Donald Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Pretty funny that progressives are cool with stereotyping and name-calling now, and jump on anybody that tries to remind them of the golden rule. 

It's even ok to attack other progressives now, "butthurt Bernie bros"

Good job, you've become what you claim to despise
    Ironic post of the day. 
    How so? Because i realized we are being a bunch of elitists and name-callers?

The fact the whole board hates me now tells me I've hit a live nerve,  and I'm going to keep drilling
    Because you just chastised the whole of progressives for calling right wingers racist, etc.  You really don't see the irony in that post?  If you would couch the phrase with "some progressives" or "certain" or some other qualifier, then you could make the argument.  But without the conditional, you made the same mistake.  I challenge you to find some place in any of my posts where I call all republicans racist, sexist, etc.  If you can make this blanket statement about progressives, surely you can find where I did the same in the litany of posts I have made.  
  • Off topic question quickly. Do the same people that post here all the time expand their online debates outside of a Pearl Jam forum? It has to be boring after a while here, right? 

I don’t have enough time or energy to keep up with the conversations in AMT so I casually read through a lot instead of posting. As a viewer, it’s all quite entertaining
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Pretty funny that progressives are cool with stereotyping and name-calling now, and jump on anybody that tries to remind them of the golden rule. 

Ironic post of the day. 

The fact the whole board hates me now tells me I've hit a live nerve,  and I'm going to keep drilling
     that's not hate. that's indifference. 

that's not drilling. that's trolling.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    CM189191 said:
    my2hands said:
    Meanwhile, hate crimes are up 17% in 2017 while anti-Semitic hate crimes are up 37%. ‘Murica.
    There it is. 

Proof that everyone that doesnt pledge allegiance to the Democratic party is a racist nazi anti-smite sexist pig. Finally the smoking gun, at last. 

Just stop

There's fine people on both sides...right?

Problem is, nazis seems to aligned themselves with one side in particular.
    I do not disagree with that, at all. But i'm pretty sure Nazis voted GOP the last 50 years
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Off topic question quickly. Do the same people that post here all the time expand their online debates outside of a Pearl Jam forum? It has to be boring after a while here, right? 

I don’t have enough time or energy to keep up with the conversations in AMT so I casually read through a lot instead of posting. As a viewer, it’s all quite entertaining
    nope. i came for the music. I stayed for the drama. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ironic post of the day. 

Because you just chastised the whole of progressives for calling right wingers racist, etc.  You really don't see the irony in that post?  If you would couch the phrase with "some progressives" or "certain" or some other qualifier, then you could make the argument.  But without the conditional, you made the same mistake.  I challenge you to find some place in any of my posts where I call all republicans racist, sexist, etc.  If you can make this blanket statement about progressives, surely you can find where I did the same in the litany of posts I have made.  
    Fair point, but yes, generally speaking, you haven't seen the behavior im talking about since 2016? 

And i wanted to say, you have not name-called or stereotyped anywhere near the level of others. Frankly, i honestly think you've been a model for "the resistance" and i have a tremendous amount of respect for you. But, you are a moderate and not exactly a progressive ;)

I love my friends here, on all sides, i just feel comfortable calling out my friends that tend to be on my side of the political spectrum. We have lowered ourselves, and it's not a good look, and it's not effective. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    my2hands said:
    Hypocrisy is thick in these parts today. Must be The impending indictments that has all this lashing out. 
    You obviously forget what team i'm on Watson
     No kidding.  It’s the stupid act of continuing to infer negative things about people when they disagree with you on anything. You are immediately a trump supporter or nazi or racist...etc etc etc
    hippiemom = goodness
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ironic post of the day. 

Fair point, but yes, generally speaking, you haven't seen the behavior im talking about since 2016? 

And i wanted to say, you have not name-called or stereotyped anywhere near the level of others. Frankly, i honestly think you've been a model for "the resistance" and i have a tremendous amount of respect for you. But, you are a moderate and not exactly a progressive ;)

I love my friends here, on all sides, i just feel comfortable calling out my friends that tend to be on my side of the political spectrum. We have lowered ourselves, and it's not a good look, and it's not effective. 
    All good.  Your point is not lost on me.  My 'advice' is that digging into it usually doesn't bring people around to your pov.  I know I make this mistake sometimes myself.  Like at work, sometimes I smell blood and I go in for the kill.  That's not always a good thing.  The point of politics is to convince people of the merit of your positions.  The extremes on both sides have forgotten this very fundamental truth.  
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Tiki said:

Thats my point, I've only really seen negative energy for 2 years in this space
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ironic post of the day. 

The point of politics is to convince people of the merit of your positions.  The extremes on both sides have forgotten this very fundamental truth.  
    This is EXACTLY my point of the past two weeks
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ironic post of the day. 

The point of politics is to convince people of the merit of your positions.  The extremes on both sides have forgotten this very fundamental truth.  
    Then back to the other point, you need positions in order for them to have merit, as wonky as that may seem.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ironic post of the day. 

We can lay most of that on our current Admin. They created a toxic environment that has slowly dragged down the rest of the country. People tried discourse, reason, facts and debate, but it got nowhere, was ridiculed and time and time again was proven to be ineffective. I think people are fed up and tired of trying to convince the other side of anything at this point. If you don't already see it or are willing to ignore the obvious, then why should any of us keep trying to do what is inevitably unsuccessful. Trump and his admin are a toxic stain on this entire country and our history. There is nothing that I am aware of that would change my opinion on that matter. It's laid out bare for all to see.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    From the Onion. This is some very apt satire, lol.

Trump Delivers Touching Tribute To Fallen Heroes Of WWE

WASHINGTON—Praising them in a memorial ceremony for all the sacrifices they had made, President Donald Trump reportedly delivered a touching tribute Tuesday to the fallen heroes of WWE. “Let us never forget how WWE continues to affect all of us, and how these brave men dedicated their lives to wrestling for their country,” said Trump in a 15-minute speech that touched on the entire history of WWE, from the powerful rise of Vince McMahon to some of its most important conflicts, including the hard-fought battles of WrestleMania X, the brutal 2002 Survivor Series, and Hulk Hogan’s pivotal 1984 victory over the Iron Sheik. “As it became clear long ago that we as a nation would need to enter the WWE ring, when we needed them most, these heroes answered the bell. They endured chokeslams, flying elbows, and piledrivers, and many of them courageously laid the smackdown to protect the freedoms of this great nation. From the violent days of Attitude Era to today’s comparative peace, our nation’s courageous fighters served admirably in WWE, and today we salute them.” Trump concluded the tribute by gently placing a ceremonial championship belt at the Tomb Of The Parts Unknown Wrestler.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2018
    Cant find where halifax posted it so i'll address it here....

He posted a link from cnn that hate crimes went up 17% since 2016... so i decided to look at the study itself, instead of the slant CNN wants to apply

Hate crime offenders in 2017 were 50.7% white while representing over 60% of overall population... and 21.3% offenders of hate crimes were black, despite representing 13% of the overall population. So blacks committ a disproportionate amount of national hate crimes, and whites are actually under represented in hate crime occurrences. Trumps fault? I know if a white dude rolled up in certain neighborhoods with a MAGA hat on his health would be in Jeopardy. Hate works both ways. 

I would like to see where the 17% increase comes from, and if it was equally distrubuted or not. 

Shit, i forgot, we are only allowed to demonize white males.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/topic-pages/offenders
    Post edited by my2hands on
    Donald Trump = NEGATIVE.  He has NO redeeming qualities.

He's nuts. Listen to that Jim Acosta exchange.  NUTS.
    edited November 2018
    brianlux said:
    It was so frosty, you could feel this chill in the air....

Is Trump bored or is he thinking, "Donuts... where's  the dooooonuts?"
    He's thinking, "I think it moved." :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Off topic question quickly. Do the same people that post here all the time expand their online debates outside of a Pearl Jam forum? It has to be boring after a while here, right? 

Yes, I do.  You are correct about the boredom...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thank goodness he did end up going:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/world-leaders-mark-wwi-centenary-sombre-paris-ceremony-111051178.html

Paris (AFP) - US President Donald Trump, his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin and dozens of other world leaders joined France's Emmanuel Macron in commemorating the centenary of the end of World War I in a solemn ceremony in Paris on Sunday.

The ceremony at the foot of the Arc de Triomphe war memorial on the Champs-Elysees marked the culmination of events for the 100th anniversary of the end of the four-year onflict which claimed 18 million lives.

Macron led dozens of heads of state and government including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, on foot towards a viewing stand at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier under the Arc de Triopmhe.

Trump and Putin arrived separately from other leaders at the commemorations, which took place in the rain.

Minutes before the start of the ceremony two topless protesters from the radical feminist group Femen attempted to waylay Trump's motorcade as it rolled up the Champs-Elysees. They were immediately overpowered by police.

Putin was one of the last to take his place among the ceremony, on the front row next to Macron's wife Brigitte.

Putin shook hands on arrival with Trump, and Trump also shook hands with Merkel and some of the other leaders placed next to him but pointedly did not extend a hand to Trudeau, whom he disparaged earlier this year as "dishonest and weak".

Over 3,400 people, including veterans of the armed forces of France and its allies, were invited to the ceremony, which began with a rendition of the Marseillaise and a review by Macron of cadets from France's military schools.

He didn't end up going. He skipped the armistice ceremony because of rain, and also attended this. I guess the rain stopped or he knew it was undercover.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

He posted a link from cnn that hate crimes went up 17% since 2016... so i decided to look at the study itself, instead of the slant CNN wants to apply

Hate crime offenders in 2017 were 50.7% white while representing over 60% of overall population... and 21.3% offenders of hate crimes were black, despite representing 13% of the overall population. So blacks committ a disproportionate amount of national hate crimes, and whites are actually under represented in hate crime occurrences. Trumps fault? I know if a white dude rolled up in certain neighborhoods with a MAGA hat on his health would be in Jeopardy. Hate works both ways. 

I would like to see where the 17% increase comes from, and if it was equally distrubuted or not. 

Please point to where I said only white people commit hate crimes. All I said was that meanwhile, hate crimes increased 17% and anti-Semitic hate crimes increased 37%. Nice projection on your part though.

And I linked to a CNN article stating that white nationalists are digging Team Trump Treason. Not the stats that you claimed I did. I just posted the stats, no link.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    my2hands said:

And if you walked around in a jewish neighborhood wearing a swastika you might also be in for some trouble. Imagine that? Words and symbols have meaning. Please though, keep preaching about tolerance for the intolerant. It's all the same. Come together....right now...over me...
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Don't even know where to put this, except the sad state of the country.  Is this guy racist?  Maybe.  Is he a lunatic?  Probably.  Does he deserve to go to jail?  Absolutely.  https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/416455-michigan-man-gets-up-to-10-years-in-prison-for-shooting-at-black
    One must wonder, if a 14  year old white kid came to their door, would it have ended like this?  That seems to stretch credulity a bit.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mrussel1 said:
    Don't even know where to put this, except the sad state of the country.  Is this guy racist?  Maybe.  Is he a lunatic?  Probably.  Does he deserve to go to jail?  Absolutely.  https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/416455-michigan-man-gets-up-to-10-years-in-prison-for-shooting-at-black
    This will happen more and more...just like the black security guard that just got killed when the police showed up.

Pro-NRA mindsets don't jive with situations like these.  The "good guy with a gun" argument is getting destroyed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’ll ask again, since Team Trump Treason’s base is a lost cause, how or what should we call the former Obama supporters, independents and moderate repubs who voted for him, particularly if they continue to support him after these past two years?
    I think you should keep calling them one toothed Cletus white supremest neo-nazis.  That’s definitely a winning strategy for convincing them to consider your point of view and narrow the division.  There is no way a dem could lose with a base using such an eloquent strategy.
    They should consider a not-trump view because it is sane, rational and correct.

Why should you have to lure them out with nice words and hugs? Are you saying they are that dumb?

Nope, as I said, the racist name calling is obviously the best strategy.  I would only call Swedes that think they should have a say in American politics dumb.
    You don't seem to a good job by yourselves in your defacto-banana-republic, so maybe some outside help could be beneficial? In time maybe a term like "gerrymandering" won't need to exist anymore. 
    Maybe you are right, but the last place I’ll look for advice from is a 30 something living with their parents.  Maybe once they get their own lives sorted out, I’ll respect their decision about what “direction” to take.

I still don't understand why you are attacking @mcguff10 all the time. 

He should report you to Kat.
    Meh, i’m good with Mcgruff and his stated reasons for living with his parents briefly.  That being said, and I mean no disrespect to Mcgruff, but I probably wouldn’t have taken financial or marriage advice from him during that time either.  Sounds like he genuinely wanted out of the situation he was in and put forth a lot of effort to get out of it instead of wasting energy whining about another country’s politics as a way of making him feel better about his own ineptitude.  I respect that Mcgruff values independence and self-sufficiency.  Why do you keep trying to drag him down with you?   
    Who else could you be mocking with the "living with their parents"? If not spreading bullshit lies and attacks, that is?
    Just the ones that think they live on such a high ground that they can throw stones at and mock others...from their parent’s house.  No need to take it personally, right? /s
    You're really acting like a creep right now.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    Awful.  They seem racist and crazy.
    hippiemom = goodness
    my2hands said:

mrussel1 said:
    This will happen more and more...just like the black security guard that just got killed when the police showed up.

Pro-NRA mindsets don't jive with situations like these.  The "good guy with a gun" argument is getting destroyed.
    He tripped and the gun discharged... HA!  He should have asked for time to review the footage before making that statement to the court.  Or maybe that was literally the best defense that he had.  
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’ll ask again, since Team Trump Treason’s base is a lost cause, how or what should we call the former Obama supporters, independents and moderate repubs who voted for him, particularly if they continue to support him after these past two years?
    I think you should keep calling them one toothed Cletus white supremest neo-nazis.  That’s definitely a winning strategy for convincing them to consider your point of view and narrow the division.  There is no way a dem could lose with a base using such an eloquent strategy.
    They should consider a not-trump view because it is sane, rational and correct.

Why should you have to lure them out with nice words and hugs? Are you saying they are that dumb?

Nope, as I said, the racist name calling is obviously the best strategy.  I would only call Swedes that think they should have a say in American politics dumb.
    You don't seem to a good job by yourselves in your defacto-banana-republic, so maybe some outside help could be beneficial? In time maybe a term like "gerrymandering" won't need to exist anymore. 
    Maybe you are right, but the last place I’ll look for advice from is a 30 something living with their parents.  Maybe once they get their own lives sorted out, I’ll respect their decision about what “direction” to take.

I still don't understand why you are attacking @mcguff10 all the time. 

He should report you to Kat.
    Meh, i’m good with Mcgruff and his stated reasons for living with his parents briefly.  That being said, and I mean no disrespect to Mcgruff, but I probably wouldn’t have taken financial or marriage advice from him during that time either.  Sounds like he genuinely wanted out of the situation he was in and put forth a lot of effort to get out of it instead of wasting energy whining about another country’s politics as a way of making him feel better about his own ineptitude.  I respect that Mcgruff values independence and self-sufficiency.  Why do you keep trying to drag him down with you?   
    Who else could you be mocking with the "living with their parents"? If not spreading bullshit lies and attacks, that is?
    Just the ones that think they live on such a high ground that they can throw stones at and mock others...from their parent’s house.  No need to take it personally, right? /s
    You're really acting like a creep right now.
    Well, like, thank you for your opinion and stuff.  Weren’t you the one that said you would not date someone living with their parents?  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
This discussion has been closed.