NJ #2 was the first time..

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I've seen the band open with the exact same 3 songs as the night before. Not complaining becasue it was still amazing and the severed hand versions were a little different but it was unusual. Especially when they play the same place 2 shows in a row.
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    night after night after night after night after night after night of the same songs has to be getting old...i understand your complaint
  • DEEP wrote:
    night after night after night after night after night after night of the same songs has to be getting old...i understand your complaint
    ????

Not really complaining would've been nice to seen a little bit of a different start however Severed Hand is a KILLER opener.
    Point is,..I've never seen the open with the same 3 songs 2 nights in a row in the same city at the same venue
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• I thought this was really strange too. I figured Severed Hand would be the last song they open with night 2. I can't remember them ever opening with the same song two nights in a row at the same venue.
    2008: 6/24, 6/25, 6/27
    2006: 5/14, 5/27, 5/31, 6/1
    2004: 10/1
    2003: 7/8, 7/9
    2000: 8/24, 9/2
    1998: 9/8, 9/11
    1996: 9/28, 9/29
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    me three...

i didnt go to ER1 so i figured something different for an opener at ER2.
  • ABetterManABetterMan Posts: 22
    I got Severed Hand as my opener in all 4 of the concerts I went to....was hoping for Release sooo bad.
    2006: May 13th and 25th, June 1st and 3rd
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    I've seen the band open with the exact same 3 songs as the night before. Not complaining becasue it was still amazing and the severed hand versions were a little different but it was unusual. Especially when they play the same place 2 shows in a row.

That is odd. maybe they thought they were in a different city a bunch of New Yorkers were pissed off they had to travel to :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    worse leg ending show of all time

pj has lost something,

look at pitt 2000 of state college 03 or even holmdel 03
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    ABetterMan wrote:
    I got Severed Hand as my opener in all 4 of the concerts I went to....was hoping for Release sooo bad.

i got severed hand at 3 out of 4. i hoping for something different. ahh well, its still good fun and severed hand is a killer opener.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

pj has lost something,

look at pitt 2000 of state college 03 or even holmdel 03

I completely agree. Maybe because I was jaded at that show. But the first set was amazing and I thought the show was going to a whole new place. Then came the encores. Army Reserve and HTI were great. Then I saw Ed skip a song to play Last Kiss. He fucking skipped a song to get to Last Kiss. In my eyes that is unforgiveable. I kept thinking of all of the songs that could have been played there. Then I predicted Black was next and there goes the show. Don't Gimme No Lip was cool, but it was definitely a tame last show of the tour. I guess I'm a PJ snob. I just think Crazy Mary and Black are a waste of 16 minutes. In that span you could get 4-5 really cool songs (i.e., Go, I Got Id, Brain of J, Faithfull). Maybe if the crowd wasn't so lame they wouldn't need to play the hits.
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i got severed hand at 3 out of 4. i hoping for something different. ahh well, its still good fun and severed hand is a killer opener.

yeah i kinda/sorta agree. there were some songs i just didnt need to hear again...namely Army Reserve and Last Exit. But you know, i thought Last Kiss was fantastic.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    long red wrote:
    yeah i kinda/sorta agree. there were some songs i just didnt need to hear again...namely Army Reserve and Last Exit. But you know, i thought Last Kiss was fantastic.

Haha, that's pretty funny.
  • I was super pissed when I heard those same 3 songs they played night 1. What the fuck?????? Then I thought, for anyone not in Ten Club and not on these boards, this has got to be fucking amazing...
    Hold on to the thread.....
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I honestly think there's a chance they may have mixed up the setlist and brought out Night 1 by mistake.

Very strange indeed to play the same 3 songs two nights in a row at the same venue.

No complaints though. Twas a great 2 shows and Severed Hand is definitely a kick ass opener!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Wow...ER II was my first PJ show ever so the setlist was absolutely perfect for me. I was rocking out all night and now I am hooked. I tried listening to studio albums but frankly it's rather boring than how they play live. My boot of the show is satisfying that need perfectly. It's hard to believe that this was a tame show. I'd hate to think that a show can possibly more exciting than that, for I really don't think I could handle that excitement. I am really depressed however that it might be over a year before I get to see the guys again.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I went to three consecutive shows (Camden I, II and DC) and got 3 different openers (Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted, Wash and Release). :D
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Also......
    No Binaural in NJ. Only 2 Riot Act Songs
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

I was very surprised too! But then they kicked into Hail Hail, and I knew all was well!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 588
    Yes...and yes.

I've been going to shows since 1995.
    I try...very hard...not to say anything unless I have something nice to say.

I had an amazing time at the Borgata last year and on October 3 in Philadelphia.

I love this new album.

The Camden 1 poster is my favorite of the leg.

Brad Klausen is an incredible artist.

I met some tremendous people on the first leg of this tour.

I love lamp.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • pghaspghas Posts: 128
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

That's because ER1 was the complete throwdown shit.
  • Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    I completely agree. Maybe because I was jaded at that show. But the first set was amazing and I thought the show was going to a whole new place. Then came the encores. Army Reserve and HTI were great. Then I saw Ed skip a song to play Last Kiss. He fucking skipped a song to get to Last Kiss. In my eyes that is unforgiveable. I kept thinking of all of the songs that could have been played there. Then I predicted Black was next and there goes the show. Don't Gimme No Lip was cool, but it was definitely a tame last show of the tour. I guess I'm a PJ snob. I just think Crazy Mary and Black are a waste of 16 minutes. In that span you could get 4-5 really cool songs (i.e., Go, I Got Id, Brain of J, Faithfull). Maybe if the crowd wasn't so lame they wouldn't need to play the hits.

How could you not like Black?
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2