Options

My GR fanview..

Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Literally just getting back now at 2 AM. They played for 3+hours...First off, I took two casual fans tonight and PJ converted them by "Baba O'Riley". That is an amazing cover with great energy.

The first encore will make the many people go nuts that were not at the show, but it was a tad too long with the acoustic stuff. "HTI" is one of thier best songs but not after 4 other ballads. But the crowd still loved it..

The opening set was blistering and the ENTIRE CROWD was into it. I should know as I sat in sec.104 (crappy seats) and EVERYBODY was rockin'. "ELderly Woman" was more than a welcome surprise as an opener, "Given to Fly" likewise at #2. "WWS","Severed Hand" showed why the new album kicks serious ass. "Sad" is a song I played for my wife earlier today and it made her ball like lil girl... Her Grandmother is ill and it made her feel for her Grandpa..She told me THEY BETTER NOT PLAY THIS SONG TONIGHT...Of course they did...............................................and she LOVED IT anyway! Red Mosquito, a blistering "Even Flow", "Why Go" and "Green Disease" kept everyones energy up.

Ed teased us Message Pitters who had been calling for "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitz" for a month by introducing what became "Daughter" by saying it was the "Wreck"... Anyway, "Daughter" for whatever reason was particularly good tonight.

"Blood" was amazingly loud and Jeff went into '92 spazz mode, "Baba" converted my friends (thought I believe after "Alive the conversion was complete, they enjoyed the entire show including MMJ) and "Yellow Ledbetter" was a sing along that made GR feel funny inside. we loved it, we loved PJ...PJ loved us...Suck on that Hartford!

"Satans Bed" and "Sleight of Hand" were the only real misses from myPOV....Great show, 31 songs...Are you ready to rock Cleveland? Sorry for the incoherence as I am somewhat wasted..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    great stuff man sounds fun!!!!! interesting he called for the wreck of the edmund, how did he know??? 92 spazz mode sounds good.....

baba BLEW ME AWAY in vancouver 98!!!!! unreal.....my first show, was a big fan still even bigger after that.!!!

well done..cant wwait for my five shows.!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    great stuff man sounds fun!!!!! interesting he called for the wreck of the edmund, how did he know??? 92 spazz mode sounds good.....

baba BLEW ME AWAY in vancouver 98!!!!! unreal.....my first show, was a big fan still even bigger after that.!!!

well done..cant wwait for my five shows.!!

I think it is obvious he guages this board for Fan-views. How we feel and all. With all the bithcin going here lately I hope eddie realizes that this board literally makes up such a small portion of the show. Everyone tonight had fun and there was no hint at the Van Andel of the negative vibe that has been going on here...
  • Options
    While I am up.. I forgot to mention how groovy "Marker in the Sand" was. Defintley a highlight. I also had no idea "Green Disease" rockerd so hard.
  • Options
    While I am up.. I forgot to mention how groovy "Marker in the Sand" was. Defintley a highlight. I also had no idea "Green Disease" rockerd so hard.
  • Options
    we loved it, we loved PJ...PJ loved us...Suck on that Hartford!

ha haaaaaa! thats some funny shit!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,608
    The first encore will make the many people go nuts that were not at the show, but it was a tad too long with the acoustic stuff. "HTI" is one of thier best songs but not after 4 other ballads. But the crowd still loved it..

Im hoping they do something similar tonight personaly. I would love a 5 or so set of slower songs. It might take a little energy out, but its nice to mix it up, and Im probably more of a fan of the slower and middle tempo songs, not to say I dont love a good Blood or Last Exit.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Ed teased us Message Pitters who had been calling for "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitz" for a month by introducing what became "Daughter" by saying it was the "Wreck"... Anyway, "Daughter" for whatever reason was particularly good tonight.

HA!!! Ed's reading the Pit!!! Way to go, ereeper!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    ereeperereeper Posts: 66
    Thank You! Did you hear me yell when he said that?
    Indy 2000
    Detroit 2000
    Indy 2003
    Detroit I 2003
    Detroit II 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
  • Options
    mattmanmattman Posts: 12
    I was at the show, and i have to say, it was fantastic. They played a well balanced amount of old, new, familiar, and fan favorite songs. It looked like the guys had a blast playing, and the overall energy was terrific. I have been to several concerts at Van Andel, but pj simply owned that stage. They sounded great. I also loved the part when Eddie held up the banner "veterans for ed" and then went into Army reserve. Very cool stuff.

Also, I liked when they anounced that the Pistons won. Eddie then stated "no. I heard they lost by 3" Everyone in the crowd started heckling him. It was a cool moment. I picked up presale tickets, and the seats were awesome. Thanks ten club and pj for a memorable night.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    ereeper wrote:
    Thank You! Did you hear me yell when he said that?

if you are asking me, no. I was not there. I am on the west coast so waiting for those shows!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me