Options

Open Letter to Ames Bros. - Please contribute

ktm1ktm1 Posts: 18
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
To: Ames@speakeasy.net
CC: All World Wide Pearl Jam Fans

Dear Sirs:

I am a huge fan of the work you have done for Pearl Jam. I have, when I have attended shows, purchased and tried to purchase your fantastic pieces of work. Surely you know what has happened as a result of the tremendous popularity of the prints. A secondary market has developed and it has allowed, what can only be called profiteers to flourish and take advantage at times of true fans of Pearl jam and Ames Bros.

Pearl Jam themselves recognized a similar problem with "bootleg" copies of the concerts and scalpers of tickets. To control this, they, in a real stroke of creative and business genius, and as a nod to true fans, took back control from profiteers; with both tickets and bootlegs, they took control of how they were sold. They allowed fan club members to get access to tickets. They began to release excellent copies of concert CDs. Overnight, the secondary market was killed. All to the benefit of Pearl Jam's bottom line too, as their boots have sold over a million copies!!!

I, and many other Pearl Jam fans respectfully ask Ames Bros to do the same. There are tens of thousands of people out there who would happily pony up the 25 or 30 dollars for many, many of these prints. Make them available and you will see sales results.

I appreciate the time and consideration you will give to my (our) request.

Please note that I have asked other Pearl Jam and Ames Bros fans to email you and ask the same. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Kevin T. Medina
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    veinvein Chicago Posts: 77
    Hope we get a response, I agree with you totally.
    Chicago 95, 98, Indy 03, Chicago 06, Chicago Vic 07
    EV Chicago 08, Chicago 09, Indy 10
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 18
    later,

ktm1
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Deserves a big ol' bump.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo