!! JUST ONE OF THOSE *claps hands* "IM READY, LETS DO THIS!!" YES!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh!!!
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    NicheNiche Posts: 16
    Kaddi you got it! For the band to put that string of songs together u mentioned turned out be be simply genius. The show blowed me away. The crowd was one of the best i saw noone sitting. The band seemed refreshed and ready. Cinci will have trouble beatin that one.
  • Options
    What an incredible show. This is why they are the best live band on the planet. what a great vibe, the crowd was insane!!
    It was so great to hear release. they also played a lot of ten songs. I was so happy to finally hear man of the hour live and state of love and trust was just electric. eddie was fierce as was the whole band. an awesome,awesome show.
    get that boot done now!!!
  • Options
    cooldaddycooldaddy Posts: 52
    rats619 wrote:

Smile = me smiling...BUT come on, forget the list, did you hear the way the songs sounded and how they we're jammed, and for god's sake, Garden...i still have chills...but i respect you're viewpoint...on paper, with some minor exceptions, it was typical...but WWS so late....excellent, excellent mix up to start off the new leg, not to mention DTE so early...almost pissed myself...haha...peace.
    Sidewalk, Cigarettes, and Scenes

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    rats619 wrote:

Put the pipe down bro.
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • Options
    show was awesome! crowd was awesome! i caught one of ed's picks! pearl jam is the best. easy. wish i could have brought everyone i know to this show... THANKS PJ!
    John C. Lyons, Filmmaker
    www.LyonsDenProductions.net

143XXX
    2006 Tour: 5/20/06 - Cleveland and 6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    i am not trying to be negative at ALL let me get that out of the way from the start b4 someone bites my head off... how many does people does mellon hold?? i was a bit surprised at how many emptly seats there were... i mean i know Wachovia holds more and it was packed to the rafters in october 05... and same with philly spectrum 03 (just to compare inside arenas) as far as the people that were there i couldn't have been in better company, truly a great atmosphere and a kick ass time!!!! oh well just something that struck me as odd when i gazed around b4 they turned the lights off...
  • Options
    stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    Wow I went to NJ 1 and 2 and Camden 1 and I might have traded all 3 for that setlist. My 5 g=favorite songs of PJ are Blck, State, I got Shit, Release, and Smile. All 5 were played!!!!!! plus Waiting on a friend, inside job, I mean this set is unreal. I wasn't there but I might have to buy this boot anyway.

I have never gotten smile or I Got Shit or release.

Fuck man. Why Pittsburgh?
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    stranger34 wrote:
    Wow I went to NJ 1 and 2 and Camden 1 and I might have traded all 3 for that setlist. My 5 g=favorite songs of PJ are Blck, State, I got Shit, Release, and Smile. All 5 were played!!!!!! plus Waiting on a friend, inside job, I mean this set is unreal. I wasn't there but I might have to buy this boot anyway.

I have never gotten smile or I Got Shit or release.

because we're the best!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    igotid_8 wrote:
    Dissident, I Got Id are not "typical" either.

Neither is Garden or Man of the Hour.

So we've decided that, aside from Dissident, I Got Shit, Garden, In Hiding, Smile, Man of the Hour, and Waiting on a Friend, PJ just played a bunch of songs they've played before.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    show was amazing!!!! defin in one of my top 5 shows... can you believe that i'm lucky enough to see this awesome band 13times and i start ranking shows, every show ROCKS!!!

One of the highlights for me was seeing Release as an opener, finally got it!
    Comatose rocked out as usual, the whole place was going nuts the whole time at least from my standpoint!

The bit with eddie talking about the joints and ppl throwing lighters, and someone insulting him with a marblro red was hilarious!

To sum it up... AWESOME AMAZING SHOW - PJ NEVER DISSAPPOINTS!!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    stranger34 wrote:
    Eddie said last night that Pittsburgh isn't one of their favorite places in the world, but I think he then said it's their 3rd favorite to play... It's cause of the crowd. Always friendly, very involved, and always really into it. Good times.
    John C. Lyons, Filmmaker
    www.LyonsDenProductions.net

143XXX
    2006 Tour: 5/20/06 - Cleveland and 6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    gmrjrgmrjr Posts: 5
    My wife and I like everyone else were completely BLOWN AWAY by the show. We have seen them 6 and 7 times respectively, and this one truly took the cake!! Not just the song choices....State, In Hiding, Release, yada yada yada......the list goes on, but the treat we recieved afterwards MADE OUR LIVES. As we left the show we thought "nothing can top that," then my wife had an idea that will forever be the best idea ever.... Let's see if we can see them.

Long story short...Thank you Eddie for not only stopping, but getting out of your van to shake hands with me and hug my wife!!!! There were about 6 others there who shared in this event....WOW F'N WOW.....We still can't believe it was real!!!

WE CAN DIE NOW!!!!!

Can't remember exact tour dates.....was having too much fun!!!
    Pittsburg 5 times
    Virginia Beach
    Merriweather Post Pavillion
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    AMAZING!!!

Just got home to Cleveland, we talked about the show almost the whole way home. This was my daughter's 7th show and my 18th, and we were both blown away. Thank you Pittsburgh for being one of the best crowds we've ever been a part of :D We were in the 2nd row and the band was all smiles all night, I don't think I've ever seen them look so happy ... the look on Ed's face during RITFW when they turned on the lights and every single person in the place was on their feet and clapping ... priceless!

That was it for me for this tour, and what a way to finish it off. I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned Porch yet .... that was the best Porch I've ever seen, the jam was incredible. Lots of funny moments ... people throwing the joints and lighters at Ed was good, also when Ed was running towards the back of the stage and tripped over Stone's guitar and unplugged it, heehee :D Throw Your Arms Around Me preset ... shit, there's so much I can't even remember.

Thanks Pittsburgh, and thank you Pearl Jam for a great night!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    cooldaddy wrote:
    Smile = me smiling...BUT come on, forget the list, did you hear the way the songs sounded and how they we're jammed, and for god's sake, Garden...i still have chills...but i respect you're viewpoint...on paper, with some minor exceptions, it was typical...but WWS so late....excellent, excellent mix up to start off the new leg, not to mention DTE so early...almost pissed myself...haha...peace.

That's what bug me... looking at the setlist doesn't do the show justice. EVERYTHING was played with emotion and the crowd was right there. I said in an earlier post that Black actually put a tear in my eye and it's not even in my top 20 PJ songs! It was anything but a typical. If your only complaint about the show is that they didn't play enough rarities then maybe you're going to shows for the wrong reasons...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...