Options

Pittsburgh 06 and 98

stillahivestillahive Posts: 14
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
it's very weird because these shows are kind of alike. [i wasnt at the 98 one :(] but when eddie came out at the beginning he did tyaam at both shows but in 98 instead of just saying "good evening" [like the 06 show], he said "good evening im iggy pop [lol, him being the opener and all]. when the whole band came on they started with release for BOTH SHOWS and ended the show with ritfw and ylb for BOTH SHOWS!! coincidence? :O
" 'No.....Way' my answer to that, 'No.....Way'"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cooldaddycooldaddy Posts: 52
    stillahive wrote:
    it's very weird because these shows are kind of alike. [i wasnt at the 98 one :(] but when eddie came out at the beginning he did tyaam at both shows but in 98 instead of just saying "good evening" [like the 06 show], he said "good evening im iggy pop [lol, him being the opener and all]. when the whole band came on they started with release for BOTH SHOWS and ended the show with ritfw and ylb for BOTH SHOWS!! coincidence? :O

just coincidence for the pre-set, opener, and closers...was at both...those shows were nothing alike...totally different sets and feeling...both fucking rocked intensly, that's for certain...
    Sidewalk, Cigarettes, and Scenes

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    cooldaddy wrote:
    just coincidence for the pre-set, opener, and closers...was at both...those shows were nothing alike...totally different sets and feeling...both fucking rocked intensly, that's for certain...

yes im sure. the 98 cd is actually one of my favorite boots.

one things for sure, 98 had the better opener. lol
  • Options
    stillahive wrote:
    yes im sure. the 98 cd is actually one of my favorite boots.

one things for sure, 98 had the better opener. lol

well...98 was Release into Brain of J into Last Exit...fucking amazing really

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    cooldaddy wrote:

i meant opening act. lol.
  • Options
    cooldaddy wrote:

you're a dipshit...the man meant Iggy better than Pollard....haha...right on...Iggy was AMAZING...nothing else to say about it

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    yea i didnt like rp at all, after his 1st or second song i left for the halls. but i kept checking back to see if eddie was going to do a song with him. :|
  • Options
    stillahive wrote:
    yea i didnt like rp at all, after his 1st or second song i left for the halls. but i kept checking back to see if eddie was going to do a song with him. :|

I smoked during his first songs. My wife and I caught his last three songs and were just pretty much happy to have beers and these cool cats from D.C. next to us...It was funny though, 98 that is, Pitt hadn't had PJ in a while and the pre-set was really an unkown thing, so when Eddie said that he was Iggy, most of the crowd believed it and my buddy and I went on an informing mission....i thought it was funny atleast...and welcomed the pre-set with open arms...missed it last night...goddamn friends and alcohol...

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    you want a coincidence??? corduroy has been the 4th song played at the last 4 shows they headlined in pittsburgh. hail hail would've been the 3rd in a row if played 2nd.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    inmyrvm wrote:
    you want a coincidence??? corduroy has been the 4th song played at the last 4 shows they headlined in pittsburgh. hail hail would've been the 3rd in a row if played 2nd.

damn...are you serious? i saw 98 and this year, but was living in charlottesville and then chicago between those two years, so i didn't catch the in between pitt shows....haha...that is some shit

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006