Jack White concert in BC. Two woman reprimanded by Arena employee to stop kissing

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    What is 50 years and today?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• CDEANSEATTLECDEANSEATTLE Seattle Posts: 33
    Some people try to continue legitimize topical taboos today claiming 50 years ago it was not frowned app-on, 50 years from social graces will change and today's thoughts might not be acceptable.
     Either way I see this, whether 50 years ago, today or 50 years from now sooo wrong.
    My mate and I had plenty of Chanucks games with intermission PDA and not even a crossed eye. But to single them out at a Jack White Show? Additionally my anger overtook my grammar, sorry.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018
    Edmonton is not in BC. As someone from BC, I wish you'd change the title of the thread, lol! The article is from a BC paper, but the incident happened in Alberta. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I dunno, maybe it's not about them being same-sex.  
    If I was arena staff and two people are really having a vigorous tonsil fight, I'm asking them to stop regardless of gender.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited November 2018
    rgambs said:
    I dunno, maybe it's not about them being same-sex.  
    If I was arena staff and two people are really having a vigorous tonsil fight, I'm asking them to stop regardless of gender.
    That's definitely not how it's described by the person who was stopped by security. It more sounds to me like this is a case of some ass-backwards homophobic security staff member having a knee jerk reaction when she saw two women kissing, and that her boss had to apologize on her behalf.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I was at a PJ concert in BC and the girl next to me was topless for the majority of the show.  Staff didn't seem to mind.  

She only knew how to say the words "i love you eddie".  

Hodor.  
    edited November 2018
    Jason P said:
    I was at a PJ concert in BC and the girl next to me was topless for the majority of the show.  Staff didn't seem to mind.  

Hodor.  
    BC and Alberta are two very different places - not kidding. I'm not meaning to burn AB - it has some really good qualities... But it's kind of like the differences between California and Texas in some ways. Weed loving atheist hippies vs oil loving Christian cowboys. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason P said:

Hodor.  
    BC and Alberta are two very different places - not kidding. I'm not meaning to burn AB - it has some really good qualities... But it's kind of like the differences between California and Texas in some ways. Weed loving atheist hippies vs oil loving Christian cowboys. :lol:
    Oh, I didn't see the Alberta part.  Alberta and me have a history.  Fuck Alberta.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Wait so kissing in public is not allowed in Alberta ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    BC stands for Bring Cash...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    It made the news...lol
    Wait so kissing in public is not allowed in Alberta ? 
    Of course it is. This story is just about one idiotic security person at an arena. That's it.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jason P said:

Hodor.  
    *looks on ticketmaster for concerts in BC*
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I laughed.