Options

"I know they all look alike"

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I'm not really sure who you guys are talking about, but if you're talking about me reporting someone (who shall remain nameless), I didn't actually go through with it. If you're talking about someone else, just ignore this post.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    I have no idea who, if anyone specific, is being talked about. I don't really think that anyone reports posts to the mods except the very rare instances when they've been egregious, or when there's been concern about someone's (i.e. the poster's) well-being. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    I'm not really sure who you guys are talking about, but if you're talking about me reporting someone (who shall remain nameless), I didn't actually go through with it. If you're talking about someone else, just ignore this post.
    As much as I was joking, I honestly can't picture anyone here reporting anyone else.  I least I would hope not.  Who here would dare cast the first stone?  Not I! 

I think we are all like a somewhat dysfunctional family.  We're a bit like Keith Richards said about him and Jagger.  Like a feuding family. 

In these weird times, I'm glad your all here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited November 2018
    Thank you both for the responses! Very kind of you.

I'm glad that the feuding family remains intact as well, Brianlux. :)  All of the regulars have definitely earned a seat at the table.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Thank you both for the responses! Very kind of you.

I'm glad that the feuding family remains intact as well, Brianlux. :)  All of the regulars have definitely earned a seat at the table.
    Here, here!

And pass the gravy, please.  :smile:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I flagged someone once for shockingly blatant anti-Semitism directed at a person known to be of Jewish descent and faith. 

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:
    "Mixed breeding". Is that some kind of white supremacist lingo?
    Yes, as is 'forced association'. 

Unsung pops in and posts or says something that is outright racist or controversial. He then leaves, ignores questions or demands answers for questions that any person of any political persuasion would find offensive and not worthy of answering. 

He used to post as a libertarian but it seems he has drank the Kool-Aid. If only for his inability to have an intelligent & respectful debate with anyone anymore. 

It is tiresome and SAD! to watch someone devolve.
    I'd say that my attendance here is really none of your business and my reasons why or why not as well.  

If you knew anything of Libertarian core principles you'd know that the following apply.

Do no harm but to prevent harm.
    All associations should be voluntary.
    Taxation is theft.  In other words you don't have any right to my labor, and vice versa.

Now while I no longer claim to be a Libertarian, I do still believe in those three points.  

Government is force.  I don't believe in forcing my beliefs, even on someone such as yourself, and therefore I will not have you force yours on me.

The common tactic that the left uses is to discredit the source, quickly followed by name calling and attacking the person with the opinion, instead of arguing the point.  Straight out of the Alinsky Communist playbook.

I'm not here to provide your research, not going to use your hijacked vocabulary either,  and really don't care of what you think of my attendance.  My attendance is voluntary.  I have been attacked here repeatedly and never give it a second thought, even by the guy that still lives in Mommy's basement 

You want an unsung AMA so that the stalking and screeching to my opinions can be isolated to one thread?  Easy enough to go back and see me devolve, huh?

Maybe you just want your echo chamber.  Get your safe space, huh?
    so you deride others as attacking the person, and then you proceed to:

-make fun of someone for living with their parents
    -parrot the right's stupid talking points "echo chamber" and "safe space". 

the hypocrisy is hilarious. 
    You beat me to it as if Unsung knows why such a person has to live with parents , my mother suffers from Alzheimer’s she lives with my brother but if he wasn’t around you can bet that I would move in with her to take care of her , Unsung doesn’t know anything about the poster he so ridicules ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I flagged someone once for shockingly blatant anti-Semitism directed at a person known to be of Jewish descent and faith. 

And then, Adolf Hitler left the tenclub, gave up on his artistic dreams and invaded Poland.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited November 2018
    unsung said:
    Yawn.  Point proven.  Again.  Usual suspects.

I didn't use names, unlike the obession with some here.
    what point was that exactly? who is obsessing about what?

and we're all still waiting for your big explanation about how a society works without government services. you have been asked this multiple times, always claim you'll answer, and never do. because it's a fallacy not grounded in any reality. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rgambs said:

And then, Adolf Hitler left the tenclub, gave up on his artistic dreams and invaded Poland.
    Actually, he was banned and went back to being a lawyer and trolling other message boards.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    How does a fire department work in a society with no government services?  

When your house is on fire do you log on to Yelp and search reviews before you hire someone?  Or do you just let it burn to the ground and grab your Ayn Rand books on the way out of the inferno?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    *Spoiler alert

IF he deigns to reply at length to these queries (it would be the first time) about how society would function, then the answer will be...governments lol
    Except the governments will be small and be called councils or committees or some other word, and there will be absolutely nothing to distinguish the system from all the civilizations that have come and gone and consolidated local governments into larger ones for the incredibly obvious and logical reasons for doing so.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    rgambs said:
    *Spoiler alert

IF he deigns to reply at length to these queries (it would be the first time) about how society would function, then the answer will be...governments lol
    Except the governments will be small and be called councils or committees or some other word, and there will be absolutely nothing to distinguish the system from all the civilizations that have come and gone and consolidated local governments into larger ones for the incredibly obvious and logical reasons for doing so.
    I hope there is a reply, though I haven’t got one in the past when I’ve asked the same questions. I’m curious as to what the libertarian viewpoint is. I could look it up myself but I’d rather hear unsung’s version first. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    *Spoiler alert

That sounds right to me, at least historically.  But what about tribal communities that historically have fared quite well for long periods of time?  Hasn't tribalism in native cultures lasted longer than big governments in "civilized" cultures?  I think so.  I would be in favor of tribal communities with small tribal forms of government only in developed nations that won't happen.  But theoretically, small community based groups of humans would be my ideal.  And if greed were not a common characteristic of modern homo sapiens, large government would not be necessary.  In any case, I think modern civilization is poised to collapse in this century. 

As a side note, some here are getting away with murder making so many post personal attacks on another forum member.  

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I say fuck all the time here... and would report you fuckers to the mods in a heartbeat :)
  • Options
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Unsung pops in and posts or says something that is outright racist or controversial. He then leaves, ignores questions or demands answers for questions that any person of any political persuasion would find offensive and not worthy of answering. 

He used to post as a libertarian but it seems he has drank the Kool-Aid. If only for his inability to have an intelligent & respectful debate with anyone anymore. 

I'd say that my attendance here is really none of your business and my reasons why or why not as well.  

If you knew anything of Libertarian core principles you'd know that the following apply.

Taxation is theft.  In other words you don't have any right to my labor, and vice versa.

Now while I no longer claim to be a Libertarian, I do still believe in those three points.  

Government is force.  I don't believe in forcing my beliefs, even on someone such as yourself, and therefore I will not have you force yours on me.

The common tactic that the left uses is to discredit the source, quickly followed by name calling and attacking the person with the opinion, instead of arguing the point.  Straight out of the Alinsky Communist playbook.

I'm not here to provide your research, not going to use your hijacked vocabulary either,  and really don't care of what you think of my attendance.  My attendance is voluntary.  I have been attacked here repeatedly and never give it a second thought, even by the guy that still lives in Mommy's basement 

You want an unsung AMA so that the stalking and screeching to my opinions can be isolated to one thread?  Easy enough to go back and see me devolve, huh?

Nobody here can force their beliefs on your here, so accusing anyone of doing so on this board doesn't work.
    Maybe not directly but it is done when you vote.  It is one of the reasons why I don't.  We can agree to disagree.
    so voting is a way of indirectly forcing your beliefs on others? did I read that right?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    rgambs said:
    *Spoiler alert

I picture Amish communities.  Is that what they want?  Ring a bell when your house is on fire or a burglar starts rifling through your trinkets? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    I say fuck all the time here... and would report you fuckers to the mods in a heartbeat :)
    Haha!  I do too.  But here's the thing (and, man, is this ever off topic), when we went to see Henry Rollins at The Crest in Sacramento a few weeks ago, Henry never once said any of the George Carlin 7 words.  No "fuck", no "shit", no "motherfucker", nothing.  Once, he quoted someone as saying "son-of-a-bitch".  That was the only cuss word in 2 1/2 hours of talking.   I thought that was impressive as Henry's reason for that is that he believes avoiding swearing makes him a better speaker who uses better, more accurate language. 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:
    Haha!  I do too.  But here's the thing (and, man, is this ever off topic), when we went to see Henry Rollins at The Crest in Sacramento a few weeks ago, Henry never once said any of the George Carlin 7 words.  No "fuck", no "shit", no "motherfucker", nothing.  Once, he quoted someone as saying "son-of-a-bitch".  That was the only cuss word in 2 1/2 hours of talking.   I thought that was impressive as Henry's reason for that is that he believes avoiding swearing makes him a better speaker who uses better, more accurate language. 
    it does. it forces you to articulate yourself instead of just falling back on swear words. kind of like the adult version of "ummmm"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    brianlux said:
    rgambs said:
    *Spoiler alert

That sounds right to me, at least historically.  But what about tribal communities that historically have fared quite well for long periods of time?  Hasn't tribalism in native cultures lasted longer than big governments in "civilized" cultures?  I think so.  I would be in favor of tribal communities with small tribal forms of government only in developed nations that won't happen.  But theoretically, small community based groups of humans would be my ideal.  And if greed were not a common characteristic of modern homo sapiens, large government would not be necessary.  In any case, I think modern civilization is poised to collapse in this century. 

As a side note, some here are getting away with murder making so many post personal attacks on another forum member.  
    Most people, myself included, would agree.
    The problem is that will only work in relative isolation.  Otherwise, small tribes are victims to larger tribes in the disgusting human arms race.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    my2hands said:
    Can't believe that  none of you fuckers has posted this...

https://youtu.be/XdfwFDZGnUk
  • Options
    my2hands said:

fuckin' a

:lol:

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

I think this is where I point out all the benefits you derive from services provided through taxation, and then you fail to recognize them or respond to the discussion. 
    Unsung, I don't think I've ever seen you really talk about what it would be like if the government didn't tax anyone. I'm seriously curious to know what you think such a world would look like. How would things like roads be built? What about law enforcement and other emergency services, the military, prisons, and all the other infrastructure and services now covered by tax revenue (aside from education and healthcare - I assume you think that should be completely left up to the free market ... scary, scary stuff)? Are you thinking every single service would be support by free market investment?? What if the economy collapses? Or what if the investments are just bad? Then what? And how would such complex bureaucracies maintain themselves in any kind of honest way while they're intertwined with the free market?
    And what about those things that are more easily waved off to the free market, like schools and hospitals... what options do you picture for the people who couldn't pay for such services with their income? What happens to them? Do they just never learn to read and then die in the streets? Are do the free market services act as charities too? What if those running the "businesses" choose not to provide such charity?
    Bumping for placement, trying to do this today.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    my2hands said:
    Fuck that shit
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Love it... what s great show
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

I think this is where I point out all the benefits you derive from services provided through taxation, and then you fail to recognize them or respond to the discussion. 
    Unsung, I don't think I've ever seen you really talk about what it would be like if the government didn't tax anyone. I'm seriously curious to know what you think such a world would look like. How would things like roads be built? What about law enforcement and other emergency services, the military, prisons, and all the other infrastructure and services now covered by tax revenue (aside from education and healthcare - I assume you think that should be completely left up to the free market ... scary, scary stuff)? Are you thinking every single service would be support by free market investment?? What if the economy collapses? Or what if the investments are just bad? Then what? And how would such complex bureaucracies maintain themselves in any kind of honest way while they're intertwined with the free market?
    And what about those things that are more easily waved off to the free market, like schools and hospitals... what options do you picture for the people who couldn't pay for such services with their income? What happens to them? Do they just never learn to read and then die in the streets? Are do the free market services act as charities too? What if those running the "businesses" choose not to provide such charity?
    Bumping for placement, trying to do this today.
    bump?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :bee:
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    :whistle:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,690
    title is missing punctuation
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14