Milwaukee 2 Setlist

13»

Comments

• bigwalibigwali Posts: 3
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    I paid 50 bucks to see pearl jam at the Gorge in 2005, they played over 33 songs and an accoustic set. 100 bucks gets you 17 songs in Milwaukee and a set of Tom Petty, Im not saying two bands are not worth more money, but I would have paid 100 bucks to see PJ at the Gorge. But I would be pissed to pay 100 bucks for only 17 songs. But you have to get what you can. I think it is tough because we expect 30 songs and to get only half is tough to swallow

Remember it's the quality of the songs, not the quantity. They played 2.5 hours in Detroit and they were going thru the motions IMHO. Last night they were on fire and inspired and it showed. Awesome show last night from both bands.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    TheGossman wrote:
    holy cow, worst opener EVER!!! Save you makes up for it though!
    hey at least they got it out of the way quick. ;)
    around the bend? I told u matt, watch! The Gorge we're gonna get a Mansfield thing where they'll try and do the whole catalog in 2 nights ;) yes maybe even hitchiker is possible! :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    what a quirky little set. I like it though.

even the last kiss opener :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    I paid 50 bucks to see pearl jam at the Gorge in 2005, they played over 33 songs and an accoustic set. 100 bucks gets you 17 songs in Milwaukee and a set of Tom Petty, Im not saying two bands are not worth more money, but I would have paid 100 bucks to see PJ at the Gorge. But I would be pissed to pay 100 bucks for only 17 songs. But you have to get what you can. I think it is tough because we expect 30 songs and to get only half is tough to swallow

are we still griping about set length?

If you expected 30 songs at a co-headlining show ... that's your own fault. It goes against all reason and logic.

hell, I STILL haven't been to a 30-song PJ show. Those are more rare than folks on this board like to admit.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    best set so far opening for petty and the heartbreakers. Spin and Last kiss opening is good but strange.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • drollydrolly Posts: 41
    bmarsh10 wrote:

Good point. After reading that I realized after spending a shit ton of money on 4 PJ/Petty shows and the traveling expenses to go to St. Paul for 2 nights, I could've probably just bought Gorge tickets. When you factor in travel costs and ticket savings, I bet it would break even. I think the Gorge shows would blow all my PJ/Petty experiences COMBINED out of the water. But I've complained enough about all that I guess. Still has left a bad taste in my mouth, but live and learn I guess.
    I always finish what I sta
  • The show was excellent, bizarre setlist choices and all. So much more energy than last night and dead on all around (except when Ed forgot where he was in Elderly Woman, but, hey, what else is new?) Great stuff. GREAT stuff. See you in Vegas.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
    Last Kiss was for a girl I think named Sara that Eddie met in MKE. Not sure if that was posted or not.
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10
  • Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I should've gone tonight instead of last night. Ya think I'd learn from Chi 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, etc. 2nd night is always better!!!

Wow I went tonight and wish I had gone last night other than seeing Sad for the first time.
  • worldworld Posts: 266
    During RITFW, Mike fell into the crowd back first while playing the guitar the entire time.

He also fell over during one of his solos and continued to play while rolling around on the ground.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09