Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Do we really need to have this discussion again?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I didn't say move on from 2016,  i think it should be looked at for years. I said move on from the farce that legions of racist/sexist Americans are to blame for the election of trump. It's bullshit. I also pointed out that if America was half as racist as some claim, dems wouldn't have had the advances they did in 2018.

AND, i was just responding to halifaxs post which was still inferring that racism decided the election, so i'm not the one that brought up 2016

Pretty simple
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Of course there are racist voters... and sexist voters... and dumb voters... and non-racist voters... and non-sexist voters... and smart voters

If America was HALF as racist and sexist as some people like to claim, how would the Dems win the midterm and get 12 million more votes? Because they are in the minority, and did not decide the 2016 election. Get over it, or keep wasting your time screaming everybody that disagrees is racist, your call.
    Who's saying 'half'? It's more like one third.

Not too shabby!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Of course there are racist voters... and sexist voters... and dumb voters... and non-racist voters... and non-sexist voters... and smart voters

If America was HALF as racist and sexist as some people like to claim, how would the Dems win the midterm and get 12 million more votes? Because they are in the minority, and did not decide the 2016 election. Get over it, or keep wasting your time screaming everybody that disagrees is racist, your call.

Not too shabby!
    Are we only counting white racists?

If so, you think half of white Americans are racist? Whites are 60+% of USA pop... half of that would be 30%, or just under 1/3...

So you're saying half of white America is racist? 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    my2hands said:
    I didn't say move on from 2016,  i think it should be looked at for years. I said move on from the farce that legions of racist/sexist Americans are to blame for the election of trump. It's bullshit. I also pointed out that if America was half as racist as some claim, dems wouldn't have had the advances they did in 2018.

AND, i was just responding to halifaxs post which was still inferring that racism decided the election, so i'm not the one that brought up 2016

Pretty simple
    it all depends on your definition or spectrum of racist/sexist. many would argue, and have argued, that if you support a racist/sexist, then that makes you one yourself, since turning a blind eye to it is being complicit. 

since you keep talking about how the dems "haven't figured it out yet", I think discounting the racist/sexist portion of his voters does the analysis a disservice. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Only talking about the shit show that the Trump administration has BECOME and IS, like as of today, makes the conversation better. 
    Way less repetitive. 

PARIS (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump, who attacked his French counterpart in a series of tweets on Tuesday, should have shown “common decency” instead since the country was mourning the anniversary of deadly attacks in Paris, a French government spokesman said.

In five posts sent on the same day France marked the anniversary of the 2015 attacks that killed 130 people, Trump blasted the key U.S. ally over its near defeat to Germany in two world wars, its wine industry and President Emmanuel Macron’s approval ratings.

This fucker is MAD UNFIT.  Today.  Now.  

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I’ve laid out my numbers and percentages repeatedly and yet some posters continue to ignore them and the links to evidence that backs it up. To each their own.

Now, what was that about 2020? And yea, his 37% base is racist and misogynistic. Just look for Laura Ingraham’s screed to confirm it.

https://apple.news/ABTtVEvEmScqZ5kli907kHw
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I’ve laid out my numbers and percentages repeatedly and yet some posters continue to ignore them and the links to evidence that backs it up. To each their own.

Now, what was that about 2020? And yea, his 37% base is racist and misogynistic. Just look for Laura Ingraham’s screed to confirm it.

https://apple.news/ABTtVEvEmScqZ5kli907kHw
    I didn't ignore them at all, i read the study. It went looking to prove racism decided the election. I clearly stated it was bullshit, proved bupkus, and provided the obvious reason HRC lost the election via the electoral college.  

7% decline in black voters. Upside down flip of union support in the midwest, you know, the states she skipped. She lost 2 states by 1% total. I don't need a biased study to tell me what happened, because it's obvious. But keep clinging to your racism and sexism
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Only talking about the shit show that the Trump administration has BECOME and IS, like as of today, makes the conversation better. 
    Way less repetitive. 

PARIS (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump, who attacked his French counterpart in a series of tweets on Tuesday, should have shown “common decency” instead since the country was mourning the anniversary of deadly attacks in Paris, a French government spokesman said.

In five posts sent on the same day France marked the anniversary of the 2015 attacks that killed 130 people, Trump blasted the key U.S. ally over its near defeat to Germany in two world wars, its wine industry and President Emmanuel Macron’s approval ratings.

Yeah bro, we know, Trump sucks, no doubt. 

That was fun
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Not too shabby!
    Are we only counting white racists?

If so, you think half of white Americans are racist? Whites are 60+% of USA pop... half of that would be 30%, or just under 1/3...

So you're saying half of white America is racist? 

You said: If America was HALF as racist and sexist...

You left the 'sexist' part out from the original equation you put forth.
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    Way less repetitive. 

He only likes countries that don't nearly get defeated by Germany? Let alone the other petty items like approval ratings and the wine industry.

What the f**k is this? Seriously?

Wow. The champion from championville!
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Whats this with Germany nearly defeated France?  France surrendered and signed an Armistice agreement with Germany.  

Trump, Trump, stick a US uniform on him and stick his cowardly ass embedded with the US troops.  Then you will see poopy camo pants...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

But you're just always grossly exaggerating about how many people others are saying are racist or sexist.... When someone says it any context, you change the context to them meaning everyone. And then you act like it's barely a factor at all, which is also wrong.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    my2hands said:

Pretty simple
    ^
    This guy just doesn't get it and doesn't want to get it. Tough to argue with someone who completely ignores the facts. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

But you're just always grossly exaggerating about how many people others are saying are racist or sexist.... When someone says it any context, you change the context to them meaning everyone. And then you act like it's barely a factor at all, which is also wrong.
    It is impossible to reason with him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, i get it, and i can be reasoned with. 

Let me make everybody feel better real quick

TRUMP SUCKS!

ok, now what? Have any tweets we can obsess over? How about how he drinks water? Toilet paper? How about his orange dick? 

What do you guys want to discuss? Wanna go see Stormy at the strip club? :)

Very few of you folks seem to have seen PJ in the Philly area... which means i trust very few of you, especially the canadians sewing discord in my country via a rock bands message board :)

I'm going to have Halifax so fired up by 2020 he's gonna drive with me to the midwest to knock on doors lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

TRUMP SUCKS!

ok, now what? Have any tweets we can obsess over? How about how he drinks water? Toilet paper? How about his orange dick? 

Very few of you folks seem to have seen PJ in the Philly area... which means i trust very few of you, especially the canadians sewing discord in my country via a rock bands message board :)

I'm going to have Halifax so fired up by 2020 he's gonna drive with me to the midwest to knock on doors lol
    Nope.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Whats this with Germany nearly defeated France?  France surrendered and signed an Armistice agreement with Germany.  

Trump, Trump, stick a US uniform on him and stick his cowardly ass embedded with the US troops.  Then you will see poopy camo pants...

France was victorious in the Great War.  So...nearly defeated in one, defeated in the second.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    my2hands said:

TRUMP SUCKS!

I saw every Philadelphia area show from 1992-2006

I still firmly believe that if you support racism, or a racist, in any way,  shape, or form that makes you a racist as well.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:
    Way less repetitive. 

Yeah bro, we know, Trump sucks, no doubt. 

That was fun

Nope. He is great. Keep him exactly where he is for 2020.

Blue wave part deux. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

France was victorious in the Great War.  So...nearly defeated in one, defeated in the second.  
    True.  I guess I'm like a lot of people, WW2 always comes to mind at first.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/14/poll-trump-2020-reelection-support-990015?fbclid=IwAR07pqYgZ8G6FvIAp6Z_40W8cQSwz5wQJZwuICrflCMCGHEXTch_BEQYiCY

Interesting....

I actually don't think he'll run again.  My guess is that he will bow out and take credit for making Amerikkka great again and use some excuse for not serving a second term (a term that he would definitely win....which won't be challenged if he doesn't run)

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It's certainly the most fascinating war in history, based on both the scale, the primal battle of good vs. evil and that it is so well documented.  There's a six or seven part series on WW1 that is really well done though.  You should definitely catch it on Netflix.  WW1 is much more scarce.  And the Ken Burns series on Vietnam is amazing.  
  • Options
    ^WW1 footage is much more scarce..
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    mrussel1 said:
    My wife's Grandfather fought in WWI.  He died when her Mom was 10 days old in 1940.

He kept a diary that was really interesting.  On Nov 11th 1918 he started his day off "going over the top" and indicated that he almost died that day due to gas.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    My wife's Grandfather fought in WWI.  He died when her Mom was 10 days old in 1940.

He kept a diary that was really interesting.  On Nov 11th 1918 he started his day off "going over the top" and indicated that he almost died that day due to gas.  
    He almost died on Armistice Day?  Wow... think about that.  You would be married to someone else.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He almost died on Armistice Day?  Wow... think about that.  You would be married to someone else.  
    weren't there several battles that were fought after that day due to issues communicating the end of the war?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

weren't there several battles that were fought after that day due to issues communicating the end of the war?
    I know there was definitely shelling and fighting on the Armistice Day.  It didn't officially go into place until 11:11 AM (haha, aren't they clever), even though it was signed at dawn.  I don't know if there were battles that were fought, but I'm sure there were skirmishes and the like.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's certainly the most fascinating war in history, based on both the scale, the primal battle of good vs. evil and that it is so well documented.  There's a six or seven part series on WW1 that is really well done though.  You should definitely catch it on Netflix.  WW1 is much more scarce.  And the Ken Burns series on Vietnam is amazing.  
    I will check them out, thanks for the tip.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

My grandfather fought in the trenches of WW1.  Never once mentioned the war.
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.