PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Watched the Chef's Table with Cristina Martinez - holy hell that's some heavy stuff; surprised they didn't talk about her son, but yet I get it. Every time I was at the 11th Street location that dude Ben was always super nice and giving me extra (free) food to try. Great stuff.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Watched the Chef's Table with Cristina Martinez - holy hell that's some heavy stuff; surprised they didn't talk about her son, but yet I get it. Every time I was at the 11th Street location that dude Ben was always super nice and giving me extra (free) food to try. Great stuff.
    Yeah, I need to watch this, then get to the new location.
    Rhys should definitely be playing 1st base that's for sure.
    And for the record, I will likely be bitter if the Phillies get Machado because the Yankees likely got beat financially, which is inexcusable, especially this offseason after Boston wins it with the highest payroll in the game.
    And for the record, I will likely be bitter if the Phillies get Machado because the Yankees likely got beat financially, which is inexcusable, especially this offseason after Boston wins it with the highest payroll in the game.
    I'd rather have Harper. And I hate saying that.
    He's better, for sure.  Fits the Yankees lineup better than Machado but have a busy outfield and I can't see them going that way.
    He's better, for sure.  Fits the Yankees lineup better than Machado but have a busy outfield and I can't see them going that way.
    Right. I guess you could make anyone fit that's worth it. But that's also the reason I'd want him over Machado (and not just because of the OPS). Phils have more question marks in the outfield than I'd say they do in their infield.
    Right. I guess you could make anyone fit that's worth it. But that's also the reason I'd want him over Machado (and not just because of the OPS). Phils have more question marks in the outfield than I'd say they do in their infield.
    Yeah, you find space, but easier to fill a need when there are two somewhat similar players available.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Yeah, I was waiting for them to touch on that topic but also understand why they did not.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Let's get both of them!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Awesome
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    What a fucking week that was....
    chinese-happy.jpg

chinese-happy.jpg
    Have been meaning to mention. Watched the Christina Martinez chef’s table. Definitely good and her story is definitely a story worth telling but kinda wish they would have talked about the food a bit more. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

they beat tampa fucking bay. woot!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

the giants won 72 games that year. woot!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2018
    Anyone enter that drawing for the War on Drugs shows?  Me and my boys all got the Thursday show at Union Transfer, which should be awesome.  Saw the Wednesday show is at Johnny Brendas -- would have preferred that one, but glad I didn't get stuck at another all GA show at the Tower.

Also, kudos to the shitty phillies for finally doing something right with the hiring of their new farm director.  About fucking time.  Now fire MacPhail
    Friday random shit of the day when work is slow and you've read all of the internet:

Totally forgot about this website. - http://www.fivehorizons.com/

This was the go-to, and http://www.theskyiscrape.com/ (along with the RM forum), probably was the last time I super pumped for an album and waited with baited breath was for 'Riot Act'. Then you get old. Que sera sera.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    The Fixer said:
    Anyone enter that drawing for the War on Drugs shows?  Me and my boys all got the Thursday show at Union Transfer, which should be awesome.  Saw the Wednesday show is at Johnny Brendas -- would have preferred that one, but glad I didn't get stuck at another all GA show at the Tower.

Also, kudos to the shitty phillies for finally doing something right with the hiring of their new farm director.  About fucking time.  Now fire MacPhail
    yep going on Thursday!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    The Fixer said:

Dude, how do you even keep up with this shit?!? I’m lost 
    edited November 2018
    Friday random shit of the day when work is slow and you've read all of the internet:

This was the go-to, and http://www.theskyiscrape.com/ (along with the RM forum), probably was the last time I super pumped for an album and waited with baited breath was for 'Riot Act'. Then you get old. Que sera sera.
    Five Horizons. Man, that takes me back. I used to look at that site on a daily basis back in college. Reviews/setlists of every show. So much quality info. Learned so much about this band from that website. Good stuff.

Giventopost.com was short lived but a good board too about 10 years ago-ish
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2018
    So mlbtraderumors is predicting the Phils landing Machado, Markakis, and Charlie Morton?

I'd take that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So mlbtraderumors is predicting the Phils landing Machado, Markakis, and Charlie Morton?

I'd take that. 
    I hate their contract predictions. After last off-season  I don’t think either of them get over 10 years, especially tough to see an NL team giving that many years to position players. I get it’s a luxury tax thing.

I’d be all over that Morton contract 
    Wobbie said:

yeah, but our WS were vs. real teams....rangers, tigers, royals....not tampa fucking bay. woot!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Five Horizons. Man, that takes me back. I used to look at that site on a daily basis back in college. Reviews/setlists of every show. So much quality info. Learned so much about this band from that website. Good stuff.

giventopost was a shit show....as I remember, you and ziggystar were trying to outsexualtension each other....I did not like that chick. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

giventopost was a shit show....as I remember, you and ziggystar were trying to outsexualtension each other....I did not like that chick. 
    Nah I think you're confusing me with someone else
    That place was a lot of fun though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

yeah, but our WS were vs. real teams....rangers, tigers, royals....not tampa fucking bay. woot!
    Gosh, I didn't realize fake teams could make it to the WS.
    chinese-happy.jpg