Options

Has PJ ever played in Nebraska?

BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I was just thinking the other day since I'm from Nebraska, and also because someone told me they saw Pearl Jam a long time ago in a small venue here in Lincoln, Nebraska. But has Pearl Jam ever played a show in Nebraska? From going through the tour dates that they have on their website it doesn't appear that they have. I was just curious because it would be awesome to see them play here in NE; most likely in Omaha since they have the bigger venue.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:

Don't tell me that '92 is the last time they played foot in Nebraska... they really need to come back if its been that long, plus it would make it that much more special if they played here again. Thanks for the post!
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    Don't tell me that '92 is the last time they played foot in Nebraska... they really need to come back if its been that long, plus it would make it that much more special if they played here again. Thanks for the post!

During Riot Act tou in 2003 they played like 5 minutes over the border in Iowa but it was technically an Omaha show. So that should count...
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    TelecasterTelecaster Posts: 24
    Yeah, Council Bluffs, IA on 6/13/03. Just over the bridge from Omaha.
  • Options
    fuck nebraska. seriously. yeah, i live here and was born here, and it sucks. i wouldn't play here either if i were them.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    fuck nebraska. seriously. yeah, i live here and was born here, and it sucks. i wouldn't play here either if i were them.
    Lol. If only the south had your attitude! Well i hope you at least were able to make a road trip or two to see PJ somewhere
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options

Its just nice being able to drive 40 minutes rather than 3 to 7 hours to see a decent concert. But hopefully my 23 year stay in Nebraska will end soon as when I graduate I plan to move somewhere with a bigger concert scene.
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    During Riot Act tou in 2003 they played like 5 minutes over the border in Iowa but it was technically an Omaha show. So that should count...

I knew about that one, but it is on the other side of the river/border. If that counted as a Nebraska show, why wouldn't one at the Qwest in Omaha count as an Iowa show...
  • Options
    I knew about that one, but it is on the other side of the river/border. If that counted as a Nebraska show, why wouldn't one at the Qwest in Omaha count as an Iowa show...
    I would say it counts as both... kill 2 birds with one stone
  • Options
    melflashmelflash Posts: 45
    I have been lurking here a while but I wanted to share that I was lucky enough to be at the '91 show when they opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Smashing Pumpkins at Peony Park Ballroom. I was there for the RHCP and didn't know who PJ was. I remember Ed telling the audience to back off the barrier in front of the stage because people were pushing forward and going nuts during their set. Ed also did some crowd surfing and was passed clear back to the light board (it was a small ballroom). That next week I went out and bought Ten.

I now live in Denver. Can't wait for next week's shows!
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...
  • Options
    melflash wrote:
    I have been lurking here a while but I wanted to share that I was lucky enough to be at the '91 show when they opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Smashing Pumpkins at Peony Park Ballroom. I was there for the RHCP and didn't know who PJ was. I remember Ed telling the audience to back off the barrier in front of the stage because people were pushing forward and going nuts during their set. Ed also did some crowd surfing and was passed clear back to the light board (it was a small ballroom). That next week I went out and bought Ten.

I now live in Denver. Can't wait for next week's shows!

Welcome to the postings! :) I've got alot of family in Nebraska (Scottsbluff) and none to speak highly of...lol. These two shows in Denver are gonna be great! I really didn't think they would play here after 03' with all the drama...and they probably wouldn't if it wasn't for TPATHB.

But if they played in Nebraska and not Colorado I'd definately make a road trip!
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves