Options

Getting pumped for Albany!

given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
hooootie hoooo! on the countdown! Albany here we come! Anyone staying at the Hampton Inn?

I'm actually leaving a HUGE corporate meeting in Philly early to go, got the notice of the meeting on Thursday. Put my foot down and told the big bosses I had to leave, no ifs ands or buts! LOL! They asked me what was up, and I told them I had a Pearl Jam show to go to! They laughed, appreciated my honesty and told me to have a rockin time!

Can't wait, am so pumped up. My best bud and his wife are bringing my hubby from Syracuse and we're meeting my sister and her friend from Newport RI. I'm driving straight from Philly after a whole week in a Corporate meeting so I'll be ready for some Hard Rockin' music and a great time!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oh, it's home for me.
    can't wait.
    I need my next fix.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    staying at the colonial inn. Getting extra pumped up because i am flying out from the uk.
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • Options
    I cant friggin wait !! with my best Ric Flair voice, whooooooooooooooooo!!!!
    Where is everyone hanging out??
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'm going to the Albany show with my girlfriend--we're both huge fans. But, we just moved up here not too long ago and don't really have anyone to meet up with or anything. If there's going to be a big meet-up, we'd like to meet some fellow PJ fans if you're up for it. We have tickets to East Rutherford, too.
    "They would have you kill all the world's children to save theirs."- Maura Kincaid
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    hey, I'm from the Albany area. I'm going with my girlfriend and my buddy. We're hanging out at Broadway Joe's. Its a bar attached to the arena. Everybody will be there. Since the arena is in the middle of the city there aren't very good places to tailgate. We'll be there no later than 5.
  • Options
    Looks like rain on the local news...
    We'll see...
    I'll be around wearing my Pilate shirt...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    mandylizmandyliz Posts: 2
    My brother and I are staying at the Hampton Inn as well!
    We are so psyched for a road trip!!!!
    Looking forward to meeting some fun PJ fans!
    We are going to the Hartford show as well!
  • Options
    BigCBigC Posts: 55
    I park in the Pepsi Arena parking garage for work. Im packing up my trunk with a cooler full of beer and some PJ rockin out of my car speakers. So feel free to stop by the top level and tailgate. Look for the Silver Impala. My name is Matt come by and say hi.
    Make visible what, without you, might never have been seen.
    -Paul Rudnick
  • Options
    SammySammy Posts: 7
    Hey everyone...I will be in Albany around 2:00pm on Friday in a 30' RV. I'm hoping there is parking near the arena for large vehicles, I wasn't sure b/c it's in the middle of a city. Stop by if you get the chance.
    "Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i'd love to go to albany for a show. got family that stays in guilderland not too far away

only been to albany once, loved the fact that i got served booze when i was 19, all because i had the full scottish kilt outfit on, and everyone fookin loved it, even the doormen! :)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Guys, don't forget the Albany CCFA pre-party and fundraiser at Jillians!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3184264#post3184264
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    I can't concentrate, finals week been trying to write a paper since 8 last night and all i got is my cover page lol ahhh i'm so excited!!!!
    <3 dee
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    jjmofojjmofo Posts: 47
    Jillian's or Broadway Joe's.... hmmm. Might have to hit them both up.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I can't wait.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I'll probably check out Broadway Joe's and Jillian's. My name's Victor, my girlfriend's Marcy. See you there.
    "They would have you kill all the world's children to save theirs."- Maura Kincaid
  • Options
    Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    [size=+2]ALBANY CCFA LOCATION CHANGE!!![/size]

I apologize for the late change, but Broadway Joes, actually connected to the venue, has proven to be more accomodating and we are going to be part of a live remote by 103.1. Refer to the Albany CCFA thread for all other details.
    Thank You!

Broadway Joes
    51 South Pearl Street
    Albany, NY 12207
    Phone: (518) 432-5637
  • Options
    given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    3 more days!!! I'm so excited! And I'm in love with the Avacado Album, I feel so lucky to see some live tunes!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    jjmofojjmofo Posts: 47
    I'll be at Broadway Joe's... Any other spots to visit for a good time?
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,317
    So does anyone know about the tailgating situation there?

I've heard the Pepsi Center garage/deck is good; would I be able to park in one of the covered levels, to stay out of the rain, and set up chairs to have a few beers?

Anyone know?

Thanks
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    MarkAssMarkAss Posts: 6
    Seriously psyched to see Pearl Jam. Just thought I'd pass along a few pieces of info for those out-of-towners......Yeah, unfortunately, it looks like non stop rain for Friday, Friday night, and all day Saturday. We'll just have to make the best of it. The good news is that there are a dozen (at least) bars within walking distance to the Pepsi Arena. The Bayou Cafe is real close and has an incredible amount of beers to choose from. There's also a bar in the arena, one directly across from the arena, and Jillian's.....a sports bar/arcade/pool hall/dance club which holds about 2,000 people a few blocks down ,across State Street. The Skyline, Victory Cafe, Blue 82, Mad River Bar, McGeary's Irish Bar, the Albany Pump Station (brewery), just to name a few- are all right there too.

Lark Street, which is several blocks west of the arena (cab ride) has some very cool places like Bombers Burrito Bar, a sushi place, a wine bar, coffee bars, el Loco Mexican restaurant (around the corner on Madison) and art galleries & a liquor store, etc. The Tulip festival is also this weekend which usually rocks (and rains) and is in Washington Park. There's tons of food and vendors, crafts, and bands (They Might be Giants is scheduled).

The three of us also got a room at the brand new Hampton Inn, which is right there like a block off of Pearl Street. I'm shocked they had a room. I don't think the Albany police will hastle you too much if you tailgate in one of the many parking garages next to the arena, if you're not into the bar thing. The Grateful Dead used to love playing the Pepsi Arena (put out a double-live album recorded here) and always gave praise to the Albany police dept. for letting fans have fun, but you never know.

I've been waiting over 10 years to finally see PJ (we are all pushing 40 years old!). You think we'll stand out too much at the show? Should we blow off the opening band (I heard they suck)? PJ will probably hit the stage around 8:30 I would guess... I hope they don't concentrate too much on their new CD, although I realize that's why they're touring. Having never seen them, I just would be bummed if they didn't play Jeremy, Even Flow, Once, Breath, Dissident, Daughter, Black, and Alive.
    "Chesty. Our last word to you tonight." Eddie -Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY May '06
  • Options
    BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    If anyone attending this show has some extra reefer they can sell a friendly canadian, please send me a PM.

Can't wait for the show.
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    MarkAss wrote:
    Seriously psyched to see Pearl Jam. Just thought I'd pass along a few pieces of info for those out-of-towners......Yeah, unfortunately, it looks like non stop rain for Friday, Friday night, and all day Saturday. We'll just have to make the best of it. The good news is that there are a dozen (at least) bars within walking distance to the Pepsi Arena. The Bayou Cafe is real close and has an incredible amount of beers to choose from. There's also a bar in the arena, one directly across from the arena, and Jillian's.....a sports bar/arcade/pool hall/dance club which holds about 2,000 people a few blocks down ,across State Street. The Skyline, Victory Cafe, Blue 82, Mad River Bar, McGeary's Irish Bar, the Albany Pump Station (brewery), just to name a few- are all right there too.

Lark Street, which is several blocks west of the arena (cab ride) has some very cool places like Bombers Burrito Bar, a sushi place, a wine bar, coffee bars, el Loco Mexican restaurant (around the corner on Madison) and art galleries & a liquor store, etc. The Tulip festival is also this weekend which usually rocks (and rains) and is in Washington Park. There's tons of food and vendors, crafts, and bands (They Might be Giants is scheduled).

The three of us also got a room at the brand new Hampton Inn, which is right there like a block off of Pearl Street. I'm shocked they had a room. I don't think the Albany police will hastle you too much if you tailgate in one of the many parking garages next to the arena, if you're not into the bar thing. The Grateful Dead used to love playing the Pepsi Arena (put out a double-live album recorded here) and always gave praise to the Albany police dept. for letting fans have fun, but you never know.

I've been waiting over 10 years to finally see PJ (we are all pushing 40 years old!). You think we'll stand out too much at the show? Should we blow off the opening band (I heard they suck)? PJ will probably hit the stage around 8:30 I would guess... I hope they don't concentrate too much on their new CD, although I realize that's why they're touring. Having never seen them, I just would be bummed if they didn't play Jeremy, Even Flow, Once, Breath, Dissident, Daughter, Black, and Alive.

Thanks for the info...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Thanks for the info...

I second that...keep that Albany info coming!! Thanks again
    "I hit like Mickey Mantle," Vedder said. "Hung over."
  • Options
    "Should we blow off the opening band (I heard they suck)? "

Whoever told you this is an idiot. MMJ is awesome. I personally was so excited to hear they were opening, I almost forgot how excited I was to see PJ. You should show for the opening band.
  • Options
    LongRhodeLongRhode Posts: 93
    MarkAss wrote:
    I've been waiting over 10 years to finally see PJ (we are all pushing 40 years old!). You think we'll stand out too much at the show?

Thanks for the info... my first show outside of NewEngland (ok, barely out of New England). My wife and I are heading up from Rhode Island through the pouring rain it sounds.. oh well, advantage of an inside show.

I am in the same boat as you (age wise). Last couple shows I saw in Boston had a fair amount of us 'same age as the band' folks.. enjoy the show!
    1991 - Warwick RI
    1994 - Boston Garden 1
    2003 - Mansfield 1
    2004 - Boston 1 & 2
    2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
    2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
  • Options
    See you all at one of the named bars!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MarkAssMarkAss Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice......right now the rain's not too bad, but I don't mind bar hopping. Beer in downtown Albany isn't that expensive, maybe $4 a pint, but there are probably a lot of specials to be found.

About MMJ, I guess I heard wrong. We will definitely check them out. I figure if we show up downtown at like 4pm, that'll give us enough time to have a few Diet Cokes.............er, I mean beers.

Maybe all the diehards won't notice that us 40 years olds don't know all the words to every song. I'm just glad to see them live after all these years.
    "Chesty. Our last word to you tonight." Eddie -Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY May '06