Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    DewieCox said:
    Consolers is the best album Jack White has been a part of.

Anybody looking for the Stripes Live@Mississippi and/or B shows 12”s? Had them posted in Lost Dogs for awhile and thought maybe there were some in here that might want it and not even know it. I’d cut a pretty good deal one or both.
    What are the B show 12"?  Do you have a discogs entry?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited October 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Consolers is the best album Jack White has been a part of.

Anybody looking for the Stripes Live@Mississippi and/or B shows 12”s? Had them posted in Lost Dogs for awhile and thought maybe there were some in here that might want it and not even know it. I’d cut a pretty good deal one or both.
    What are the B show 12"?  Do you have a discogs entry?
    https://www.discogs.com/The-White-Stripes-Under-Great-White-Northern-Lights-B-Shows/release/2324590

Recording quality is a little rough, but it’s a neat document of the shows and fits the vibe of the precedings.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited October 2018
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Going to the Nashville Jack White concert is one of my Happy-birthday-I'm-50 presents. Yay! More years, more presents.

Reading glasses are a disappointment. So cute, yet switching them on and off is so annoying. I wear regular glasses now.
    me too....

I need readers when I wear my contacts but don't need them when I wear glasses.  It's much easier to just have my glasses on my face at all times then to always be fumbling with readers.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    any openers on this tour? sorry to be a broken record, but in anticipation of this show, I am giving BHR another shot. Blech. And I looked on TM, and there are a LOT of tickets available. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    MedozK said:
    How does #37 sound?
    I will finally have time to sit down and do some listening this weekend. I will let you know my thoughts then, though some have surely listened already.
    I did finally listen to this - sides A and B anyway - and I'm sorry to say it sounds pretty bad. At least mine does. I have to really crank the volume WAY higher than usual, and even then it's got a muffled quality to it. Very disappointing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    any openers on this tour? sorry to be a broken record, but in anticipation of this show, I am giving BHR another shot. Blech. And I looked on TM, and there are a LOT of tickets available. 
    He had an opener at the one I went to. I don't remember the name - it was just one of those bands on his label. I didn't really care for it. I wished I had skipped it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    lolobugg said:
    Not going but looks like a riot! :jack_o_lantern: :rock_on: 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Joshua Hedley and Margo Price opening in Nashville.
    Surprisingly there are a healthy amount of tix left for the "hometown" show.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited October 2018
    it bugs the shit out of me when you have to dig and dig and dig for info on any opener to any gig. it's frustrating as fuck. why wouldn't the headliner want to do the opener a solid and promote them?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:
    How does #37 sound?
    I will finally have time to sit down and do some listening this weekend. I will let you know my thoughts then, though some have surely listened already.
    I did finally listen to this - sides A and B anyway - and I'm sorry to say it sounds pretty bad. At least mine does. I have to really crank the volume WAY higher than usual, and even then it's got a muffled quality to it. Very disappointing.
    I agree.  I'm not sure why there is such a lack of detail.  The Roo one from a few years ago was 10x the quality. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Anyone interested in a blue vinyl copy of the Jack White Acoustic Recordings record? I have one sealed, with the receipt for proof of color. $60 shipped in the US. 
  • Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Went to Edmonton last night and got my mind blown - amazing show.

Opening band was Crown Lands and I thought they were fantastic - 2 young guys banging out some classic 70’s style rock. If you’re a RUSH fan you’ll love these guys (or maybe you’ll hate them haha)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Just had to get in on the Racs vault. I’m sure the vinyl won’t look as cool as the mock-up, but Consolers is my favorite JW material and new material...GTFO

Opening band was Crown Lands and I thought they were fantastic - 2 young guys banging out some classic 70’s style rock. If you’re a RUSH fan you’ll love these guys (or maybe you’ll hate them haha)
    PICS or it didn't happen!  
  • Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    mrussel1 said:

Haha

Funny thing - these two guys came out on stage and gave each other a big hug centre stage (I think Friday was their first show opening for JW) And the hug was just such a happy moment it put a big smile on my face. I immediately reached for my phone to take a picture and realized it was locked up in my back pocket.

I don’t have a huge problem with people on their phones at shows (as long as it’s not taking away from anyone else’s enjoyment of the show) but it was quite refreshing to NOT see a bunch of phones up in the air.
    mrussel1 said:

Haha

Funny thing - these two guys came out on stage and gave each other a big hug centre stage (I think Friday was their first show opening for JW) And the hug was just such a happy moment it put a big smile on my face. I immediately reached for my phone to take a picture and realized it was locked up in my back pocket.

I don’t have a huge problem with people on their phones at shows (as long as it’s not taking away from anyone else’s enjoyment of the show) but it was quite refreshing to NOT see a bunch of phones up in the air.
    I was good with it generally.  The only sucky part was that we got in early to be close for both shows I saw, and that meant standing there for an 90 plus min without the phone.  That was unusual.  Once the show started, I was all good.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Guy what are your thoughts on vault 37?  I see one for sale on the forums but I don’t know if it is any good. Thanks. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Bunch of posters from this year's tour have gone up in Novelties.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Guy what are your thoughts on vault 37?  I see one for sale on the forums but I don’t know if it is any good. Thanks. 
    It's okay.  PJ Soul mentioned earlier, rightfully, that the sound is distant.  I'm not sure if they tried the direct acetate recording on this one too, or what. It's not as good of a sound as the Roo vault, as an example.  I would call it disappointing.  I'm also miffed that there are several repeats across the records.  I just don't understand why he would do that.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's okay.  PJ Soul mentioned earlier, rightfully, that the sound is distant.  I'm not sure if they tried the direct acetate recording on this one too, or what. It's not as good of a sound as the Roo vault, as an example.  I would call it disappointing.  I'm also miffed that there are several repeats across the records.  I just don't understand why he would do that.  
    Thanks for the input bud!  Based on your review I will not be purchasing it. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am a bigger fan of the sound than most seem to be so far. I feel the new songs translate so much better live than on the album. But I totally agree about the repeats. I saw him in Brooklyn back in March and prayed that show would have been the vault, it was perfect. But two shows from the same tour is definitely shortsighted. The Detroit record is 9 songs and I think 6 of them are on the Nashville show. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am a bigger fan of the sound than most seem to be so far. I feel the new songs translate so much better live than on the album. But I totally agree about the repeats. I saw him in Brooklyn back in March and prayed that show would have been the vault, it was perfect. But two shows from the same tour is definitely shortsighted. The Detroit record is 9 songs and I think 6 of them are on the Nashville show. 
    Completely agree that the news songs are very good live.  I saw the two DC shows and am heading to the Aragon one as well, I enjoyed it so much.  I was more speaking about the sound quality, which was disappointing.  
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    If anybody needs a pair for Aragon (Chicago) on 11/19, I have a pair for sale.  Forgot that I have a trip that time.  Face value, of course.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Completely agree that the news songs are very good live.  I saw the two DC shows and am heading to the Aragon one as well, I enjoyed it so much.  I was more speaking about the sound quality, which was disappointing.  
    Yeah, I can tell that if the sound quality of the record was good, it would be a great album. As it is, I'm thinking about trading it in at the record store. The sound on this vault is so bad I find it pretty much unlistenable. So that sucks.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, I can tell that if the sound quality of the record was good, it would be a great album. As it is, I'm thinking about trading it in at the record store. The sound on this vault is so bad I find it pretty much unlistenable. So that sucks.
    @PJ_Soul Oh really? I haven't opened the copy I bought up yet. That bad eh? Should I just sell the thing?
    www.cluthelee.com
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJ_Soul Oh really? I haven't opened the copy I bought up yet. That bad eh? Should I just sell the thing?
    I would listen to it first if I were you. For all I know, my copy sounds worse than the majority do. It's really quiet and muffled. This album isn't sealed inside the box anyhow, so it's not going to hurt the value if you spin it.
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Which number vault is roo?
    found it, 22.  Man these do not go for cheap.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    22... even comes with a DVD of the performance..

https://www.discogs.com/Jack-White-Live-From-Bonnaroo-2014/release/6418235