Did you vote, yet?

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Sinema takes the lead in Arizona!  Still 20% to count.  

I was just gonna post that.

Also a Dem just won Newt Gingrich's old seat. 

And it looks like 3 Florida races are going to recounts - Senate, Agriculture Secretary and with tightening of the polls, Governor will probably hit the 5/10 difference to initiate a recount. 

Dems are poised to pick up 35 - 40 seats in the House. 
    Looks her lead is expanding.  When I noticed it at 7PM it was 2k votes.  Now it's 9k.  The absentees are being counted and she's doing very well.  
    And you're right, the FL senate has tightened.  I think at this level, it's auto-recount.  

But hey, Trump had a great night and I just learned on the other thread that the Democrats are neo-elitist something or other that no one likes. 
    neo-liberalism and coastal elites - but no name calling!!! :

The Senate was 5/10 Tuesday night or early morning (I hardly slept) but Gillum had conceded in the Governor's race and it was at 6/10. The numbers have tightened cause it was stuck at 99% till today and it looks like the concession may have been early and it's heading to 5/10 and auto recount. I so want DeSantis to NOT be Governor. He is such a suck up.
    Oh wahwahwah. You all have become such a circle jerk of judging and whining about being judged.
    What in the world did you mean.  Where is said circle jerk of whining?
    Check here:

http://community.pearljam.com/categories/a-moving-train

hippiemom = goodness
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

And it looks like 3 Florida races are going to recounts - Senate, Agriculture Secretary and with tightening of the polls, Governor will probably hit the 5/10 difference to initiate a recount. 

Looks her lead is expanding.  When I noticed it at 7PM it was 2k votes.  Now it's 9k.  The absentees are being counted and she's doing very well.  
    And you're right, the FL senate has tightened.  I think at this level, it's auto-recount.  

But hey, Trump had a great night and I just learned on the other thread that the Democrats are neo-elitist something or other that no one likes. 

The Senate was 5/10 Tuesday night or early morning (I hardly slept) but Gillum had conceded in the Governor's race and it was at 6/10. The numbers have tightened cause it was stuck at 99% till today and it looks like the concession may have been early and it's heading to 5/10 and auto recount. I so want DeSantis to NOT be Governor. He is such a suck up.
    Oh wahwahwah. You all have become such a circle jerk of judging and whining about being judged.
    Check here:

I don't believe I'm whining.  Are you?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

Check here:

Is that a link to your profile?

;)
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

Check here:

;)
    That was a solid joke!
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

Check here:

Nope. Thanks for asking.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Disposable heroes of hypocrisy.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

Check here:

Nope. Thanks for asking.
    Then your joke is very confusing.  Still trying to figure out why you quoted NJ Nancy when you made that statement. 
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

Check here:

;)
    That was a solid joke!
     B)

Glad you took it as such.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

Check here:

I know that my stop on the AMT is just before Circle Jerk, so I'll be disembarking. FWIW - I don't think you're whining. I'm tired but not currently whining. 
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:

Check here:

;)
    That was a solid joke!
     B)

Glad you took it as such.
    Nicely done, both of you.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    35 to 40 seat flip construes a Wave 🌊 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    LOL, this was a ripple, nothing more.  

unsung said:

lol yeah ok and we don’t need gun reform...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

chinese-happy.jpg
    unsung said:

If I say it, it must be so...
    Dana Roharbacher... Done.  The man who is paid by Putin shall not be paid any longer.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

If I say it, it must be so...
    If there's no meme it didn't happen 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    Dana Roharbacher... Done.  The man who is paid by Putin shall not be paid any longer.
    But now he'll get either a cabinet  position or a 2 hour daily slot on rupert murdochs state run tv
    The late, great.....

njnancy said:
    The late, great.....

Yes, Tim was the best.  
    Unfortunately, FL and OH are red but VA and CO are blue.  All used to be swing states but perhaps no more.   I know FL isn't decided yet and Nelson may pull the rabbit, but it should not need to be pulled.  
    mrussel1 said:
    But now he'll get either a cabinet  position or a 2 hour daily slot on rupert murdochs state run tv
    Don't forget RTV and Sputnik.  There are offers on the table for an apologist.  
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    The late, great.....

Yes, Tim was the best.  
    Unfortunately, FL and OH are red but VA and CO are blue.  All used to be swing states but perhaps no more.   I know FL isn't decided yet and Nelson may pull the rabbit, but it should not need to be pulled.  
    Governor's race has dropped below half a point, auto recount. Scott is claiming rigged election. Those liberals in Broward County are 'finding' votes. They love a representative democracy, until they don't control the representation.
  • Roharbacher might find himself being indicted, talking about other indictments to drop. Haven’t heard much from Reince “Ain’t a Prince” Preibus these days. I wonder why?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    The late, great.....

Yes, Tim was the best.  
    Governor's race has dropped below half a point, auto recount. Scott is claiming rigged election. Those liberals in Broward County are 'finding' votes. They love a representative democracy, until they don't. 
    I mean really, what the hell is wrong with Florida? It's been 20 years and they still can't run an election or provide adequate polling to their districts. Florida really is a disaster between this and all the bigger mass shooters that occur there.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    The late, great.....

Yes, Tim was the best.  
    Governor's race has dropped below half a point, auto recount. Scott is claiming rigged election. Those liberals in Broward County are 'finding' votes. They love a representative democracy, until they don't. 
    I mean really, what the hell is wrong with Florida? It's been 20 years and they still can't run an election or provide adequate polling to their districts. Florida really is a disaster between this and all the bigger mass shooters that occur there.
    The state is just a cluster of fucked upness.  I actually voted in FL in 2000 with the infamous "butterfly" ballot.  It was absolutely confusing.  They just can't seem to do anything right.  The population is just a hodgepodge of completely different people.  There is no continuity from region, to county or even city.  

Three days later: Hey, Republicans really did get clobbered

It turns out the 2018 midterm elections were pretty much a rout. Counting all the votes makes all the difference in the world.

In the House, as of this writing, the Democratic gains are up to 30 with about five more races still to be called — in which Democrats are leading. A gain of 35 seats would be the largest House pickup for Democrats since the first post-Watergate midterm election in 1974.

The Democrats picked up seven governorships, with Stacey Abrams, as of now, still fighting to make it to a runoff in Georgia, and Andrew Gillum trailing by 0.4 percentage points, enough to trigger a recount in Florida.

In the Senate, Democrats may not quite have pulled off an inside straight, but they had two aces — in Nevada and Arizona. With 26 seats to defend, many in red states, it now looks as if their losses will be small. Democrats won in Nevada and are now poised to pick up a seat in Arizona. In the latter, Rep. Krysten Sinema surged into the lead as additional Maricopa County ballots were counted.)

Meanwhile, Democrats have an outside chance to hold on to Florida. There, Republican Gov. Rick Scott leads by only 0.2 percentage points over Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson. If Sinema and Nelson win, Republicans, in a year with the most favorable map in recent history, would pick up only a net of one seat (52 to 48); if Sinema wins but Nelson doesn’t, Republicans would only eke out a net gain of two seats (53 to 47). That’s simply remarkable considering they had to defend incumbents in the following in states President Trump won, in some cases by double digits: Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Montana, Florida, Michigan, Missouri, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and North Dakota. As conservative Quin Hillyer put it, one would reasonably expect “Republicans on this map, in this economy . . .  [to gain] at least five seats, with six or seven more likely than three or four.”

Simply because Trump did not see all these losses on Election Night does not make them any less real or consequential for Republicans. Put differently, outside the deepest-red enclaves Republicans took a beating up and down the ballot.

Remember, states also passed ballot initiatives to raise the minimum wage, to expand voting access and to legalize marijuana; you have to wonder whether Trump and his ilk realize they are in retreat politically and policy-wise.

If you then turn to exit polls, voters said by big margins: they disapprove of Trump (54 percent to 45 percent ); regard the GOP unfavorably (52 percent to 44 percent); think the country is on the wrong track (54 percent to 42 percent), thought Trump’s immigration policies were too harsh (46 percent, with 33 percent saying they were about right and 17 saying not tough enough); favor tougher gun laws (59 percent to 37 percent); think his foreign policy makes the country less safe (46 percent to 38 percent); disapprove of Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh (47 percent to 44 percent); want to uphold Roe v. Wade (66 percent to 25 percent); think it is somewhat or very important to elect more minorities (72 percent to 24 percent) and somewhat or very important to elect more women (78 percent to 20 percent); think sexual harassment is a big problem (84 percent to 14 percent); and are more concerned about people being denied the right to vote than voter fraud (53 percent to 36 percent).

It drives Trump’s critics to distraction to watch him dominate every news cycle and repeat lies that have long since been debunked. They should be upset ; the president’s lies, racism, meanness and ignorance debase the presidency. However, Trump’s not helping himself or his party. To the contrary, Democrats just had an extremely successful election and are winning most major policy debates. They should send him a nice fruit basket or something for the holidays.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/11/09/three-days-later-hey-republicans-really-did-get-clobbered/?utm_term=.d3c5041d3161

Blue ripple...
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dignin said:

It turns out the 2018 midterm elections were pretty much a rout. Counting all the votes makes all the difference in the world.

In the House, as of this writing, the Democratic gains are up to 30 with about five more races still to be called — in which Democrats are leading. A gain of 35 seats would be the largest House pickup for Democrats since the first post-Watergate midterm election in 1974.

The Democrats picked up seven governorships, with Stacey Abrams, as of now, still fighting to make it to a runoff in Georgia, and Andrew Gillum trailing by 0.4 percentage points, enough to trigger a recount in Florida.

In the Senate, Democrats may not quite have pulled off an inside straight, but they had two aces — in Nevada and Arizona. With 26 seats to defend, many in red states, it now looks as if their losses will be small. Democrats won in Nevada and are now poised to pick up a seat in Arizona. In the latter, Rep. Krysten Sinema surged into the lead as additional Maricopa County ballots were counted.)

Meanwhile, Democrats have an outside chance to hold on to Florida. There, Republican Gov. Rick Scott leads by only 0.2 percentage points over Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson. If Sinema and Nelson win, Republicans, in a year with the most favorable map in recent history, would pick up only a net of one seat (52 to 48); if Sinema wins but Nelson doesn’t, Republicans would only eke out a net gain of two seats (53 to 47). That’s simply remarkable considering they had to defend incumbents in the following in states President Trump won, in some cases by double digits: Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Montana, Florida, Michigan, Missouri, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and North Dakota. As conservative Quin Hillyer put it, one would reasonably expect “Republicans on this map, in this economy . . .  [to gain] at least five seats, with six or seven more likely than three or four.”

Simply because Trump did not see all these losses on Election Night does not make them any less real or consequential for Republicans. Put differently, outside the deepest-red enclaves Republicans took a beating up and down the ballot.

Remember, states also passed ballot initiatives to raise the minimum wage, to expand voting access and to legalize marijuana; you have to wonder whether Trump and his ilk realize they are in retreat politically and policy-wise.

If you then turn to exit polls, voters said by big margins: they disapprove of Trump (54 percent to 45 percent ); regard the GOP unfavorably (52 percent to 44 percent); think the country is on the wrong track (54 percent to 42 percent), thought Trump’s immigration policies were too harsh (46 percent, with 33 percent saying they were about right and 17 saying not tough enough); favor tougher gun laws (59 percent to 37 percent); think his foreign policy makes the country less safe (46 percent to 38 percent); disapprove of Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh (47 percent to 44 percent); want to uphold Roe v. Wade (66 percent to 25 percent); think it is somewhat or very important to elect more minorities (72 percent to 24 percent) and somewhat or very important to elect more women (78 percent to 20 percent); think sexual harassment is a big problem (84 percent to 14 percent); and are more concerned about people being denied the right to vote than voter fraud (53 percent to 36 percent).

It drives Trump’s critics to distraction to watch him dominate every news cycle and repeat lies that have long since been debunked. They should be upset ; the president’s lies, racism, meanness and ignorance debase the presidency. However, Trump’s not helping himself or his party. To the contrary, Democrats just had an extremely successful election and are winning most major policy debates. They should send him a nice fruit basket or something for the holidays.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/11/09/three-days-later-hey-republicans-really-did-get-clobbered/?utm_term=.d3c5041d3161

Blue ripple...
    Wasn’t someone saying just a couple of days ago that no one actually cares about racism, sexism, and LGBTQ rights? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    dignin said:

Blue ripple...
    Maybe Unsung only swimms in really big big oceans since he still thinks this was a ripple lol ...
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    edited November 2018
    I think the whole "blue wave" discussion go so ramped up that the expectations became very big...and then early in the evening, the Dems lost a couple of House elections and suddenly it looked like taking the House was not a done deal.  After that it felt like the Dems sort of limped across the finish line.  In reality it was a win for the Dems, but I don't think it was a huge win.  To whatever degree this was a referendum on Trump, it was a tight one.  It was not a loud repudiation of Trump and all he stands for.  And fewer seats turned to the opposite party than for any of the last several presidents after their year-twos. 

I guess I didn't realize some people thought the Senate going blue was in play.  It was just set up so terribly with the Dems playing defense, that it wasn't going to happen.  And while I think some were hoping for a few more House flips, anyone who thought the Dems were going to have a 100-seat advantage was just kidding themselves.

Trump is what he is.  The GOP is what Trump is.  And while getting the House majority was the key, for the future, Trumpism is our guide, until something changes. 
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    I think the whole "blue wave" discussion go so ramped up that the expectations became very big...and then early in the evening, the Dems lost a couple of House elections and suddenly it looked like taking the House was not a done deal.  After that it felt like the Dems sort of limped across the finish line.  In reality it was a win for the Dems, but I don't think it was a huge win.  To whatever degree this was a referendum on Trump, it was a tight one.  It was not a loud repudiation of Trump and all he stands for.  And fewer seats turned to the opposite party than for any of the last several presidents after their year-twos. 

I guess I didn't realize some people thought the Senate going blue was in play.  It was just set up so terribly with the Dems playing defense, that it wasn't going to happen.  And while I think some were hoping for a few more House flips, anyone who thought the Dems were going to have a 100-seat advantage was just kidding themselves.

Trump is what he is.  The GOP is what Trump is.  And while getting the House majority was the key, for the future, Trumpism is our guide, until something changes. 
    What you didn't read the Article above lol it certainly was a big wave heck they might come close to flipping 40 seats ....