The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    West coast bullsh*t, corrupting the Midwest 
    You are opposed to legalization.  Why?  It's far safer than alcohol and tobacco, both legal products.
    I do not want children getting a hold of it.  This will definitely make weed more accessible.  I used to steal cigarettes and alcohol from my parents as a teen, didn’t you?
    That's ridiculous, of course. It will not make weed more accessible. It is already accessible to any kid who wants it. In fact, most kids have an easier time getting weed than alcohol, since they have to find an adult to buy it for them, or have to steal it. Right now a kid can just get it from another kid who's dealing. And with legalization, it really negatively impacts the black market, making the legit market the place to get it, which makes it much more difficult for kids. But either way, kids will get it. What this does is to stop putting adults in jail or giving them a criminal record for doing something that is no more harmful (and probably less harmful) than alcohol or cigarettes. It sounds like you've watched Reefer Madness a few too many times. BTW, that movie isn't a documentary.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    hedonist said:
    I was able to get weed in the late 70s.  When there's a will...

As to your assessment of it being corrupt, so be it.  I know many who see / live it differently, for a variety of reasons.
    You are right.  When I was in school everyone knew who was selling pot.  It's no different today, I worked in maintenance at a school, the teachers knew who was selling. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Hi! said:
    Tonight I will celebrate by smoking a nice bowl of some Tangerine Dream topped with a little piece of cured resin while listening to Sirens on repeat.
    Enjoy.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    rgambs said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Are you even allowed to grow in your condo if you wanted to? Here renters and stratas are allowed to ban home growing because of the potential damage it can do to the units, and/or because of fire hazards with grow lights.
    Very good points.  Here in Ontario rental companies have been banning smoking and vaping within a rental unit and on their property.  The smoking I understand, the vaping makes no sense.  I'm not even sure about smoking.  
    Fortunately, we own our place and doubt smoking would ever be banned in our building.  For growing, I've only seen that illegal or hazardous plants aren't allowed, so we're in the clear!  Not sure I'm up for the hassle, cost and now risk (?!) associated with it.
    Growing indoors can cause mould issues.  
    On a commercial scale it's an issue, but a personal grow shouldn't have any problems with mold. 
    You seem to know a little about growing?  So 4 or 5 plants should not cause mould (I noticed some critiqued my spelling of mould, I am Canadian, it is spelled like that here) in my house?  What's the best way to control smell?  I'm just deciding between outdoors or indoors.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Get yourself a handbook.
    I'm not trying to blow you off, it's just that even my longest post would be a tiny drop in the bucket.  There's a ton to consider.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    You are opposed to legalization.  Why?  It's far safer than alcohol and tobacco, both legal products.
    I do not want children getting a hold of it.  This will definitely make weed more accessible.  I used to steal cigarettes and alcohol from my parents as a teen, didn’t you?
    I think you are getting worked up over nothing.
    Think it through...
    The early-bird special starts at, what, 4? 
    So by the time the kids are off school and terrorising the world with their reefer madness you will already be tucked in under your shawl watching Touched by an Angel on VHS!
    See, not so bad.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:
    I think you are getting worked up over nothing.
    Think it through...
    The early-bird special starts at, what, 4? 
    So by the time the kids are off school and terrorising the world with their reefer madness you will already be tucked in under your shawl watching Touched by an Angel on VHS!
    See, not so bad.
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

rgambs said:
    Get yourself a handbook.
    I'm not trying to blow you off, it's just that even my longest post would be a tiny drop in the bucket.  There's a ton to consider.
    True.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    When does a human beings brain become fully developed? About 25 - 30 years old.  I’ll think I’ll modify/alter my brain for 5-10 years while it’s still developing.  Smart.
    When does a human beings brain become fully developed? About 25 - 30 years old.  I’ll think I’ll modify/alter my brain for 5-10 years while it’s still developing.  Smart.
    the effects of alcohol are way worse.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'd be more concerned about the amount of diabetes that they are finding in young people these days.   
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I'd be more concerned about the amount of diabetes that they are finding in young people these days.   
    It is reaching epidemic proportions- I agree
    I have a feeling people will be smoking more than they previously did.  Therefore, increasing the damage to their brains.  In essence, this could be a way to dumb down society even more....
    I have a feeling people will be smoking more than they previously did.  Therefore, increasing the damage to their brains.  In essence, this could be a way to dumb down society even more....
    no, they won't. now it's just a safer way for current smokers to consume. will some people try it now that it's legal? a few may, but not many. . weed is so prevalent in society now, if they were at a party there was weed there to try. if they only didn't try it because it was illegal? that would be an incredibly insignificant portion of the population that only didn't do it because the government told them they couldn't. 

I've been smoking since I was 14, on and off. I keep some in the house, but don't smoke a bunch (honestly, 1 gram can last me weeks). now that it's legal? same thing. I bought one gram a month ago and I still have a lot. I'm thinking most people's habits won't change. Just like the nation didn't all become alcoholics when prohibition was repealed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Alcohol consumption didn’t go up who prohibition went away? 
    Alcohol consumption didn’t go up who prohibition went away? 
    it probably went up, but the nation didn't go belly up in a sea of booze and puke when it happened. weed is a different animal. either you are a smoker or you are not. it has been pretty widely acceptable to consume out in the open (parties, concerts, etc), not just in your basement with 2 of your friends watching The Big Lebowski. if you aren't a smoker now, you most likely won't be just because it's legal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018

rgambs said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Are you even allowed to grow in your condo if you wanted to? Here renters and stratas are allowed to ban home growing because of the potential damage it can do to the units, and/or because of fire hazards with grow lights.
    Very good points.  Here in Ontario rental companies have been banning smoking and vaping within a rental unit and on their property.  The smoking I understand, the vaping makes no sense.  I'm not even sure about smoking.  
    Fortunately, we own our place and doubt smoking would ever be banned in our building.  For growing, I've only seen that illegal or hazardous plants aren't allowed, so we're in the clear!  Not sure I'm up for the hassle, cost and now risk (?!) associated with it.
    Growing indoors can cause mould issues.  
    On a commercial scale it's an issue, but a personal grow shouldn't have any problems with mold. 
    That's not true. I've personally known people who created terrible mold issues with only a few plants.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    no, they won't. now it's just a safer way for current smokers to consume. will some people try it now that it's legal? a few may, but not many. . weed is so prevalent in society now, if they were at a party there was weed there to try. if they only didn't try it because it was illegal? that would be an incredibly insignificant portion of the population that only didn't do it because the government told them they couldn't. 

I've been smoking since I was 14, on and off. I keep some in the house, but don't smoke a bunch (honestly, 1 gram can last me weeks). now that it's legal? same thing. I bought one gram a month ago and I still have a lot. I'm thinking most people's habits won't change. Just like the nation didn't all become alcoholics when prohibition was repealed. 
    I'm prescribed five grams a day.  I'd never been able to afford 5 grams a day. LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Legalization is actually proven to do the exact opposite of what you're worried about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I disagree with you in regard to usuage not increasing, but the lone bright-spot in legalization might be, reduced need for opioids.  I fully support the use of medical marijuana. 
    I look forward to the day we do not have to have these debates.  Only research and time will prove which side is right.  I'm willing to bet the research will back up what people are saying, it helps with so many issues.  When you think about it, researchers should have tons of data they can access now and unlike like pharmaceuticals which test on animal, Cannabis researchers can get there data first hand from people.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    My father and uncles are old school type, anti-Cannabis.  Well, my one uncle was very anti-Cannabis, 6 years ago his wife got terminal cancer, the medical professionals gave her a year to live, her doctor prescribed her Cannabis, she lived for 6 years, in those 6 years she was never hospitalized once, continued to volunteer and was in attendance in Church a week before she passed.  My Uncle is now 100% in the cannabis corner now.  No doubt in his mind that Cannabis gave his wife more time ... and most of it was quality time.   
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

I disagree with you in regard to usuage not increasing, but the lone bright-spot in legalization might be, reduced need for opioids.  I fully support the use of medical marijuana. 
    What's the differance? You can get a Medical card in Michigan so easily. If you have a hundred dollars you are guaranteed.

I had a tooth ache when i was ten.

Heres your card!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Lol

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Hi! said:

Lol
    Some people apparently think cannabis is more dangerous than guns. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Growing four pot plants inside is still enough to wreck your house, realtors warn

https://business.financialpost.com/cannabis/four-pot-plants-can-still-wreck-your-house-canada-realtors-warn

I have a cousin who grows his own.  He says as little 4-5 plants can cause mould, he says "grow indoor at your own risk"...it is far best to grow outdoors if you have the room.  He also said to beware, home inspectors are trained to spot homes that might have had Cannabis grown there...home inspections are not a problem here, no one gets them done at the moment...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Not cool....
    Yeah your not , get out of the cave you live in it’s 2018 not 1950 and guess what we ain’t going back ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....