ISO Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon

1171819202123»

Comments

• DavidD said:
    They actually say adding a drop or two of water to your drink helps open up the flavours. 
    i noticed it the first time i had bookers bourbon. At 127.8 proof it’s a peppery drink.
    I added two small drops of water to my dram and oh man, how nicely it opens up the whiskey. Still peppery but it opens up the sweeter tones and even out the flavours. 
    But like I said before it all depends on what my taste buds are craving. 

Anything unfiltered and getting high in the proof% they say you should add a few drops.

Now what about heat?  Cognac gets better when it's warmer, wine gets worse.

Some people like cubes in their bourbon/whiskey.

How are you having it?
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    I drink my whiskey, cognac, brandy and rums neat. I would sometimes use the metal ice balls but room temp is the best for me. There are some grappas I keep in the freezer, and there are a few that are better warm. All up to the drinker and what they like at the end of the day. 
  • I just joined a Bourbon group on FB and it is a secondary market group.

People are paying insane amounts for bourbon...
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    I just joined a Bourbon group on FB and it is a secondary market group.

Yeah.  I saw your post (be advised, if you post and you aren't selling/trading you run the risk of a parade of thread-shitters).  The secondary market is fucked up just like the PJ merch market.  
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...

Yeah.  I saw your post (be advised, if you post and you aren't selling/trading you run the risk of a parade of thread-shitters).  The secondary market is fucked up just like the PJ merch market.  
    Dude...Does anybody drink it anymore or it's all about reselling?

Crazy...
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

Crazy...
    I’m not in any FB groups, but I have a friend who’s pretty involved in the buy/sell/trade side of things, and the prices I hear are mind-blowing.  It will eventually level off. The demand outweighs the supply by a mile in recent years and you can’t produce more bourbon overnight. I’m sure supply will catch up in due time and prices will drop. I’m glad my only interest is to drink it.  It’s like any limited supply, collectible item.  PJ merch certainly to mind...
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    I could never pay over retail for a bottle. So manny nice bourbons out there for reasonable prices. I’ll just keep trying my luck with the draws and hope to land some tasty stuff. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    DavidD said:
    I could never pay over retail for a bottle. So manny nice bourbons out there for reasonable prices. I’ll just keep trying my luck with the draws and hope to land some tasty stuff. 
    Agreed. I’ll gladly pay retail for the most sought after bourbons, but no more than that. Plenty of great options at reasonable (retail) prices out there. 
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989

Crazy...
    Unfortunately, I believe it is pretty close to 50/50 (at least when it comes to the harder-to-find stuff - which can be any bourbon depending on where you are).  I hear people talking secondary pricing when I am in stores and at bourbon lottos - "man, I can buy that bottle for $100 and sell it for $500"...  Frustrating.
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...

Crazy...
    Unfortunately, I believe it is pretty close to 50/50 (at least when it comes to the harder-to-find stuff - which can be any bourbon depending on where you are).  I hear people talking secondary pricing when I am in stores and at bourbon lottos - "man, I can buy that bottle for $100 and sell it for $500"...  Frustrating.
    Yeah I knew the Pappy stuff was expensive.  I traded my 20yo for some good stuff.  But the 10yo goes for $500 and that Stagg bottle goes for $500 too! Holy Shit!!!

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Happy Thanksgiving...

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Goose Island bourbon county?
  • No Weller 12?
  • Goose Island bourbon county?
    That's Friday my man.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    No Weller 12?

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    No Weller 12?

Is that in your house, or in your local store?  I’ll take 1 of each.  Pm me for PayPal instructions.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • No Weller 12?

Oh hot damn!!!  Now we are talking!!!
This discussion has been closed.