2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Whoa! The Rangers won last night.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nami said:
    Are the Red Wings once again the Dead Wings.  This time there is no Bowman on the horizon to re-build.  Giving up 7 goals to Montreal is a sad sign...

not to discredit MTL, they played a good game....but shit really? 
    Montreal does not even have a player in the top 50 in league scoring.  Detroit needs to fire Holland and their coach.  This season is going to be real ugly I think.  Might be time to approach Yzerman about becoming GM, maybe even President/GM...he has earned the opportunity.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Nami said:
    Are the Red Wings once again the Dead Wings.  This time there is no Bowman on the horizon to re-build.  Giving up 7 goals to Montreal is a sad sign...

Montreal does not even have a player in the top 50 in league scoring.  Detroit needs to fire Holland and their coach.  This season is going to be real ugly I think.  Might be time to approach Yzerman about becoming GM, maybe even President/GM...he has earned the opportunity.

Agree, Yzerman for GM and promote Bylsma to head coach possibly?  If I remember correctly he was coach when Pitts went/won the cup against the wings?  hahha screw that get rid of him...

something got to be done.  Hoping for a wing tonight against TB :S

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

Agree, Yzerman for GM and promote Bylsma to head coach possibly?  If I remember correctly he was coach when Pitts went/won the cup against the wings?  hahha screw that get rid of him...

something got to be done.  Hoping for a wing tonight against TB :S

Dan is a good coach ... yes he was the coach for Pitt when they won Crosby's first cup
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Detroit is in it for a rebuild.  Might as well accept that, even though its probably tough to stomach after making the playoffs like 30 of the last 31 seasons or something like that.  Just hope that the core of recent draft picks develops well and they can identify other players to complement them.  I think Holland has lost it.  This day and age, you can't go against the grain and find gems hidden all over the globe and in late rounds of the draft.  all the data, scouting, and communication out there.  I dont have the data, but Im pretty sure Holland/Detroit have been pretty bad at pulling good players in the first 3 rounds-ish of drafts.   

I would bet Yzerman goes there and gets them on the right track.  It'll probably still be a few years though.

Bylsma sucks btw.  Stay away.  There is a reason he hasn't landed any head coaching jobs outside the idiot Sabres with the owner with a Pittsburgh fetish.   He was a disaster here and faced a team mutiny, and there were rumblings Crosby and others kicked him to the curb in Pittsburgh.

MayDay10 said:
    Detroit is in it for a rebuild.  Might as well accept that, even though its probably tough to stomach after making the playoffs like 30 of the last 31 seasons or something like that.  Just hope that the core of recent draft picks develops well and they can identify other players to complement them.  I think Holland has lost it.  This day and age, you can't go against the grain and find gems hidden all over the globe and in late rounds of the draft.  all the data, scouting, and communication out there.  I dont have the data, but Im pretty sure Holland/Detroit have been pretty bad at pulling good players in the first 3 rounds-ish of drafts.   

I would bet Yzerman goes there and gets them on the right track.  It'll probably still be a few years though.

Bylsma sucks btw.  Stay away.  There is a reason he hasn't landed any head coaching jobs outside the idiot Sabres with the owner with a Pittsburgh fetish.   He was a disaster here and faced a team mutiny, and there were rumblings Crosby and others kicked him to the curb in Pittsburgh.

I did not know the players turned on Bylsma.  No doubt the wings are in full rebuild.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    yes...:  nothing real out in the open, but lots of insiders/local reporter smoke/fire.

https://triblive.com/sports/penguins/6101755-74/sources-bylsma-shero

They appeared together at a podium to handle media responsibilities a day before Game 7, and each acknowledged a friendship has developed beyond just being teammates.

Crosby and Malkin felt they needed one another this season when they grew frustrated with Bylsma, the sources said.

Crosby and Malkin grew disenchanted with perceived harsh criticism they received from Bylsma during meetings, the sources said. They and other veteran players were unhappy with Bylsma's numerous meetings and long practices and the decreasing sense of fun within the Penguins' environment, the sources said.

Ownership believed Bylsma lost the dressing room this season, specifically the support of Crosby and Malkin, the sources said.

The sources added that Burkle contended Shero specifically tethered himself to Bylsma, whom he signed to a two-year extension after the Penguins were swept from the Eastern Conference final last June. That is why the length of Bylsma's deal was made to run concurrent with the final years remaining on Shero's contract, the sources said.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/hamilton-eichel-not-only-one-who-doesnt-playing-bylsma

Following his report on WGR550.com Wednesday morning, which included a reference to Jack Eichel having no desire to sign an extension with the Sabres this summer if Dan Bylsma remains the head coach, our own Paul Hamilton joined Schopp and the Bulldog. 

Paul Hamilton on S&B

"It's been well documented, there's no that (Eichel) and Dan Bylsma are not on the same page...And I want to stress he is not the only one, there are other people in that room that despise playing for Dan Bylsma. Quite a few of them."

"Just because (Eichel) has no desire to sign an extension this summer, what are his options after next year? He could go to Europe, or be offer sheeted, but the Sabres will match any offer sheet. His options are very limited."

One win under our belt woohoo!  a couple ties.

gotta stop playing/looking like pylons.  Laughed my ass off last night when the crowd cheered when they got their first shot on net while Carolina had like 13 or something like that. 

gonna be a long season. 

love that Redmond and Ozzy were calling out Mantha.  

Impressed by Carolina's speed.  Brindamour got them playing well.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:

At least early in the season, Montreal is playing well.  Detroit has won 3 in a row, so they are playing better as well.  I still think Toronto needs a goalie to make a run to the finals.  That brings me to Howard.  Howard is playing well, he is relatively cheap by today's standards.  Babcock always liked Howard.  Does Toronto try and see if Howard is available, sometime after Christmas.  This all depends on if Howard is still playing well.

Montreal set a new NHL records 2 goals, 2 seconds apart.  That might stand a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7bZioi2qLI&frags=pl%2Cwn

Give Peas A Chance…
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2018
    Nami said:

At least early in the season, Montreal is playing well.  Detroit has won 3 in a row, so they are playing better as well.  I still think Toronto needs a goalie to make a run to the finals.  That brings me to Howard.  Howard is playing well, he is relatively cheap by today's standards.  Babcock always liked Howard.  Does Toronto try and see if Howard is available, sometime after Christmas.  This all depends on if Howard is still playing well.

Montreal set a new NHL records 2 goals, 2 seconds apart.  That might stand a while.

Man, what a weak Goal by Domi(Never liked his old man & now his son). Still, something you never thought we'd see.
    Post edited by cutz on
    cutz said:
    Nami said:

Man, what a weak Goal by Domi(Never liked his old man & now his son). Still, something you never thought we'd see.
    I was sceptical when Montreal picked up Domi.  But so far he a point a game player...and playing well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Kings finally kick someone's ass.
    Sorry for our resident BlueJackets fan.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Kings finally kick someone's ass.
    Sorry for our resident BlueJackets fan.

Haha thanks!  I’m just glad it was too late here for me to watch it
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited November 2018
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    edited November 2018
    Nami said:

Cant see the Wings getting rid of Howard, Bernier hasn't had a good showing....which is at fault of the D as well.  Howard plays well regardless of whats in front of him.  

oh Detroit won over Columbus too! hehe just had too KC...

Finally getting a FRK #42 t-shirt for xmas from the wife, of course I ruined the surprise as I pointed it out to her and suggested I get it at the time. needless to say she wasn't happy with the situation. 

Nami said:
    Nami said:

Cant see the Wings getting rid of Howard, Bernier hasn't had a good showing....which is at fault of the D as well.  Howard plays well regardless of whats in front of him.  

Finally getting a FRK #42 t-shirt for xmas from the wife, of course I ruined the surprise as I pointed it out to her and suggested I get it at the time. needless to say she wasn't happy with the situation. 

You can not rebuild around a 35 year old goalie.  This is why the wings have fallen so hard so fast, Holland hangs onto guys that are no longer of value to them, but could be of value to a contender.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

You can not rebuild around a 35 year old goalie.  This is why the wings have fallen so hard so fast, Holland hangs onto guys that are no longer of value to them, but could be of value to a contender.  
    yes agree, but what option is there right now?  The season is shot but a Nylander + money would be a good trade to leafs for Howard. hehe
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jets not off to a blazing start to the season. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:

yes agree, but what option is there right now?  The season is shot but a Nylander + money would be a good trade to leafs for Howard. hehe
    I imagine it'll have to be a trade deadline deal.  I just do not see the wings contenting in the next couple of years, so why not try and get a 2nd or 3rd pick for him?  Your trade would work, maybe the old leafs would have a bit ... the new leafs management is not clueless...lol.

Back to Howard, if I was offered a 2nd or 3rd anytime soon, I'd take it.  He does sometimes slump in the 2nd half.  You guys had a great 25-year run.  I guess its time to rebuild.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Jets not off to a blazing start to the season. 
    The seasons long in the NHL, some teams start out hot and then fizzle out, some teams start slow.  I got the Jets and the Leafs in the finals...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • I know it is extremely early, but I'm starting to think the Pens won't be making the playoffs this year.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    edited November 2018
    ^^^^
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    McClellan gone now, as well.  After last season's clean marker many coaches are feeling the heat already this season.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I know it is extremely early, but I'm starting to think the Pens won't be making the playoffs this year.
    Glorious!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I wonder if Quenneville told the Oilers "no".

I wonder if the Blues have asked him.
  • dankind said:
    I know it is extremely early, but I'm starting to think the Pens won't be making the playoffs this year.
    Glorious!
    :*(
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Sabres at 10 in a row.  

Been a long bunch of years.  This is terrific.  The Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart/Pominville line is lethal
    MayDay10 said:
    Sabres at 10 in a row.  

Been a long bunch of years.  This is terrific.  The Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart/Pominville line is lethal
    Read the ESPN article this AM on 'Worst to First' Sabres and thought of you and other long-suffering Sabres fans.
    Good for you all.  Deserve some good play after this rotten stretch
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    VGK finding their groove?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    big Buff gets Bambi legged in the game against Penguins. that was uncomfortable to watch. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD