Outside the Boston Garden after the shows

Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I was just reminded of this.................

Did anyone else stop and witness the amazing guy drumming on everything except drums outside after the shows?
He had pots, pans, cooking racks, plastic buckets.........and man, was he wailing on them! It sounded amazing and was a blast to watch..........and people were stopping and dancing as the crowd gathered 'round.

His buddy was hustling $10 CD's of it, too. I would have bought one I hadn't depleated my funds at the PJ merch. stand.

Just wondering if anyone else enjoyed them as much as me?
"This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    those guys are out there after every event at the Garden
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Oh.

I was just a pesky tourist from Maine, and I was impressed.
    And my first show at the Garden, which is a venue I really liked, btw.
    Better than Mansfield.
    Boston's a fun city in general.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    Born2Jam wrote:
    Oh.

Better than Mansfield.

oh hon you were far from pesky ;)

it was a couple of great shows
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    That guy is everywhere. He was playing outside Quincy Market this afternoon. When I saw him it felt strange not to be staggering outside the Garden...
    jojo wrote:
    oh hon you were far from pesky ;)

it was a couple of great shows

hehe
    What's up jojo?

I'm listening to the boot right now.
    Amazing night.
  • tombatomba Posts: 9
    i saw that guy! just before I was handed free pearl jam stickers, free deodorant, and free breath fresheners.. boston is so fun!
  • tombatomba Posts: 9
    and im a pesky tourist from maine, too
    That guy is everywhere. He was playing outside Quincy Market this afternoon. When I saw him it felt strange not to be staggering outside the Garden...

C'mon, confess............you were dancing in the street to the beat that night.

Pearl Jam should put him in a video.
    They're big on plucking good street entertainers from the streets and utilizing their talents to make cool videos, right?
    tomba wrote:
    i saw that guy! just before I was handed free pearl jam stickers, free deodorant, and free breath fresheners.. boston is so fun!

All we got was breath mints. No stickers, damn.
    I was already wearing deoderant, so that's cool.

My son raked in the breath mints, though. He had pockets full.
    Actually, we did get a free PJ sticker....one of the surfboard logo ones.
    Well, my son did.
    He found it in back of the Garden on the ground when we were being groupies and trying to see if we could catch the band leaving the building.
    The things I teach my kid, huh?

See? We really were pesky tourists.
  • I was rocking out to that guy before the show! He was awesome.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i thought it was really cool. gave the whole outside a nice atmosphere , felt like the party was still goin....love drums, i think all humans love drums..
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    Born2Jam wrote:
    Oh.

Better than Mansfield.

IMO, the only positive the TD Garden has over Mansfield is that it didn't take me as long to drive home.

I'd much prefer the shows in Mansfield. I enjoy the pre-show tailgating better then being in the bars, and thought the sound was better in Mansfield.

Don't get me wrong, I had a hell of a time in Boston a few weeks ago, and will continue to do so for as long as they tour.....just think Mansfield is a better "experience"