Smashing Pumpkins!

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited September 2018
    p good interview where the archives/Machina/new album are discussed.

https://youtu.be/3XtQRODxJYg
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    p good interview where the archives/Machina/new album are discussed.

https://youtu.be/3XtQRODxJYg

thanks, man

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Nice to see him diplomatic and with concern. I don't expect it to last forever, but 2018 Billy Corgan is probably the best version of Billy Corgan in the past 25 years.

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I played this a lot 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited September 2018
    FR181798 said:
    Really like the new single, excellent tune!  Solara has grown on me, especially after seeing it live.

I ordered the purple vinyl but just the album, not the box set.  Was there a glow in the dark or maybe mint green vinyl?  It looks like it in the graphic they posted on twitter but no one seems to know where to get it.  Spotify clear is sold out.
    Confused, I can only see the purple as part of the boxset. Surely if there was a GITD they would advertise this, $$$ more sales $$$ I saw the milky green image and thought it was just a poor representation of the clear. Too many options and a pointless boxset IMO. Gold looks to be the most limited at 500 and it's not even sold out. Just shows you that the whole Smashing Pumpkins saga has left little appetite for this band. It's a shame because the last album was decent. Can you imagine if PJ listed the new album in these variations and quantities. We'd all be moaning within 15 mins that it was sold out on everything but black.

Purple stand-alone is on the Pumpkins site. It’s not on the splash page. From the home page menu go to Store > Music.

GITD, as Tim mentioned, is on Bullmoose. It’s a separate listing than the standard black w/o a picture.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
    Nice to see him diplomatic and with concern. I don't expect it to last forever, but 2018 Billy Corgan is probably the best version of Billy Corgan in the past 25 years.

Absolutely. He really seems to be a lot more at peace and content with himself lately.
  • To be clear, Bullmoose isn't the only one with the GITD record. I think all retailers carrying the black will have it randomly. 

I played this a lot 

great bootleg!

FR181798 said:
    Really like the new single, excellent tune!  Solara has grown on me, especially after seeing it live.

I ordered the purple vinyl but just the album, not the box set.  Was there a glow in the dark or maybe mint green vinyl?  It looks like it in the graphic they posted on twitter but no one seems to know where to get it.  Spotify clear is sold out.
    Confused, I can only see the purple as part of the boxset. Surely if there was a GITD they would advertise this, $$$ more sales $$$ I saw the milky green image and thought it was just a poor representation of the clear. Too many options and a pointless boxset IMO. Gold looks to be the most limited at 500 and it's not even sold out. Just shows you that the whole Smashing Pumpkins saga has left little appetite for this band. It's a shame because the last album was decent. Can you imagine if PJ listed the new album in these variations and quantities. We'd all be moaning within 15 mins that it was sold out on everything but black.

Purple stand-alone is on the Pumpkins site. It’s not on the splash page. From the home page menu go to Store > Music.

GITD, as Tim mentioned, is on Bullmoose. It’s a separate listing than the standard black w/o a picture.

man, I want that GITD vinyl. not very good odds to get one though.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Anyone hitting up one of the smaller theater shows they're doing later this year? I just snagged tickets in the presale for the show in Tucson. Saw the tour opener in Glendale/Phoenix back in July and love it. Absolutely could not pass up the opportunity to see them in a 1,400 capacity venue. Will be really interesting to see how different the show is in such an intimate venue vs. an arena.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Gonna be at The Sylvee in Madison. Can't Wait
    not close enough to me.... seriously considered going to ST. Louis but I will have to pass this time.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Nice to see him diplomatic and with concern. I don't expect it to last forever, but 2018 Billy Corgan is probably the best version of Billy Corgan in the past 25 years.

Love the high faith in people you have Tim Simmons.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Its easy to slip into cynicism (I do it all the time, especially in this dark timeline), but we gotta keep looking forward and up. 

I'm certainly more cautious with BC. Its gonna take years to erase the stupid Alex Jones shit. But this is a start.

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Yep going to the Aragon Brawlroom..I dont think I've been there since I saw the pumpkins there in the 90s
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    ugh. Worst venue in the city.

ugh. Worst venue in the city.

Yea I'm not a huge fan...
    edited October 2018
    So a friend of mine who is a huge SP fan is moving to Japan in the next couple weeks.  Gave me a bunch of Pumpkins music that I didn't have and I spent the better part of last night ripping it all into iTunes.  Lull EP, Pisces Iscariot, Mellon Collie super deluxe, Adore super deluxe (signed), Machina, Zeitgeist and some random singles, most of which the b-sides were on the super deluxe sets so I didn't bother ripping them.  I even found an app that extracts DVD audio, so I have the concert DVD's that were included in the box sets ripped as music files too.  I also have the Viuphoria & If All Goes Wrong DVDs to rip yet (and gonna have to do that with all my other concert films now, too).  Looks like I still need the Aeroplane set and, aside from Zeitgeist, everything from Machina II forward, but looking forward to discovering all this Pumpkins music that I've missed over the last 20 years.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I love the Lull EP. "Bye June" is just fantastic.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    So a friend of mine who is a huge SP fan is moving to Japan in the next couple weeks.  Gave me a bunch of Pumpkins music that I didn't have and I spent the better part of last night ripping it all into iTunes.  Lull EP, Pisces Iscariot, Mellon Collie super deluxe, Adore super deluxe (signed), Machina, Zeitgeist and some random singles, most of which the b-sides were on the super deluxe sets so I didn't bother ripping them.  I even found an app that extracts DVD audio, so I have the concert DVD's that were included in the box sets ripped as music files too.  I also have the Viuphoria & If All Goes Wrong DVDs to rip yet (and gonna have to do that with all my other concert films now, too).  Looks like I still need the Aeroplane set and, aside from Zeitgeist, everything from Machina II forward, but looking forward to discovering all this Pumpkins music that I've missed over the last 20 years.
    If All Goes Wrong is a great dvd. so much unreleased stuff they performed live during that residency. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

If All Goes Wrong is a great dvd. so much unreleased stuff they performed live during that residency. 

I make a brief appearance in that video. I was in the crowd singing along to "Today". I know @dankind will want to go back and try to find it.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    lolobugg said:

I make a brief appearance in that video. I was in the crowd singing along to "Today". I know @dankind will want to go back and try to find it.
    I'll have to check it out! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

lolobugg said:

I'll have to check it out! 

:lol: they did the first residency in my town. I went to about 6 of the 9 shows. they were all awesome! wish they would put out some of the songs they wrote here.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Nice score..love that viuphoria mayonnaise 
    He found the Aeroplane Flies High box set and gave that to me yesterday. A couple other items as well but I don't recall what they were at the moment.
    He found the Aeroplane Flies High box set and gave that to me yesterday. A couple other items as well but I don't recall what they were at the moment.
    The SDE Aeroplane? I picked that up off Discogs a few years back. SO AMAZING.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Just the regular edition. Box, 5 CDs, & booklet. 
    Just the regular edition. Box, 5 CDs, & booklet. 
    I could burn you the SDE set (minus the DVD) if you want. Let me know. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Hearing good things about the new album.  Only heard the one song so far which was ok i thought.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Hearing good things about the new album.  Only heard the one song so far which was ok i thought.

new album is pretty good. not as good as the classics but a good starting point for the OG band to get back together.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2