Options

Toronto 2.....can't even talk about it

2»

Comments

• Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    so the sound needs to be worked on.....so you're saying that mike's solo was amazing.....he's such a professional......i luv mike....now that the second Toronto show is....done....how were Matt, Jeff, Eddie, and Stone....did they look like they were having fun working out there?
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    yeah i was getting concerned about the tour status....and them being together for so long....glad to hear they're gathering speed..... really...thank god.
  • Options
    agusiakagusiak Posts: 7
    I would say that they have more than fun beeing there together
    I actually saw Stone making a circles ( Mike's style) and Eddie was just..........I dont know? happy to be there? crazy!!!
    and that was how I felt
    Chicago 10.09.00
    Chicago 06.18.03
    Toronto 05.10.06
  • Options
    BettormanBettorman Posts: 6
    Never posted after a show before but ........... I just have to after last night's show. Very, very amazing and special performance. As good, if not better than Buffalo '03! Probably the best of 15 shows I've seen. Night 1 was good, but Night 2 was awesome. Don't believe me ...... check out the bootleg. Never seen the band have so much fun onstage. Thanks again PJ for a night to remember ........ hopefully there's many more!
    Jolly Old England in June!

Toronto '00, Buffalo '03, Detroit I & II '03, Toronto '03, Toledo '04, KItchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Halifax, St. John's I&II '05, Toronto I&II, Pittsburgh '06
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    How did Release sound? Did Ed nail it?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    i'm sure they're will be many more.....
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    it was sooo awesome!! i LOVED it!! both shows rocked!!! my friend got drum sticks last nite too!! :D

i cant believe its over already!!! i hope they come again soon!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    just dragged my ass out of bed and I just want it to be last night again!!!!!
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said?
    I've been to 7 shows now, and this was definately the best. Night 1 was great, but it wasn't the best I've seen or anything, but last night was just...wow! Unfortunately I'm still suffering from a bit of jetlag, as I just got back from vacation on Sunday and haven't been able to get a good sleep yet, so I was exhausted last night and could barely stand for the 3 hours of musical brilliance, but it was so worth it to be there for that show.
    I FINALLY got to hear Garden on night 1, which made that show worth it, but last night, opening with Release (my personal favourite opener), and then getting to hear I Am Mine, Low Light, You Are (I frickin loved this song, the guitar sounded seriously dirty, which was VERY cool and funky), I got Id, rearviewmirror, SOLAT, Crazy Mary, Fuckin Up and Indifference. God, so many amazing songs...and then throwing in a little Beasts of Burden at the end of YL, too cool!
    The amount of energy that both the crowd and the band had yesterday, compared to Tuesday was crazy...you could tell from the time the crowd started doing the wave before the show started that I was gonna be rockin in there, and noone dissapointed.
    Thanks everyone else that was there, and to the band for making this show one that I'll never forget!

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said?
    I've been to 7 shows now, and this was definately the best. Night 1 was great, but it wasn't the best I've seen or anything, but last night was just...wow! Unfortunately I'm still suffering from a bit of jetlag, as I just got back from vacation on Sunday and haven't been able to get a good sleep yet, so I was exhausted last night and could barely stand for the 3 hours of musical brilliance, but it was so worth it to be there for that show.
    I FINALLY got to hear Garden on night 1, which made that show worth it, but last night, opening with Release (my personal favourite opener), and then getting to hear I Am Mine, Low Light, You Are (I frickin loved this song, the guitar sounded seriously dirty, which was VERY cool and funky), I got Id, rearviewmirror, SOLAT, Crazy Mary, Fuckin Up and Indifference. God, so many amazing songs...and then throwing in a little Beasts of Burden at the end of YL, too cool!
    The amount of energy that both the crowd and the band had yesterday, compared to Tuesday was crazy...you could tell from the time the crowd started doing the wave before the show started that I was gonna be rockin in there, and noone dissapointed.
    Thanks everyone else that was there, and to the band for making this show one that I'll never forget!

Peace
    :-p

Amen..I can die a happy man! * edit* well not until Denver!!!!!
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    nuzpaper wrote:
    Amen..I can die a happy man!

i couldn't agree more.

better than ottawa 05 and maybe better than buffalo. clearly number 1 or 2 of my 15 shows.
  • Options
    T.O 2 should be a DVD. I've never seen them have more fun
  • Options
    CenterCity wrote:
    so the sound needs to be worked on.....so you're saying that mike's solo was amazing.....he's such a professional......i luv mike....now that the second Toronto show is....done....how were Matt, Jeff, Eddie, and Stone....did they look like they were having fun working out there?

Definitely. The whole band was clearly having a good time, laughing between themselves, and just goin off, well, Stone was atleast doing his stomp in place enthusiastically.

Actually, I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I was close enough that I could read lips, and during SOLAT, when Eddie yells "Myyself, myyyself" in the middle, on the second scream he replaced "Myyself", with "Miiike's head", and Stone in Jeff were almost in tears laughing. Afterwards Jeff went over to Mike and told him what Eddie said and he was busting a gut too, the whole band was having a good time with eacother as much as with the crowd. Eddie even hugged Stone after one song, can't remember which one, but it was a cool sight. Wish I could relive the whole night again.
  • Options
    komienskikomienski Posts: 6
    I got to agree last night had a different energy than the one before, but unlike everyone else I'm not sure which was better.... I was absolutely dying to hear the new songs live and night 1 had inside job which just blew me away... Night 1 was 10 and Avocado, night 2 was more varied.... But 10 and Avocado are currently my favorite albums of all time so... hard to decide which boot to get... maybe both!

Who remembers the Mike/Boom high five after their dueling solo in crazy mary??? amazing
  • Options
    They were both great shows. The crowd was better the 2nd night :) Mike is adorable...lol
    "We live, we die, ultimately nothing means anything. Sometimes I wake up so fuckin empty that I wish I had never been born, but what choice do we have." -Six Feet Under
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    LikeaStone wrote:
    First of all download this - http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXPlay.exe

Then download the file - http://www.sendspace.com/file/07jfgu

Hope it works!! and thanks again to duggro

ca n'est pas un probleme mon ami

didnt think it'd be this popular! :)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    nuzpaper wrote:
    T.O 2 should be a DVD. I've never seen them have more fun
    DVD! DVD! DVD!

:)
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    DVD! DVD! DVD!

:)

i second that motion.