Need MORE Pictures of Stacy w/ Eddie During "GTF" In ASL!!!

IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Kerensa did a GREAT job taking shots of Stacy and Eddie during the "GTF" in ASL!!

There's one on pearljam.com and one in the bootleg.

I can't get enough of them!!!

Anyone took more pictures???

If so, please email me at melissarich@comcast.net!!!

:):):):):)

I still can't believe they pulled one of my interpreters up there.... whoa!!! :)
JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
EV: It's your band.
~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IamMine wrote:
    Kerensa did a GREAT job taking shots of Stacy and Eddie during the "GTF" in ASL!!

I still can't believe they pulled one of my interpreters up there.... whoa!!! :)
    Excuse my ignorance, but who is stacy and why was she on stage with ed?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Excuse my ignorance, but who is stacy and why was she on stage with ed?

She was one of my ASL intepreters and Eddie pulled her during the Given To Fly song to show the audience the song in ASL.

He asked her what the sign was for "fuckers" and she showed him the correct sign for that - because the previous "GTF" lady in St. Louis on TB2K DVD used the incorrect sign. :D
    ~Q Magazine

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hi IamMine

Been following the posts on how your shows went. Guess re the interpreters we get to quote a little Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain't bad :D It's not great but sounds like on the whole it went better than you feared it might.

Guess that's one job that interpreter will never forget :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Hey Mel!

I have some at home - but they're a bit fuzzy.... I was WAAAYYY too excited to take a steady pic! :D:D

As I mentioned in your Cleveland thread - i thought for a minute that it was YOU he was asking up on stage!! hahahaha!!! Kendra and I were freaking out! :)

I'll send you mine either tonight or tomorrow...

And dont' forget to send me the pic of you and I at the Big Buck! ;)

xoxo
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    Chime wrote:
    Hi IamMine

Been following the posts on how your shows went. Guess re the interpreters we get to quote a little Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain't bad :D

Guess that's one job that interpreter will never forget :)

Hahaha. :D

This is really mean...but Bobby made fun of the Cleveland interpreters and called them "trailer park interpreters". You should have seen their hair...

Hey before you attack me for that term - this is an ex-queen of double wide trailer years ago!! :D

Oh, Stacy was in heaven - I am hoping she will listen to Pearl Jam from now on and do a better job next time!!! She was really really nervous!!

Luke, the other interpreter, emailed me yesterday and said he's still thinking about that show - thought it was a GREAT show.

And that he's gonna listen to ALL of Pearl Jam now and will know all the songs by heart the next time they visit here.

:D:D:D
    ~Q Magazine

Hey Mel!

I have some at home - but they're a bit fuzzy.... I was WAAAYYY too excited to take a steady pic! :D:D

As I mentioned in your Cleveland thread - i thought for a minute that it was YOU he was asking up on stage!! hahahaha!!! Kendra and I were freaking out! :)

I'll send you mine either tonight or tomorrow...

And dont' forget to send me the pic of you and I at the Big Buck! ;)

xoxo

I'll take the blurry pictures!! :D

Yes, I WILL send you the picture of us at Big Buck's! I just need to use up the film!!!

I'll probably use it up today - Livia loves to have her pictures taken. ;)

I miss everyone already.... wahhh.

xoxoxxooo!!!
    ~Q Magazine

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    :D so happy for u

now i have a question too !

u said the venue pays for the interpritor ?? i think on the other thread and i was wondering are they there just for u or is there an area to be in if u need to use them ?
    do u have to pre arrange it , or does the venue sort it all out ??

i too thought u were going to say they pulled u up on stage ! maybe next time :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    :D so happy for u

now i have a question too !

u said the venue pays for the interpritor ?? i think on the other thread and i was wondering are they there just for u or is there an area to be in if u need to use them ?
    do u have to pre arrange it , or does the venue sort it all out ??

i too thought u were going to say they pulled u up on stage ! maybe next time :D

Thanks!! :)

Yes it has to be pre-arranged - usually the venues have their own "regular" interpreters, and they usually have a designated area for their own interpreters.

I did not want to use the Palace's interpreter because she was NOT certified and from the Deaf community, they said she was HORRIBLE - has no ASL skill, just straight english. They keep her for obvious reason - cheap $$. BUT, Mike who was in charge, was very willing to work with me on interpreter preferences. He went out of his way to make sure I would have a great time! :) He was even curious how it went after the show!

Cleveland's venue did not have their own interpreter but referred me to Belkin Productions through Live Nation. They located those two interpreters for me - they were supposedly to be one of the "top" interpreters.

RID/NAD certification shows the highest quality of signing skill. It's VERY difficult test to pass. Last time I heard, it was 700 dollars to take the test. I know some have re-taken it several times only to fail.

I have no fucking idea how those two passed...that's why Bobby used the "trailer park" term - getting a special kind of diploma.

I shouldn't be saying those things about them... maybe they are great for other concerts or shows for the deaf ohioans. I didn't like their signing skill and they just didn't do their job at Cleveland.

Steph didn't have good vibe around her, but the other terp was nice and sweet and unfortunately, she got sucked into her environment that night.

GR's venue had their own terp and she was really a bad ass one. :) If she knew more PJ songs, she would have nixed all of them!

I loved her MMJ songs - she did it so BEAUTIFULLY!

Loved her WWS song - I even stole her signs. :)

But her take on Comatose was funny - "Rising" - she used the erection sign... I was like "huh?? No!!!"

She said yes, that's how it is.... hahaha. Wrong.

Yes, the venues pay them.
    ~Q Magazine

• Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    IamMine wrote:

So how did everything go with the interpreters? I know you were having some issues?
    Everything work out fine?

Cheers
    Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    IamMine wrote:
    But her take on Comatose was funny - "Rising" - she used the erection sign... I was like "huh?? No!!!"

LMAO!!
    maybe she thought it was "penis rising", instead of "feel it rising"...
    :eek: ;):o:D
    LMAO!!

Haha... no, that's HOW she took it - feel it rising (penis erection!!).

I was laughing so hard....trying to correct her, but she refused!!!
    ~Q Magazine

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    that's too funny Mel

Liz said she enjoyed watching you and Bobby and the interpreter

Glad to hear you guys had so much fun

I'd like to see pictures myself
    Thanks to Jerkoff for the pictures he emailed me. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/IMG_0081Resized.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/IMG_0082Resized.jpg

:)

I'd love to get more if anyone has 'em! :D

Thanks so much, Jerkoff!! :D
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:
    Thanks to Jerkoff for the pictures he emailed me. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/IMG_0081Resized.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/IMG_0082Resized.jpg

I'd love to get more if anyone has 'em! :D

Thanks so much, Jerkoff!! :D

hey! great shots!! much better than the unintelligible streaks i sent you! ;):D

btw.... i keep forgetting to ask!! How did you like I Am Mine????

was that your first time hearing it??
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    IamMine wrote:
    Thanks!! :)

Yes it has to be pre-arranged - usually the venues have their own "regular" interpreters, and they usually have a designated area for their own interpreters.

I did not want to use the Palace's interpreter because she was NOT certified and from the Deaf community, they said she was HORRIBLE - has no ASL skill, just straight english. They keep her for obvious reason - cheap $$. BUT, Mike who was in charge, was very willing to work with me on interpreter preferences. He went out of his way to make sure I would have a great time! :) He was even curious how it went after the show!

Cleveland's venue did not have their own interpreter but referred me to Belkin Productions through Live Nation. They located those two interpreters for me - they were supposedly to be one of the "top" interpreters.

RID/NAD certification shows the highest quality of signing skill. It's VERY difficult test to pass. Last time I heard, it was 700 dollars to take the test. I know some have re-taken it several times only to fail.

I have no fucking idea how those two passed...that's why Bobby used the "trailer park" term - getting a special kind of diploma.

I shouldn't be saying those things about them... maybe they are great for other concerts or shows for the deaf ohioans. I didn't like their signing skill and they just didn't do their job at Cleveland.

Steph didn't have good vibe around her, but the other terp was nice and sweet and unfortunately, she got sucked into her environment that night.

GR's venue had their own terp and she was really a bad ass one. :) If she knew more PJ songs, she would have nixed all of them!

I loved her MMJ songs - she did it so BEAUTIFULLY!

Loved her WWS song - I even stole her signs. :)

Yes, the venues pay them.

The "rising" part had me laughing real hard! :D
    You should be asked up next time!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    LMAO!!

it's not???

;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    hey! great shots!! much better than the unintelligible streaks i sent you! ;):D

btw.... i keep forgetting to ask!! How did you like I Am Mine????

was that your first time hearing it??

Oh, I was in heaven. :) And yes, it was my first time hearing it!!!! :):):)

But even more now listening to bootleg...why is it that way? I WAS THERE!

Perhaps I was 'number'? In shock?

Hey, Buru!

Nah I'm glad they didn't ask me up on the stage...I was feeling weak in my stomach and knees when there was confusion for a moment.

I might have signed like a robot. :D

Sorry, bostonlou... :D

I could ask her to sign that for you, though... hehehe.
    ~Q Magazine