So what upcoming shows are you currently holding tickets to?

Comments

• dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

saw the Breeders on Sunday night. AMAZING show!!!

got tix for Dylan Nov 2nd and 8th.  Xmas Jam on December 8th.

American Aquarium on November 26th. trying to end the year on a blast.

2 nights of Dylan?  Man you must love the abuse...

:lol: probably the same setlist too. it is an acquired taste, my friend

seeing him as much as possible before it's not possible anymore.

I've seen Dylan more than any other band or artist. It used to be similar to a PJ show in that the set list was different each time and he would deviate from studio versions of songs a lot.

Now, it's pretty much the same set list and the same version of each song.

Still worth going, IMO. The musicians in his band are top shelf.
    I saw him at Jones beach a few years ago and all I heard was a monotone raspy and incoherent voice over the airwaves...

It was really, really bad.

On the bright side Beck and Wilco played earlier and were great!!!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

I've seen Dylan more than any other band or artist. It used to be similar to a PJ show in that the set list was different each time and he would deviate from studio versions of songs a lot.

I saw him at Jones beach a few years ago and all I heard was a monotone raspy and incoherent voice over the airwaves...

Chris you saw him right before he hit his stride again. Americanarama festival....I believe Duke Robilliard was playing guitar in his band during that tour and OL' Bob wasn't too pleased with his playing. His current show is more conducive to theaters with great acoustics.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dadesdades Posts: 321
    Fish
    Rival Sons
    Thunder
    Greta Van Fleet
    all Glasgow
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just bought a ticket to STP for thursday on stubhub. half price. why not?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    Jack White - Nov. 20th - Nashville
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    lolobugg said:
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

Chris you saw him right before he hit his stride again. Americanarama festival....I believe Duke Robilliard was playing guitar in his band during that tour and OL' Bob wasn't too pleased with his playing. His current show is more conducive to theaters with great acoustics.

he “hit his stride again”? the dude is an absolute icon but you couldn’t get me to a show on a dare.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • POND in Brooklyn next week. 
  • OCS
    Ty Segall
    Jack White
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

No barcode!

Smart!!!
    deadendp said:

You are gonna love it. Wish I could see them again.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

edited November 2018
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

We had a great time!  Since they closed the parking lot right across the street from the venue, we walked probably 3-4 blocks in the rain (no, we didn't melt) but we noticed when we got in that many improvements had been made.  Before when you entered, they barely even checked a ticket.  Ticket check, scan, purse check . . . They were changes that were needed.  

The opening band was okay, but their "last song" was 4 songs long.  The person who opened for Bob Mould did the same thing.  

The Breeders were great!  I did what I have never done before.  I waited through the first song to see if the rail gap would open any wider.  It didn't, so I tapped the guy on the shoulder to ask him if I could slide in.  He was so nice.  "Absolutely!"  I could see!  

The sound was pretty whacked for the first three songs.  We lost Derby Dave to the center back where the sound was better.  Toni and I remained up front with hopes that the sound would get sorted.  At one point, Kim's mic went out, but they got it all fixed.  

Love Last Splash and Cannonball.  I love Mountain Battles and only got one song, but I understand that it probably isn't an album that appeals to the masses.  The whole concert was great and I got to meet @wecrazybob !  

https://smile.amazon.com/photos/share/Wc7fe4bOC4wRfDBf5X1nb0iynxlK5xSGEnOR5c30xcK
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

We had a great time!  Since they closed the parking lot right across the street from the venue, we walked probably 3-4 blocks in the rain (no, we didn't melt) but we noticed when we got in that many improvements had been made.  Before when you entered, they barely even checked a ticket.  Ticket check, scan, purse check . . . They were changes that were needed.  

The opening band was okay, but their "last song" was 4 songs long.  The person who opened for Bob Mould did the same thing.  

The Breeders were great!  I did what I have never done before.  I waited through the first song to see if the rail gap would open any wider.  It didn't, so I tapped the guy on the shoulder to ask him if I could slide in.  He was so nice.  "Absolutely!"  I could see!  

The sound was pretty whacked for the first three songs.  We lost Derby Dave to the center back where the sound was better.  Toni and I remained up front with hopes that the sound would get sorted.  At one point, Kim's mic went out, but they got it all fixed.  

Love Last Splash and Cannonball.  I love Mountain Battles and only got one song, but I understand that it probably isn't an album that appeals to the masses.  The whole concert was great and I got to meet @wecrazybob !  

https://smile.amazon.com/photos/share/Wc7fe4bOC4wRfDBf5X1nb0iynxlK5xSGEnOR5c30xcK
    Very cool.  The Breeders isn't a show I would see considering I only know 1 song, lol.  But sounds like it was a good time!

BOB DYLAN! Live! Tonight! SoldOut!

can't wait!!!!!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

Very cool.  The Breeders isn't a show I would see considering I only know 1 song, lol.  But sounds like it was a good time!
    Yo Tempo, you should pick up Pod,  there first record.  It will change your life!  The new record is stellar also.
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

What about the Pixies?   
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Elton John (Atlanta)
    Nita Strauss (Atlanta)
    Metallica (Birmingham)
    KISS (Atlanta & Birmingham)
    Paul McCartney (Lexington)
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

What about the Pixies?   

this is probably blasphemous to most.... but I like the Breeders Waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the Pixies.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Jim James
    Michelle Obama
    NIN - Las Vegas x 2
    NIN - Hollywood Palladium
    Jeff Tweedy x 2
    Joe Jackson
    Peter Murphy w/ David J
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

What about the Pixies?   

this is probably blasphemous to most.... but I like the Breeders Waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the Pixies.
    I love the Pixies but refuse to go see them without Kim
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2018
    Dweezil Zappa-Wilimington, Deleware (this Sunday)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    JJ Grey solo show on 12/1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

What about the Pixies?   

+1
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

What about the Pixies?   

I get that but when they play, they seem super happy.  I can say the same for The Breeders. Perhaps it's just a better arrangement for all involved.  

I've seen the Pixies twice (both without Kim - 2015 & 2017) and while the first time was good, they found their groove and had a way better time the second time.

As for The Breeders, I have seen them twice this year.  I saw them for The National Homecoming Festival (a festival set) and last might.  They had fun both nights, but the festival had far more personality.  Last night, while fantastic, was the last night of their US tour and they may have been a lil tired. 

I'm just glad that they all seem to have found happiness and are happy to share that with all of us. :smile:
  • deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

What about the Pixies?   
    Don't care for them either...
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:

What about the Pixies?   
    Don't care for them either...
    :open_mouth: 

Nah, really . . . :wink:  I get it.  Not for everyone, but it would explain you not caring for The Breeders so much, too.  
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jim James
    Michelle Obama
    NIN - Las Vegas x 2
    Jeff Tweedy x 2
    Joe Jackson
    Peter Murphy w/ David J
    Love Joe Jackson, never seen him live. Enjoy!
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Bob Mould - 2/19
    Gary Clark Jr. - 3/20
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

njnancy said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jim James
    Michelle Obama
    NIN - Las Vegas x 2
    Jeff Tweedy x 2
    Joe Jackson
    Peter Murphy w/ David J
    Love Joe Jackson, never seen him live. Enjoy!
    Joe Jackson is a great live act....he has a great catalog of songs from which to choose.

He was one of my first concerts way back in 1980 when I was 14!