******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    i i think we need help elsewhere besides WR like in our secondary.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    As much as I hate on the guy (Notre Dame cockeating shamrock fool), I think that Golden Taint is a good player to fit on your O. 
    You can get back to the Super Bowl, just need to keep getting better and find a way to win in LA.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited October 2018
    As much as I hate on the guy (Notre Dame cockeating shamrock fool), I think that Golden Taint is a good player to fit on your O. 
    You can get back to the Super Bowl, just need to keep getting better and find a way to win in LA.
    As I agreed with some podcast I listen to (Birds w/ Friends, by far the best podcast out there) - their problem is getting to the playoffs now. Whereas Dallas or DC's upside is at very most a 2nd round game, the Birds' ceiling is a Super Bowl win. Again, fucked themselves to get there though. Gotta win out in the division.

Of course they do, but speaking of Dallas they kinda fucked the market with their trade. RB I would like to get Blount back, but not at the assumed asking price. O-line would be good, but again the asking price. And, yes, absolutely the secondary but I can only assume anyone near to being a difference-maker will cost way too much.

The way I see it is they can't play any worse than they already have in the secondary with guys like fucking Dexter McDougle and Tre Sullivan. Only place they can go is up (this is completely wistful bullshit on my end).
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Golden Tate. Don't know if I'm OK with trading a 3rd for a guy who is 30 and in the last year of his deal...
    they will get a compensatory pick if he leaves and they already have a bunch of picks next year.  and they gave up a 3rd rounder for a guy with 44 catches while the Cowboys gave up a 1st for guy with only 28 catches.  i don't mind the move at all.
    pjhawks said:
    Golden Tate. Don't know if I'm OK with trading a 3rd for a guy who is 30 and in the last year of his deal...
    they will get a compensatory pick if he leaves and they already have a bunch of picks next year.  and they gave up a 3rd rounder for a guy with 44 catches while the Cowboys gave up a 1st for guy with only 28 catches.  i don't mind the move at all.
    This is my point - because someone else is stupid doesn't necessarily make a move good. I'm probably fine with it, but he doesn't cost a 3rd if Dallas wasn't run by an idiot.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    As I agreed with some podcast I listen to (Birds w/ Friends, by far the best podcast out there) - their problem is getting to the playoffs now. Whereas Dallas or DC's upside is at very most a 2nd round game, the Birds' ceiling is a Super Bowl win. Again, fucked themselves to get there though. Gotta win out in the division.

Of course they do, but speaking of Dallas they kinda fucked the market with their trade. RB I would like to get Blount back, but not at the assumed asking price. O-line would be good, but again the asking price. And, yes, absolutely the secondary but I can only assume anyone near to being a difference-maker will cost way too much.

The way I see it is they can't play any worse than they already have in the secondary with guys like fucking Dexter McDougle and Tre Sullivan. Only place they can go is up (this is completely wistful bullshit on my end).
    For as bad as the defense has looked at times, they’re only giving up 19 points per game. 

Pretty good trade, I guess. It’s an upgrade. Not much of a deep threat but lots of YAC!
    chinese-happy.jpg

For as bad as the defense has looked at times, they’re only giving up 19 points per game. 

Pretty good trade, I guess. It’s an upgrade. Not much of a deep threat but lots of YAC!
    Yeah, they had to make some kind of trade because every the other "playoff teams" in the division got "better."

My concern is not having a running back that can block/pick up the blitz and how much the O-line hasn't been reliable and injured. Their whole concept on D is about running up points on offense then rushing your front-four without a blitz.

Yeah, they had to make some kind of trade because every the other "playoff teams" in the division got "better."

My concern is not having a running back that can block/pick up the blitz and how much the O-line hasn't been reliable and injured. Their whole concept on D is about running up points on offense then rushing your front-four without a blitz.
    I share you’re concerns. However they switched it up a little Sunday and blitzed more and had success... albeit against Blake Fucking Bortles. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Adding anything to this offense is a plus.  I wonder if we'll see Wallace, Hollins or Sproles the rest of the year.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin said:
    Adding anything to this offense is a plus.  I wonder if we'll see Wallace, Hollins or Sproles the rest of the year.
    So what you're saying is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQM3-8UanKQ
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    As someone already invested in fantasy with both Tate and Jeffery, I was not thrilled to see this trade. I also have Smallwood on my bench, but that running game is lacking severely. Just go deep Carson! Dropped the Eagles D finally with the bye. As mentioned they have done ok, but they aren't quite making any big plays.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    As someone already invested in fantasy with both Tate and Jeffery, I was not thrilled to see this trade. I also have Smallwood on my bench, but that running game is lacking severely. Just go deep Carson! Dropped the Eagles D finally with the bye. As mentioned they have done ok, but they aren't quite making any big plays.
    Front four hasn't been nearly as good this year which is keeping sacks and turnovers down. Hopefully both sides of the ball get healthier and better in the bye week. I have lots of faith in the offense with Wentz.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    did anyone watch this episode? it was pretty funny

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    9:30 in the morning.
    Off.
    8:20 in the evening.

We're in the middle of a weird 3 week stretch here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    did anyone watch this episode? it was pretty funny

I thought the first part was pretty hilarious. The 2nd was kinda disappointing but the last 5 minutes made up for it a lot 
    Thanks Atlanta. I saw on twitter that the Skins lost 4 of 5 starting O linemen. That's rough.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Thanks Atlanta. I saw on twitter that the Skins lost 4 of 5 starting O linemen. That's rough.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Dakota is so bad
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Dakota is so bad
    haha remember when a couple guys on here called Wentz Dakota Tebow when he was drafted?

Big weekend for the Birds without playing.  Couldn't have gone better
    This division is poop. Let's go win it, gosh darn it!!

GO BIRDS
    chinese-happy.jpg
    We're the 23rd lowest scoring team in the league but 1st in our division. 

I loved the Cole Beasley trick play with under 3min left down by 2 td's.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

That wreaked of desperation.
    Skins are probably close to asking people from the stands to play on their offensive line. 
    Giants are trash.

Gotta win this thing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:

That wreaked of desperation.
    Skins are probably close to asking people from the stands to play on their offensive line. 
    Giants are trash.

Gotta win this thing. 
    Awful play call.  They had just gone down the field about 60 yards passing the ball with little resistance from the Titans.  No reason to try a trick play there down 14.

I'm not sure who is harder to listen to though, Whitten or Booger. I know it's been said before but my god that Monday night crew is awful.
    It's ridiculous that they just throw these guys in the booth without having any experience and toupees.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Love the guy but just cut Sproles already.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I had zero expectations for Sproles this year anyway. This isn't surprising. He's so old. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Didn't they cut Carter? The eye test isn't great for him, but pretty sure his avg. returns have been in the top 10 of the league.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    (Woops, posted in Philly thread)
    Interested to see The Taint, and his impact this w/e.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited November 2018
    If the eagles win this game, it’s because I ate stocks at halftime, so you’re welcome