San Jose - Spartan Stadium - November 1995

Hi folks, before LO4L focuses our attention to Atlanta this Friday, once again we're fielding for stories and memories for our next show. The year - 1995. The city - San Jose. This was a show that was never originally a part of their tour circuit that year, but it ended up being a makeup show for the infamous Golden Gate Park incident. That's the show where Pearl Jam came out and played 7 songs but Eddie left the stage due to food poisoning. The rest of the night is filled in by the legendary Neil Young to the fans displeasure. They made it up to the fans that November and featured some future fan favorites songs that were just budding into form at the time.

As always, we're looking for people who attended this show or remember the food poisoning situation when it occurred. That goes for either show, we want to know about San Jose AND Golden Gate Park. If you have a good memory of what went down on either of those nights, either leave a comment here or go the ol' traditional route and send us an email at - Liveon4LegsPodcast@gmail.com. Thanks, and prepare for a killer Atlanta episode this Friday! (to check out any of our past shows, see links below in my signature)
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    What a fantastic show! I have a special memory from that show - I'll email you tomorrow.
  • JH6056 said:
    What a fantastic show! I have a special memory from that show - I'll email you tomorrow.
    Thank you!
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• I was at both shows - SF was my first PJ show SJ was #2.  Bad religion and Ben Harper opened the respective shows - been a huge fan of each since then.  Although by today’s standards the San Jose show isn’t a long show - back then it seemed to go on forever.  Awesome memories of friends crowd surfing disappearing in the pit and then popping up out of nowhere.  The band was ready to make up for the SF disappointment to 
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Episode is out! Listen to it here:

• KC2917KC2917 Posts: 870
    I was at both of those. San Jose ‘95 is still one of my all time favorite PJ shows. Release as the opener, closing with indifference... fucking epic.