Collectionzz: DO THE EVOLUTION MYSTERY BOX EVENT - Wed, Oct. 17 @ 2PM EST

13»

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    I’m surprised the mods let stuff like this get posted.  Is this any different than the Facebook waffles?  Someone is making a lot of money off this.  
    on2legs said:
    I’m surprised the mods let stuff like this get posted.  Is this any different than the Facebook waffles?  Someone is making a lot of money off this.  
    I can only think that as like the waffles, there is no requirement to take part. Its something fun and interesting for those who can afford the gamble. The odds are known at the start, and the prize list is there. Lets be honest the Tenclub have offered similar things, admittedly at a far lower buy in cost - and I guess that is the difference in that ten club only asked for the price of a print at retail to enter. That said they are able to do that given they produce this stuff, or have it produced, so a site like Collectionzz who pay top dollar to buy in the stock to run these simply cannot afford to do it on those terms. 

I am not at all a gambler and learned years ago that even at the cost of retail priced buy ins, the chance of getting something awesome was so slight it wasnt worth the money - when factoring in customs and oversees delivery. However  they are certainly fun to watch as they unfold

I totally understand that it’s voluntary.  But they don’t allow people to post waffles from Facebook here so I’m kind of surprised that they allow their contests to be posted here. 
    Again, it's not a contest or a "waffle".  It's a mystery SALE.  Two totally different things.
    Yeah... kind of agree with you that it’s not exactly the same as a waffle although it kind of is a contest because your rolling the dice that you end up with a great poster. 

But I’m wondering if there this a break even event for Collectionzz or does someone end up with a profit.  Because it would seem to be bumping into the board rule about not running a side business here.  I know that wedsite has some very savvy business people running it and maybe it’s not for profit.  Maybe someone here can shed some more light on it. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• If anyone want to part with something from the Do the Evolution video production, I'm interested. Working in animation, I'd like something from the music video hung on my wall.
    @sak300zx

• SJD3232 said:
    ISO that CIncy 03 record player.

It's kind of spendy but maybe we can work something out?
    Nah
    I know but I'm still going to ask, lol!
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    on2legs said:
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I can only think that as like the waffles, there is no requirement to take part. Its something fun and interesting for those who can afford the gamble. The odds are known at the start, and the prize list is there. Lets be honest the Tenclub have offered similar things, admittedly at a far lower buy in cost - and I guess that is the difference in that ten club only asked for the price of a print at retail to enter. That said they are able to do that given they produce this stuff, or have it produced, so a site like Collectionzz who pay top dollar to buy in the stock to run these simply cannot afford to do it on those terms. 

I am not at all a gambler and learned years ago that even at the cost of retail priced buy ins, the chance of getting something awesome was so slight it wasnt worth the money - when factoring in customs and oversees delivery. However  they are certainly fun to watch as they unfold

I totally understand that it’s voluntary.  But they don’t allow people to post waffles from Facebook here so I’m kind of surprised that they allow their contests to be posted here. 
    Again, it's not a contest or a "waffle".  It's a mystery SALE.  Two totally different things.
    Yeah... kind of agree with you that it’s not exactly the same as a waffle although it kind of is a contest because your rolling the dice that you end up with a great poster. 

But I’m wondering if there this a break even event for Collectionzz or does someone end up with a profit.  Because it would seem to be bumping into the board rule about not running a side business here.  I know that wedsite has some very savvy business people running it and maybe it’s not for profit.  Maybe someone here can shed some more light on it. 

No way they aren’t making money. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • on2legs said:
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Does it really matter? It’s a fun event, let’s just leave it at that. If the mods cared they would have shut it down a while ago
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • aarmorrowaarmorrow Posts: 2
    edited November 2018
    \.
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 385
    on2legs said:
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Does it really matter? It’s a fun event, let’s just leave it at that. If the mods cared they would have shut it down a while ago
    I think mods did shut down two threads on the mystery poster sale.  Originally someone posted a thread in Porch and one in Lost Dogs announcing the mystery tube sale.  I think they were up for less than a day.  Later on, the discussion seems to have migrated to a related thread that survived mod censors.  I hope this doesn't get shut now though.  I want to see what people landed!!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    on2legs said:
    pdalowsky said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I understand what you are saying but i guess this isnt a contest so to speak, and you are buying a poster on a mystery basis. Thats maybe the difference.   
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I don’t participate in, or know much about waffles, but if 20 people pay to enter one, only one person gets a poster. With this sale (not a contest), 20 people pay and 20 people get a poster. That’s the difference. 
This discussion has been closed.