Options

Pearl Jam Ten Club Members - Facebook group

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
Are you all on there?
I was scrolling through the posts in the group wondering who is who on here.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    Haven't used it for 5 years. It's no good.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Got rid of Facebook in 2011.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,296
    Not me anymore..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    I'm in one that Dimi and BostonLou are listed as the admins. I think there are lots of FB 10 club groups though.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I am on there.  Not very active though.  Rarely post on facebook, I use it for observing mostly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Never joined

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I'm in one that Dimi and BostonLou are listed as the admins. I think there are lots of FB 10 club groups though.
    I'm in that one and a few poster and sticker groups.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I have never been on Facebook, I hope I'm not missing out on something.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Never joined

Live free. Don't join.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,543
    Never had a crackbook account
    F Mark Zuckerberg 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Never joined

Live free. Don't join.

Hahaha
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Ah wells, thought I'd put faces to usernames. 
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    You’re not.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Annafalk said:
    You’re not.
    Thank you, HesCalledDyer. :)
  • Options
    I'm so glad so many Don t use it. Well done all of us
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited November 2018
    What, the "official" one? I'm on there... I rarely if ever post on it, but I'm still a member. That group is bat shit crazy for the most part, lol, and not in a good way. There is much too much blind obsession on display there, and it's just awkward. I'm on the other big one too, which is maybe what this thread is asking about? I literally never post to that one, I think because it used to be open, and I would never post to an open group. So I learned to ignore it (might have changed to closed now).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    You’re not.
    I disagree. Depending on what your interests are and how you use it, it's very handy/useful and can be a very positive resource. It can also be the exact opposite. It's just up to the person using it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    PJ_Soul said:
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    You’re not.
    I disagree. Depending on what your interests are and how you use it, it's very handy/useful and can be a very positive resource. It can also be the exact opposite. It's just up to the person using it.
    Agreed, I like Facebook. It all depends how you use it.  One of the greatest things about Facebook is in my opinion it has made the traditional high school reunion obselote.  Many of my “friends” on Facebook are people I haven’t seen since graduation night way back in 96. Now I know what they do, whether they have kids, where they live, etc. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    You’re not.
    Agreed, I like Facebook. It all depends how you use it.  One of the greatest things about Facebook is in my opinion it has made the traditional high school reunion obselote.  Many of my “friends” on Facebook are people I haven’t seen since graduation night way back in 96. Now I know what they do, whether they have kids, where they live, etc. 
    Creeper!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    Are you all on there?

which facebook group?  The "official" pearl jam one run by Dimitris and Boston Lou? yes. I know there are a few others also.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    You’re not.
    I went through a 'friend the people from high school who I didn't care about enough to stay friends with' phase too, when I first got on there. But later I unfriended them all because I realized I didn't give a shit what they were up to, and I didn't really want them to see what I was up to either, lol. What I do love facebook for is to be more involved/knowledgeable about my specific interests and hobbies. Obviously it's great for music fans, to follow venues, get ticket announcement info earliest, band news, etc etc, and you can join groups specific to bands and locations (i.e. there is a Vancouver PJ fan group. Great for getting local info and tix info, etc etc. I'm also in a couple groups for horror movie fans (just one example). That helps me know about new and old films I've not seen before, see actual fan reviews, I can talk about the movies with other really interested people, about the genre in general, and there are a ton of viewing parties hosted on these kinds of groups, which is awesome.
    Then there are the vinyl junky groups, which are super duper handy, and so on and so on. And then of course all the news sources on there are great too.
    So yeah, Facebook can really enrich a person's interests a lot! Literally ANY interest a person might have.
    And there are privacy settings - we're only vulnerable on FB if we allow ourselves to be (for the most part... of course they still use us for marketing purposes on there... but I really don't care enough about that to let it stop me from using it).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    What, the "official" one? I'm on there... I rarely if ever post on it, but I'm still a member. That group is bat shit crazy for the most part, lol, and not in a good way. There is much too much blind obsession on display there, and it's just awkward. I'm on the other big one too, which is maybe what this thread is asking about? I literally never post to that one, I think because it used to be open, and I would never post to an open group. So I learned to ignore it (might have changed to closed now).
    This one...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/
  • Options
    Are you all on there?

which facebook group?  The "official" pearl jam one run by Dimitris and Boston Lou? yes. I know there are a few others also.
  • Options
    I'm in the "Official Pearl Jam Tenclub members" group and the "Scandinavian Pearl Jam fans" group.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Through FB I found this on there!!!
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I'm not a member of the one you mentioned. I am in another one, and literally within a week of joining I had to mute the notifications from the thing!!!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,390
    edited November 2018
    Facebook is good, I am in a bunch of groups as well as the “official.” The official can be crazy, but the more specific groups are so much better than the boards. 

Facbook is especially better for the variety. Here we get the same 25 people daily. Which is fine and I enjoy it still, but it gets boring. Even santos likes facebook better lol
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    Are you all on there?

oh ok i think i'm in that one too (not as popular as the "official one") but less hectic for sure.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly