Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• He has yet again made a class A wanker of himself in Europe. The hate for him here is massive. Rodent
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    He has yet again made a class A wanker of himself in Europe. The hate for him here is massive. Rodent
    Same here. But here some people support him sadly.
    Rodents have more class than him.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Is rather be with an animal
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Jeff Daniels says it best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • That was pretty good.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Look at the first post of this very thread
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Look at the first post of this very thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c

Nope.  I don't think I wll...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    and so we've now come full circle on our list every complaint about the USA thread! Nicely done all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • and so we've now come full circle on our list every complaint about the USA thread! Nicely done all.
    This is a complaint thread? I'm just here for the music.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    eddiec said:
    my2hands said:

America is the 3rd largest country on planet earth with about 325 million people living here... below is the list of the 20 most populated countries.... out of the 20 largest countries on planet earth I see only three that I would like to live in... USA, Japan, and Germany... again, we have 200 MILLION more people here than Japan and 4 times the population of Germany... for a country that is so large, with such a diverse population, and a diverse culture, I think we are doing pretty fucking good.... as you can see, the globe can be a shit place and the vast majority of the worlds population lives in questionable countries at best, dare I say "shitholes"... show me a country in the top 9 of population that is doing it better, that you would prefer to live in, Nigeria maybe? how bout India? Bangladesh is hopping! How bout Putin on The Ritz? Canada has 36 million people, which is 3 million less than California alone... Sweden has 9 million and would be only our 12th biggest state, just behind New Jersey lol... Sweden is so white it doesn't even keep track of racial demographics... and now the influx of immigrants has caused a spike in your crime and has charged the politics which hard line right wingers making strides... and Canada has a black population of 2.5% and even less of a Hispanic population... your idea of diversity is white people with different European backgrounds... America has problems, of course, what country of 325 million wouldn't and doesn't? show me a country of 150+ million that is doing it better? some people sure have a guarded and naïve view of the world.... so feel free to continue to point your judgmental stereotyping finger, parrot what the media wants you to believe about this beautiful country, I don't give AF, just don't be upset when I call bullshit. I heard Pakistan is nice in the spring

1China1,379,302,784
    2India1,281,935,872
    3United States326,625,792
    4Indonesia260,580,736
    5Brazil207,353,392
    6Pakistan204,924,864
    7Nigeria190,632,256
    8Bangladesh157,826,576
    9Russia142,257,520
    10Japan126,451,400
    11Mexico124,574,792
    12Ethiopia105,350,016
    13Philippines104,256,080
    14Egypt97,041,072
    15Vietnam96,160,160
    16Congo, Democratic Republic of the83,301,152
    17Iran82,021,568
    18Turkey80,845,216
    19Germany80,594,016
    20Thailand68,414,136

I'm not sure I get the point of this graph. While the US may have a large population, it is actually one of the least dense countries in the world. In fact, it falls near the bottom of the list for population density. So I don't think it's as difficult as you say to manage a country of that population when you have such a huge land mass with bountiful resources.
    I'm from New York and I lived in Manhattan and while it's busy, I never felt people were living on top of each other compared to other countries I've visited. I've been to India- completely different story.
    "We have many people" is just the blanket defense for people not being able to admit that they've grown up in a country that isn't the greatest, most unique country in the world. 

The top 3 defenses are:
    1. We have a bigger population than you, so you can't take our problems into account
    2. We are more diverse than you, so you can't take our problems into account
    3. We have free speech, no other country has free speech. It's unique to the US to be able to say what's on your mind.
    Yo ABBA, who in here said it was "the greatest, most unique" anything? 
    so name calling is ok for you now, I see?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• This place is the definition  of double standards daily. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Are we done playing Neil?

Shit. 
  • Yes. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    so for all you americans that think we canadians hate america or are jealous of america, when we claim we are simply crticizing your current elected administration, did you believe we "hated" your country 2008-2016? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

so for all you americans that think we canadians hate america or are jealous of america, when we claim we are simply crticizing your current elected administration, did you believe we "hated" your country 2008-2016? 
    Absolutely.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Absolutely.
    then your perception is not in line with reality. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Absolutely.
    It’s documented. Not perception. Always has been. Not for everyone but you are kidding yoursef
    if you think it wasn’t.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • so for all you americans that think we canadians hate america or are jealous of america, when we claim we are simply crticizing your current elected administration, did you believe we "hated" your country 2008-2016? 
    Absolutely.
    No
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Absolutely.
    It’s documented. Not perception. Always has been. Not for everyone but you are kidding yoursef
    if you think it wasn’t.
    I just found it was mostly a handful of americans on this board that hated america during the obama years. besides american foreign policy in israel and gun control, but that was aboot it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• so for all you americans that think we canadians hate america or are jealous of america, when we claim we are simply crticizing your current elected administration, did you believe we "hated" your country 2008-2016? 
    Absolutely.
    if you think it wasn’t.
    I just found it was mostly a handful of americans on this board that hated america during the obama years. besides american foreign policy in israel and gun control, but that was aboot it. 
    Great post. And I know nothing aboot  anything.  😉
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Absolutely.
    if you think it wasn’t.
    You are correct, there is plenty of anti American sentiment in Canada.  There are also plenty of Canadians who love America.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Absolutely.
    if you think it wasn’t.
    You are correct, there is plenty of anti American sentiment in Canada.  There are also plenty of Canadians who love America.  
    not where I'm from there isn't. I rarely hear anything anti-american except for trump, which isn't anti-american, it's anti-asshole. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Absolutely.
    if you think it wasn’t.
    not where I'm from there isn't. I rarely hear anything anti-american except for trump, which isn't anti-american, it's anti-asshole. 
    Same.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

Absolutely.
    if you think it wasn’t.
    Hey Cincy and Meltdown, can you give me examples of what shows documented proof that Canadians are anti-american?  Is in the citizen or the government that you think is anti-amrican cause I don't see it.  Canadians travel to american all the time, when 911 happen it was canada that opened their homes to people who were stuck in the air from American.  we are right beside you in the war in the middle east. 

I personally don't think raises issues that we see in America, as being anti American, just like when Americans raise issues about Canada is not being anti-canadians. 
    disliking a country is such a stupid idea to me anyway. how can you dislike a land mass? I dislike america's current admin, and I think their gun laws and lack of action on the atrocities are dispicable, but again, that's on lawmakers. I don't dislike the people. I dislike many canadians. I dislike many canadian government administrations. does that make this canadian anti-canadian? that's preposterous. 

I have travelled all over the US over the years. it's a beautiful place with many awesome people who are super welcoming and generous to visitors. I dislike shitty humans, I don't identify assholes by their citizenship. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Great post 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    edited November 2018
    Absolutely.
    if you think it wasn’t.
    Same.
    I almost agree. I mean, yes, it's mostly anti-Trump or generally anti-American government stuff, for sure. There is some trashing of American citizens, but not in a general sense. It's directed at those who like to restrict people's rights because they're Bible thumpers, or are Trumpsters, or gun fanatics, or are greedy rich fat cats who are ruining society, or are bigots, etc etc etc. I think literally everyone still likes and admires a whole lot of things about America too, including a huge portion of the general population, who we all know are good people. And everyone is certainly very, very concerned and caring when it comes to disasters than befall Americans.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SHE'S CHOPPAH BROCOOLAH
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.