NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Much respect to West Virginia's head coach who looks like he won the starting job by winning a raffle at a state fair tractor pull competition.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Jason P said:
    Much respect to West Virginia's head coach who looks like he won the starting job by winning a raffle at a state fair tractor pull competition.  
    Yeah, he looks like a native West Virginian.
    Kinda pissed that USC won, I wanted them to fire their staff this morning.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I watched the Clemson Louisville game and when the Tigers scored their 70th point in the 4th quarter the commentator said "Well that outs this one out of reach!"

Ya think?!?

Watched LSU/Bama.

Roll Tide.

They are head and shoulders above everyone else.

Hoping that the Clemson vs Bama final is a good one.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jason P said:
    Yeah, he looks like a native West Virginian.
    Kinda pissed that USC won, I wanted them to fire their staff this morning.
    He’s from Iowa. Set a bunch of offensive records at Oklahoma State when we was OC there.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Woah....easy there buddy...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103

If that's the championship game, I hope Bama curb stomps Clemson.

Notre Dame will get destroyed in the semi... if they make it.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Roll Tide!!

that one is for Wobbie!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fuck.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I don't even like Alabama and I'm tired of them winning but it's hard not to root for Tua.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I don't even like Alabama and I'm tired of them winning but it's hard not to root for Tua.

He's a good kid and his little brother will be an incoming freshman next year. He is said to be just as good as Tua.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    He's a good kid and his little brother will be an incoming freshman next year. He is said to be just as good as Tua.
    I saw him on the halftime show on MNF a couple weeks ago and he gave a more professional interview than almost any NFL player I've seen in the last decade if not longer. Proper English, polite, & poised. Definitely has a good head on his shoulders and his athletic ability speaks for itself.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    just cancel the rest of the season and give the crystal FB to satan. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I watched the Clemson Louisville game and when the Tigers scored their 70th point in the 4th quarter the commentator said "Well that outs this one out of reach!"

Ya think?!?

Watched LSU/Bama.

Roll Tide.

I'd like to see Clemson face someone else other than Bama, for what would be the 4th straight championship series with the 2. 
    Here's to hoping Bama gets taken down with another play like the Kick-6 in the playoffs.
    mace1229 said:
    I watched the Clemson Louisville game and when the Tigers scored their 70th point in the 4th quarter the commentator said "Well that outs this one out of reach!"

Ya think?!?

Watched LSU/Bama.

Roll Tide.

I'd like to see Clemson face someone else other than Bama, for what would be the 4th straight championship series with the 2. 
    Here's to hoping Bama gets taken down with another play like the Kick-6 in the playoffs.
    It'd be nice to see two new teams all together. (But not Notre Dame :lol:)

• Hoping that the Clemson vs Bama final is a good one.
    It's inevitable...
    mace1229 said:

Ya think?!?

Watched LSU/Bama.

Roll Tide.

I know. I married into the tiger blood. My wife grew up in Clemson and her dad was a professor there for 30 years. SO I didnt care about that team until about 10 years ago.
    I remember the first year they faced Bama I couldn't go anywhere without wearing my Clemson sweatshirt throughout the playoffs and everyone wishing me good luck and so on. Next year it was just a couple. Last year only very few comments, and the few I had were basically what you just said, time to let someone else in on the championship. Bittersweet I guess. Was fun to know most people were rooting for your team, but win too much and then they root against you.
    mace1229 said:

Ya think?!?

Watched LSU/Bama.

Roll Tide.

Your Seminoles can put an end to that chatter this weekend if they want.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Michigan is now 4.  I think their D can give Alabam a go.  Yes/No? 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I think any of the other top 3 teams "could" give Bama a go on any given day.

However, while a great defense is nice, I question what Michigan's offense could do against Bama's defense. 

Notre Dame has a pretty damn good defense itself. Additionally, under Ian Book, their offense has done significantly better as well. That said, there are still some "lazy" moments and many missed deep passes.
    The kind that I continuously see Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) complete.

I think for either UM or ND to win such a game, there is going to have to be a kick return and a +1 turnover margin at least.

Now, if ND and Michigan could make it to the championship, THAT, would be a fun game.

However, while a great defense is nice, I question what Michigan's offense could do against Bama's defense. 

Notre Dame has a pretty damn good defense itself. Additionally, under Ian Book, their offense has done significantly better as well. That said, there are still some "lazy" moments and many missed deep passes.

I think for either UM or ND to win such a game, there is going to have to be a kick return and a +1 turnover margin at least.

Now, if ND and Michigan could make it to the championship, THAT, would be a fun game.
    Michigan dominates ND.  This Michigan team is light years better today than they were when they last met ND.  Michigan’s offence has greatly improved Throughout the season.  They got their number 1 receiver back, Black and Gary back on defence, those are 2 pretty good players to get back for the stretch run.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mace1229 said:

Ya think?!?

Watched LSU/Bama.

Roll Tide.

Yeah I won't hold my breath...  56-3 ND.
    Not just that I'm a Clemson fan, but they have a 50/50 chance beating Bama in the championship.
    Their defense is better this year, they have a freshman QB who is as good as Watson was when they won. This team will only dominate more the next few years.
    They had a few hiccups and near-misses in the beginning of the season when they were still trying to figure out who their starting QB is, but since then they've won every game by 40, 50 or 60 points!
    mace1229 said:

Ya think?!?

Watched LSU/Bama.

Roll Tide.

Yeah I won't hold my breath...  56-3 ND.
    Nah, not that bad. But there is some potential for snow this weekend, so theres that.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited November 2018

Michigan dominates ND.  This Michigan team is light years better today than they were when they last met ND.  Michigan’s offence has greatly improved Throughout the season.  They got their number 1 receiver back, Black and Gary back on defence, those are 2 pretty good players to get back for the stretch run.
    The same could be said for ND.
    Completely different and better offence than what they put on the field in the first game.
    Edit: And different QB.
    eddiec said:

Completely different and better offence than what they put on the field in the first game.
    It seemed that someone was unable to be objective there. Maybe just enjoying the unexpected hype train of the Wolverines and blinded to the attributes of other teams. And it's okay, I've been there before. In 2012. Then, Notre Dame played Bama in January. 

***Side note: Ian Book out on Saturday plus cold weather conditions. I see a lot of running the ball and attempted clock management. 

ND 27 - FSU 17
    NC State, Syracuse, and Virginia Tech have all beat FSU worse than that.  Trust me, the Noles are utter garbage this year.  This isn't even gonna be anywhere near a 2 posession game.
    eddiec said:

It seemed that someone was unable to be objective there. Maybe just enjoying the unexpected hype train of the Wolverines and blinded to the attributes of other teams. And it's okay, I've been there before. In 2012. Then, Notre Dame played Bama in January. 

***Side note: Ian Book out on Saturday plus cold weather conditions. I see a lot of running the ball and attempted clock management. 

ND 27 - FSU 17
    It's been a while since I felt this good about a Michigan team.  And who knows, maybe they stumble somewhere along the way.  It's great that you get my optimism.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    eddiec said:

You are correct,  Sometimes fans get caught in the hype.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Scenario of the day:

Clemson, Notre Dame & Michigan all win out. 

#5 Georgia wins out, including a 3 point victory in SEC title game.

#1 Alabama loses only game by 3 in SEC title game

Who gains entry into the College Football Playoff? What team gets left out?