"...we may end up in the Hudson."

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited February 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Air traffic control's conversations with the pilot of the US Airways plane which landed in the Hudson River:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/audio/2 ... -recording
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i watched it last night... he remains so calm its unreal!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I think maybe that's going to give me some perspective the next time I start to get irritated because somebody cuts me off in traffic or some everyday thing like that.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    What a great man. For him to admit to being privately nervous during the crisis, in spite of his outwardly exemplary and unprecedented professionalism in gliding the plane down, just emphasises his true heroism.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    It's a credit to his training and focus on the situation at hand. This guy is a TRUE professional. I understand he is also a glider pilot.

My brother is a fire chief for The US DoD. prior to that he was a fire fighter in the USAF. When he was still in AF , he was on flight line watch , when an F-16(?) crashed right in front of him. Told me he was scared shitless, but was calm and cool in radioing it in. He also was the scene commander when that B-2 bomber crashed on Guam last year.

He was off that day playing golf when the B-2 went down on takeoff. The guys in front off him were yelling that he had to go. After a minute or two, he turned around to see the 500 foot high plume of smoke and fire. Drove to the scene in a GOLF CART!!!!!! 6-8 hours fighting the fire , B-2 was a total loss.1st time in 20 plus years one crashed. they found out later it was moisture on a sensor fed the wrong info to the onboard computer, which in turn gave the wrong signals to the rest of the plane.

No loss of life and I think the only injury was a civilian firefighter acting in a support role he twisted/sprained his knee.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited November 2018
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-saved-155-lives-on-the-hudson-now-lets-vote-for-leaders-wholl-protect-us-all/2018/10/29/554fd0e6-d87c-11e8-a10f-b51546b10756_story.html

For the first 85 percent of my adult life, I was a registered Republican. But I have always voted as an American. And this critical Election Day, I will do so by voting for leaders committed to rebuilding our common values and not pandering to our basest impulses.

Edit: I apologize for bringing this to the top of AET. I thought it was in Moving Train, lol.  :)
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022