Options

I'mma cry. Seriously. Eff.

KilloranKilloran Posts: 27
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I've got tickets for both Boston shows, I live in MA, yet I've no way to effing get there.

Anyway! My ride? Turns out he's working. Eff. I was going to take a cab, but it's kind of.. far, and I'm poor. I was going to take a bus to Boston and hope I didn't get lost while looking for The Garden.. but I don't think the bus thing will work.. will it?
Far:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/leblog/maaaaap.jpg

I live in the middle of nowhere. Seriously. The nearest [Greyhound] bus station is 20 minutes away - I can't drive. I can but I can't.. I just never got around to getting my license for the past three or four years. If I could get there, I'd still have to sit and wait for a bus to Boston, and I've no idea how often they show up.

Am I completely stupid or what? I haven't slept for a couple days, and I'm REALLY having trouble sorting all this out on my own.

Ideas? Anything? Le sigh.. my head's going to explode.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    no commuter rail near you?
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I'd give u a ride but Los Angeles is kinda far.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Killoran wrote:
    Ideas? Anything?

Yeah. Stop saying "eff."
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah. Stop saying "eff."

Hah. It's become a habit.. I can't really swear while watching my niece, which I do about 12 hours a day. I started typing it too. Sorry and whatnot.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    do you have any friends? if you do, ask them to drive you to the greyhound station. take the bus to boston and walk to the venue. greyhounds arent too much money. i'd say you wont spend more than 35 bucks total if your friends not a jackass and doesn't ask you for gas money.
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    do you have any friends? if you do, ask them to drive you to the greyhound station. take the bus to boston and walk to the venue. greyhounds arent too much money. i'd say you wont spend more than 35 bucks total if your friends not a jackass and doesn't ask you for gas money.

Haha.. actually, no. I don't. Well I have one, the one who has to work. If I can't figure anything else out, I guess I'll have him take me to the bus station.
  • Options
    javacolleenjavacolleen Posts: 16
    How about a cab to the Greyhound station? I guess walking or thumbing your way is also a possibility (long, but may get you there in time). I'm not sure I have the area figured out, but the one Greyhound gave that looked near Westminster was Leominster, leaves at 7:35 am to Boston, gets there 10:10 am, and looks like it costs $33 (maybe check by calling or online).

Seriously, I'm someone who doesn't drive myself, but fortunately I live in Seattle with public transit. Actually the Gorge is a prob., and my one possilble ride to shaky to buy a ticket; but - if you can get a bus to Boston, public transit should be fine there.

I go to conferences for Amnesty to various cities twice a year (fortunately we have money locally for travel), and gen. use public transit when I can once I get there, with the internet it's pretty easy to figure out (and I'll see what I come up with on that and let you know, hopefully we'll get an AI conf. there some day!).

Good luck,

Java Colleen

Java
  • Options
    Oh man! Thank you! I'll walk to Leominster if I can't get a ride, or afford a cab.

It wouldn't give me the times or anything when I did it, but I'm pretty out of it.

Thank you veryveryveryvery much!
  • Options
    My bet is it's a short walk, it's a 5 minute commute by subway using the bus station and TD Banknorth Garden as landmarks on their scheduler:

http://www.mbta.com/

Take the Chinatown station for the Orange line northbound near the bus station , get off at the North Station near the arena.

For a cheap place to stay, check out one of the Hosteling Internationals in Boston (looks like they have two).

http://www.hiayh.org/usa-hostels/ma/boston.shtml

Good luck, and hope you make it for both shows!

Colleen
  • Options
    Killoran wrote:
    Oh man! Thank you! I'll walk to Leominster if I can't get a ride, or afford a cab.

It wouldn't give me the times or anything when I did it, but I'm pretty out of it.

Thank you veryveryveryvery much!

Cool! Good luck!!!

Colleen
  • Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    Forget Greyhound and changing to the subway in Boston. I used to live in Sterling. There are commuter rail stations in Fitchburg and North Leominster, both of which are like 10 minutes from you. You can take the train, and the last stop on the train is North Station, which is about 100 feet from the Garden. The trip takes maybe an hour and a half and costs like $6 each way. The last train back leaves at like 12:10, so you need to make sure you get out of the Garden in a hurry, but it should be fine.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,836
    Im takin the T in out of Acton, which takes you directly to the Garden (north station). I think a cheaper way would be to have someone drive you to the train station and take the T to the concert, especially since its cheap and is a direct stop at the place.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,836
    shawnb199 wrote:
    Forget Greyhound and changing to the subway in Boston. I used to live in Sterling. There are commuter rail stations in Fitchburg and North Leominster, both of which are like 10 minutes from you. You can take the train, and the last stop on the train is North Station, which is about 100 feet from the Garden. The trip takes maybe an hour and a half and costs like $6 each way. The last train back leaves at like 12:10, so you need to make sure you get out of the Garden in a hurry, but it should be fine.

so yeah, basically what he said.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    shawnb199 wrote:

Wow!

Sorry for the wrong turn, Killoran; I had no idea you guys had that great of public transportation out there (nothing like that out in Seattle, not even in Portland, OR where I used to live).

Hope you got this in time, and in any case, are rockin' out at the show now!

Colleen
  • Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    No worries, she got it in time. I emailed her through the board and got a response back that she was gonna take the train in. Boston and its surrounding area have the best public transit in the country outside of maybe DC.