Dinosaur Jr. + J Mascis

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Just got home from Dinosaur Jr in Grand Rapids. It was the third time I've seen them in the last year. These guys are fucking awesome!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    dudeman said:
    Just got home from Dinosaur Jr in Grand Rapids. It was the third time I've seen them in the last year. These guys are fucking awesome!
    Great!  I love hearing about their shows because my ears are so trashed I will likely never got to see them live.  I have the two live DVDs and always watch for stuff on YouTube but of course it's not the same as being there. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

It's quite an experience. I wouldn't consider not wearing hearing protection though.

We were on the rail in front of Lou this time. Permanent hearing damage is a real possibility at that point.
    dudeman said:
    It's quite an experience. I wouldn't consider not wearing hearing protection though.

We were on the rail in front of Lou this time. Permanent hearing damage is a real possibility at that point.
    I hear that!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

New single from J's upcoming album.  So stoked!  Cant' wait for this to arrive!

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I'm going to the Dinosaur Jr. show tonight in Hamden, CT and am very excited.  I love seeing this band.  
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Yefa said:
    I'm going to the Dinosaur Jr. show tonight in Hamden, CT and am very excited.  I love seeing this band.  
    Fantastic, Yefa  !   Would love to hear how it goes!

Full Grand Rapids show is on YouTube. Good sound quality and killer performance.
    dudeman said:
    Full Grand Rapids show is on YouTube. Good sound quality and killer performance.
    Awesome!  Watching it right now here.  Nice steady camera, great sound.  Damn I love this band!

The encores are a separate video but worth watching if you like old school hardcore.

Pay special attention to the crowd!
    New album tomorrow!
    dudeman said:
    New album tomorrow!
    I pre-ordered Elastic Days what seems like ages ago. At last, it's almost here!

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    brianlux said:
    dudeman said:
    New album tomorrow!
    Sounds great on vinyl!  Just finished my first listen.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    He's such a great guitarist. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    brianlux said:
    dudeman said:
    New album tomorrow!
    Sounds great on vinyl!  Just finished my first listen.
    Nice! Did you get the "Loser Edition" colored LP?

I'm only halfway through the CD. Sounds great so far.
    yep, loser edition.
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Still waiting for the pre-order to arrive.  Can't wait to play the LP and wear the t-shirt!

Just finished.

J is incredible. A true master of his craft.
    dudeman said:
    Just finished.

Yes!  One of the very best!

brianlux said:
    dudeman said:
    Just finished.

Yes!  One of the very best!
    Agreed, on all accounts! 
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    I REALLY wanted J's new album to show up today. Not here yet.  Rats!  Oh well, plenty of Dino to listen to in the mean time.  :smile:

Just arrived today:
    plus sticker!

SWEET!

brianlux said:
    Just arrived today:
    plus sticker!

SWEET!
    Nice! What do you think, Brian?
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    J’s new album is really great. Been spinning it non stop all week. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

dudeman said:
    brianlux said:
    Just arrived today:
    plus sticker!

SWEET!
    Nice! What do you think, Brian?

RS151862 said:
    J’s new album is really great. Been spinning it non stop all week. 
    Yeah, love it!  "Everything She Said" is my favorite song off the album so far.

Not sure what to make of the video for elastic days.  Thoughts?

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    I Went Dust and Sometimes are my two favorites right now. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

Just got home from seeing J. Absolutely in awe of that guy. He is like Hendrix in a lot of ways. Even solo and acoustic, he'll melt your fucking face off.

It was loud, but not Dinosaur Jr LOUD!

What an opportunity to see him in a small, intimate club. I'll be grinning for days after this one.
    dudeman said:
    Just got home from seeing J. Absolutely in awe of that guy. He is like Hendrix in a lot of ways. Even solo and acoustic, he'll melt your fucking face off.

It was loud, but not Dinosaur Jr LOUD!

What an opportunity to see him in a small, intimate club. I'll be grinning for days after this one.
    That's great!  Glad you got to go!

I would love to see some high quality video (especially on DVD) of some of J's live stuff.