Options

White Album 2018 Remix

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sooo we are still waiting to hear the “why?” answer. I’m very perplexed by this. Do you think that when the world descends into chaos that copies of the White Album will be the new currency? If so, risky...but I respect it. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216

Ok, I'm confused. First I thought you were serious then I thought you were joking and now I'm calling BS. This isn't your collection.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Ok, I'm confused. First I thought you were serious then I thought you were joking and now I'm calling BS. This isn't your collection.
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401

I remember seeing something about this on TV a few years back.  Some kind of art project, or something weird like that.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It’s not me
  • Options
    Alright, this has been a popular thing on Twitter lately- let’s see your single record version of The White Album. 

Side A
    Glass Onion (“I told you about Strawberry Fields” seems appropriate to open up with)
    Helter Skelter
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Dear Prudence
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun
    Hey Jude

Side B
    Blackbird
    Revolution (single version)
    Sexy Sadie
    I’m So Tired
    Long, Long, Long
    Good Night
  • Options
    Alright, this has been a popular thing on Twitter lately- let’s see your single record version of The White Album. 

Side A
    Glass Onion (“I told you about Strawberry Fields” seems appropriate to open up with)
    Helter Skelter
    Dear Prudence
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun
    Hey Jude

Side B
    Blackbird
    Sexy Sadie
    I’m So Tired
    Long, Long, Long
    Good Night
    This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from The Beatles Anthology. Both Ringo and George Martin felt that it should have been a single album. Paul wasn't having it and said this (paraphrased a bit):

"You know, I've never been a great one for that sort of thing. To say that something's too long or too short or too this or too that. I mean...it's great! It sold. It's bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up."

I attempted to make a single disc out of this to play along...but couldn't muster leaving stuff like Piggies and Bungalow Bill off. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Put Ob-la-di & Everybody's got something to hide in there and I am happy.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351

They don't look so "white" anymore. Pretty gross.
  • Options

Side A
    Helter Skelter
    Dear Prudence
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun
    Hey Jude

Side B
    Blackbird
    Sexy Sadie
    I’m So Tired
    Long, Long, Long
    Good Night
    Interesting podcast about this; https://uproxx.com/music/celebration-rock-podcast-beatles-white-album-fantasy-ar/
    (From the fella who did that seven-part series when PJ was inducted into the R&R HoF.)
  • Options

Side A
    Helter Skelter
    Dear Prudence
    Happiness Is A Warm Gun
    Hey Jude

Side B
    Blackbird
    Sexy Sadie
    I’m So Tired
    Long, Long, Long
    Good Night
    For the record, I think may very well have nailed it!
  • Options
    No way I would cut Bungalow Bill, Birthday, Everybodys Got Something to Hide, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Rocky Raccoon, Ob-la-Do...well hell, I guess I couldn't cut any of it :lol: There's something about the artist throwing even the more quirky tracks on an album to really expand the depth of the album. I feel the same way about Vitalogy. I love that whole album even though you could make it a much leaner product for the masses.
  • Options
    I also have found myself shifting more toward the Lennon camp as the years have gone by when it comes to my preferred vocalist, but then I listen to tracks like Helter Skelter and appreciate the rougher side of McCartney beyond his normal mellow sound and that he can pull it off just as much as Lennon. It just always seemed that Lennon had the much more natural and free flowing sound.
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Finally finished listening through all of this and WOW this release is incredible!

Greatest songwriting binge of all time. Period.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    When I first really fell in love with the Beatles in high school the White Album was probably one of my least favorite and I could never understand the praise for it with so few hits, IMO. Sgt. Pepper was always my favorite, mostly because A Day in the Life is such an amazing song. The only better song is Hey Jude, long time favorite. Now, over 20 years later, I have finally come to my senses. Listening to this remixed deluxe version of The White Album has just blown me away. I put on headphones last night (and I don't even have great headphones) and became immersed in this album. I had no intentions of listening to the whole thing, but just couldn't stop because the sound stage for this album is so great. I got through half of the Esher demos on headphones before I finally forced myself to go to bed at around 230am. It's been a long time since I have had that feeling about a music release. It was like rediscovering The Beatles all over again. This will now be my go to album and release from The Beatles.
    Post edited by tbergs on
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    When I first really fell in love with the Beatles in high school the White Album was probably one of my least favorite and I could never understand the praise for it with so few hits, IMO. Sgt. Pepper was always my favorite, mostly because A Day in the Life is such an amazing song. The only better song is Hey Jude, long time favorite. Now, over 20 years later, I have finally come to my senses. Listening to this remixed deluxe version of The White Album has just blown me away. I put on headphones last night (and I don't even have great headphones) and became immersed in this album. I had no intentions of listening to the whole thing, but just couldn't stop because the sound stage for this album is so great. I got through half of the Esher demos on headphones before I finally forced myself to go to bed at around 230am. It's been a long time since I have had that feeling about a music release. It was like rediscovering The Beatles all over again. This will now be my go to album and release from The Beatles.
    That’s an awesome post, man. Very similar to my experience. 
  • Options
    Admittedly, I haven't listened to either reissue (Sgt. Pepper or White Album) - yet. Was Sgt. Pepper just as mind blowing?
  • Options
    I am so excited to unwrap mine and play it now that my exams are finished for the year.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Admittedly, I haven't listened to either reissue (Sgt. Pepper or White Album) - yet. Was Sgt. Pepper just as mind blowing?
    Sgt. Peppers is amazing. I'll let you know how it compares.
  • Options
    Finally got to listen to it.
    Phenomenal.
    As mind blowing as the Sgt. Peppers 50th anniversary edition.
  • Options
  • Options
    Don't know what Anthony Fantano is complaining about with Helter Skelter and Revolution 1 in his YouTube review. Both are amazing.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Gotta love when people freak out about an album that was released 50 years ago lol
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Sounds incredible...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    Don't know what Anthony Fantano is complaining about with Helter Skelter and Revolution 1 in his YouTube review. Both are amazing.
    That guy just likes to complain.......a lot.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    I've been following this thread. I just ordered.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I've been following this thread. I just ordered.
    You won't be disappointed.
    Let us know what you think.
  • Options
    That guy just likes to complain.......a lot.
    I reckon.