*** Official Chicago 2 Setlist Thread ***

Comments

• Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    LEDBETTER!!! Can't get enough of that song!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    Wow, what a setlist! If get at least Crown of Thorns and Footsteps at Praga/ Berlin I'll be the happiest girl ever...

Thanks to you all for the great job

Good luck and good night... I'll resume my infinitely amusing work
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    CaterinaA wrote:
    Wow, what a setlist! If get at least Crown of Thorns and Footsteps at Praga/ Berlin I'll be the happiest girl ever...

Thanks to you all for the great job

Good luck and good night... I'll resume my infinitely amusing work

Buenas Noches en Buenos Aires
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    Thanks again. G'night.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    thanks for those who were posting the setlist
    good night
    :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    I can't fuckin wait for the GORGE weekend.

GORGE is going to be ridiculous...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    Buenas Noches en Buenos Aires

Thanks a lot!
    In LA there's like 5 hours earlier than here. That would be awesome for me, more time to finish my paper...
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    That's a crazy little setlist there. Heavy on the Ten and Vs., for sure. Still wish they'd give No Code and Yield and night to shine, but who could complain about the show that Chicago just experienced?

Hail, hail the lucky ones in attendance tonight.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • HoPHoP Posts: 33
    Thanks and good morning from europe. Awesome setlist.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    GORGE is going to be ridiculous...

I concur.. if this is the chicago set imagine the gorge set... crazy stuff.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    great setlist...cant wait for a week and 2 days to come!
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    I just got back from the show and wanted to be part of this thread. I will give a review tommorrow but right now im still on cloud 9. 2 nights in a row of this plus cincy and philly 1 & 2 to come. it doesnt get much better then this. what a show. what a band. what aa night.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Just got home from the show and I want everyone to know.. it was a good one. :D

no wait..

It fucking rocked!!!!!!

:D
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Wow...that setlist looks fuckin' awesome.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    ive got one thing to say and im going to say it:

HOW CAN THEY KEEP THIS UP FOR THE ENTIRE TOUR???? we are 5 or 6 fucking shows in....i mean cmon....this is insane!!!

i cant wait for my 5.....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    The highlights for me where Garden, Inside Job, Crown of Thorns and Footsteps! The show was brilliant! The band was crazy! Much better than last night. Way better than 2003.. Even better than Alpine '03. I can't wait for the boot now! :D
  • yeah SOMETIMES, ..heres some trivia....has sometimes ever been played not as the opener...(i dont know either)

they sound checked crown of thorns, hold on to your hats folk, keep hands inside the cart until the ride comes to a complete stop.

yeah i saw them open with sometimes at alpine valley in '03.
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~
  • I loved being right by Ed during Last Kiss! There were some microphone troubles but gave me all the reason more to sing louder!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    These guys just keep trucking along with these brilliant sets ... I am happier than a pig in shit right now.
  • holy shit balls i can't wait... 9more days for my 1st of 4 shows...
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    looks like the best set next to albany, great show night 2 chicago
  • clk019clk019 Posts: 84
    Do I dare say that PJ should DVD this show???? Hopefully they're filming.

Tonight's show was the thing DVDs are made off. Mike's even flow solo - nonsense. No one should pull that much out of a guitar. five, 10 minutes I don't know.

They hit the gas with Severed hand and didn't let up....I'm happy to have been there.

I, I never wanted
    To write these words down for you
    With the pages of phrases
    Of things we'll never do

7/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/9/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06 – (WOW), 5/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 5/20/06, 8/5/07, 6/17/08, 5/7/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER).

• what an amazing show, eddie told this little story about crown of thorns, and how its such a special song to the band, and that they never played it in chicago before, but that this was their way of showing their appriciation. just an amazing show tonight. footsteps sounded incredible too harmonica and all.
  • farfromglorifiedfarfromglorified Posts: 5,696
    Two wonderful nights in Chicago....tonight was something special. Great show, great crowd. Now on to GR....
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    The crowd was as amazing as the band! Unbelievable night!
  • CocacolakidCocacolakid Posts: 14
    Save it For Later was not a tag tonight, it was played separatly from Betterman. I can't recall exactly what songs it was before or after, maybe exactly where you have it listed in the first post, but it was on it's own.
    One man, with a dream at leisure
    Can go out to conquer a crown,
    But three, with a new song's measure
    Can crumble an Empire down.

From "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaunessy (d. 1889)
  • FoGFoG Posts: 34
    We're just upset at the lack of rarities this time around as compared to last tour.
    The album has disappointed many, and has sold horribly. Ticket sales are at an all time low. This is why we are getting standard stale sets for the most part. The band plays as fast as they can, and then runs offstage.

sweet mother of god...what a moronic statement...

thank god i went to tonights show and can say that with complete conviction.

highlights for me: Animal, Footsteps, World Wide Suicide, Crown of Thorns, Garden, Do The Evo, Last Kiss (remarkably enough)

this was my first show ever, and I'm stoked i went. big thanks to SOLAT319!
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    Save it For Later was not a tag tonight, it was played separatly from Betterman. I can't recall exactly what songs it was before or after, maybe exactly where you have it listed in the first post, but it was on it's own.

it was played right after betterman ... separate song
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Yeah, I've always wanted to do an official thread, so I figured, why not?

BIG THANKS goes out to Xboxjunkie and SENROCK for relaying the setlist to us here!

Main Set: Severed Hand, WWS, Life Wasted, Animal, Marker in the Sand, DTE, Whipping (report that the WHIPPING solo was replaced by a drum solo), Ed speech: Last night was OK but this is the night, 1/2 Full, I am Mine, EVENFLOW, Gone, Insignifigance, Betterman/(Save it for Later), Down, Garden, Inside Job, Lukin/Why Go

Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man of the Hour, Footsteps, Once, Alive (Backwards Mamasan Trilogy)

Encore 2: Last Kiss (With Eddie in the Crowd), Last Exit, Glorified G

Encore 3: Small Town, Crown of Thorns, Rocking in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
    cant touch albany, man sorry chicago
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    So have any of you guys got any photo's of the Chicago 2 show?

And those who went to 1 & 2...which was better?