Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Guy what are your thoughts on vault 37?  I see one for sale on the forums but I don’t know if it is any good. Thanks. 
    It's okay.  PJ Soul mentioned earlier, rightfully, that the sound is distant.  I'm not sure if they tried the direct acetate recording on this one too, or what. It's not as good of a sound as the Roo vault, as an example.  I would call it disappointing.  I'm also miffed that there are several repeats across the records.  I just don't understand why he would do that.  
    Which number vault is roo?
    22... even comes with a DVD of the performance..

https://www.discogs.com/Jack-White-Live-From-Bonnaroo-2014/release/6418235
    And other goodies. That was definitely one of the best Vaults.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I might have a Jack White Roo that I will be selling soon. It was opened but I believe all the parts are still in the box. it did have a lot of cool knick knacks included. I never even got around to playing it though.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    lolobugg said:
    I might have a Jack White Roo that I will be selling soon. It was opened but I believe all the parts are still in the box. it did have a lot of cool knick knacks included. I never even got around to playing it though.
    Let me know! I just want the vinyl, I could care less about the other stuff. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:
    but the question is.....how MUCH less could you care?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:
    An excellent question.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mcgruff10 said:
    lolobugg said:
     ;) 
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I'VE EVER BEEN TO. Top to bottom it was magnificent. 

and I've never seen an opening band get the reaction they did. Crown Lands. A Canadian two piece (never heard of them before this). Drummer is also the lead vocalist. The place was packed and jacked for these two. it was awesome. so glad I saw them. Met them after the show. Super humble guys. Super appreciative of Jack and his team to choose them for the tour. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

any of you the person with the Deep member shirt and poster holster with Sub Pop sticker last night? saw you a few times at the concession stands off the floor. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Last night's Halifax show was pretty good. :) 

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    demetrios said:

I dig it.  Good for Jack for going up to NS.  This has been quite a tour.  Who is the artist?  Methane Studios has been doing a bunch of shows for him, but that doesn't really look like a Methane.  
    demetrios said:

It's a cross between The Wizard of Oz and The Shining (the book, not that shitty movie).
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I'm very excited about Tuesday's show :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2018
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I'm very excited about Tuesday's show :)
    Yea, should be a good one.
    OMW to Chicago for tonight's show!  
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    mrussel1 said:
    OMW to Chicago for tonight's show!  
    Enjoy! Let us know how it goes :rock_on:
  • I got to see him Friday night here in NYC and I will say that even though it's the same setlist that I saw this summer it's a completely different show.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    I got to see him Friday night here in NYC and I will say that even though it's the same setlist that I saw this summer it's a completely different show.
    Different in a good way? Did you enjoy? Blow your mind? Tomorrow I'm heading to Nashville to see him. 
  • jjflash said:
    I got to see him Friday night here in NYC and I will say that even though it's the same setlist that I saw this summer it's a completely different show.
    Different in a good way? Did you enjoy? Blow your mind? Tomorrow I'm heading to Nashville to see him. 
    He gets better every time I see him.

Seriously.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    When does the Raconteurs vault ship?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    In the past it seems this quarter starts showing up right around Christmas.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    DewieCox said:
    In the past it seems this quarter starts showing up right around Christmas.
    Cool—thanks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    People are lined up outside in front of Bridgestone Arena. Is it for GA seats?

I didn't see any Jack White concert billboards on the stadium sides. Maybe I looked at the wrong side. You would think there would be promotion on the stadium.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku said:

I didn't see any Jack White concert billboards on the stadium sides. Maybe I looked at the wrong side. You would think there would be promotion on the stadium.
    Those are the rabid and crazy JW fans lining up for GA.

PJ has some crazies and then there are the JW crazies!
    Ms. Haiku said:

The JW crazies aren't quite as insane as the PJ crazies, but pretty close. It's just that PJ has more of them. And some are one in the same - I'm not sure what kind of insanity happens for these folks if JW and PJ happen to be touring at the same time. :lol:
    Hope you guys have a great one tonight! Last night was amazing.  Best of the three shows I was fortunate to see this tour.  

Energy level was off the chart. 
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ms. Haiku said:

The JW crazies aren't quite as insane as the PJ crazies, but pretty close. It's just that PJ has more of them. And some are one in the same - I'm not sure what kind of insanity happens for these folks if JW and PJ happen to be touring at the same time. :lol:
    This one here saw PJ on Wed and Fri and then JW on Sat.

This is one of the things I like about JW. Seems he plays his songs different every time. I've seen him solo 5 times and I'm sure Hotel Yorba was different each time. 
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ms. Haiku said:

This one here saw PJ on Wed and Fri and then JW on Sat.

This is one of the things I like about JW. Seems he plays his songs different every time. I've seen him solo 5 times and I'm sure Hotel Yorba was different each time. 
    Three times I saw You've got her in your pocket...  once was a capella (with no mic even), once with an acoustic and then last night it was on the piano.. amazing.  And then he turned around and played Doorbell on the drums, singing, and at the end, got up and ripped off a mind bending guitar solo.  Right before that he played Lazaretto in such a different key and tempo that it took me halfway through the song before I figured out what he was playing!  It was truly astounding.  
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Love it!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mrussel1 said:
    Three times I saw You've got her in your pocket...  once was a capella (with no mic even), once with an acoustic and then last night it was on the piano.. amazing.  And then he turned around and played Doorbell on the drums, singing, and at the end, got up and ripped off a mind bending guitar solo.  Right before that he played Lazaretto in such a different key and tempo that it took me halfway through the song before I figured out what he was playing!  It was truly astounding.  
    That sounds awesome!!!
    #FHP
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I really need to see him live for the first time. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......