Options

Do you change the radio station when Pearl Jam comes on?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:
     I tend to lean into them a  bit deeper and enjoy them in more nuanced ways when they're heard out of context.
    Fascinating statement.  Lots to unpack here. If you talk like this in your everyday normal speech, I'd like to listen.  Like a really interesting professor from my college days. 
    Ha, don't let me fool ya. For real tho, I've listened to Ten so many times that Evenflow, for example, sometimes gets diluted as the song after Once and before Alive. However, take it, and for that matter Pearl Jam, out of context and unexpectedly hear it get played on The Spectrum and you might listen to it in different ways.

Similar scenario...I keep a bunch of music, most of which is not Pearl Jam, on my phone. Last week while driving, random shuffling songs via bluetooth, Hard To Imagine comes on. First time I'd heard it in a while. It was like a gift and I listened to the hell out of it, ears and full attention bent into it.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    edited October 2018
    change the radio station when you hear your favorite band?  this one takes the cake as the dumbest thing written here in 2018 (and maybe ever)
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    Depends on the song
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    Yea
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    jjflash said:
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:
     I tend to lean into them a  bit deeper and enjoy them in more nuanced ways when they're heard out of context.
    Fascinating statement.  Lots to unpack here. If you talk like this in your everyday normal speech, I'd like to listen.  Like a really interesting professor from my college days. 
    Ha, don't let me fool ya. For real tho, I've listened to Ten so many times that Evenflow, for example, sometimes gets diluted as the song after Once and before Alive. However, take it, and for that matter Pearl Jam, out of context and unexpectedly hear it get played on The Spectrum and you might listen to it in different ways.

Similar scenario...I keep a bunch of music, most of which is not Pearl Jam, on my phone. Last week while driving, random shuffling songs via bluetooth, Hard To Imagine comes on. First time I'd heard it in a while. It was like a gift and I listened to the hell out of it, ears and full attention bent into it.
    Makes complete sense.  Both examples.  
    Im picturing a Great Dane driving a car, ears straight up. Hard to Imagine come on and the ears angle towards the speakers. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    pjhawks said:
    change the radio station when you hear your favorite band?  this one takes the cake as the dumbest thing written here in 2018 (and maybe ever)
    Why you no read OP post?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't listen to the radio, but if I did, no.
    I find that I hook up my phone to the tape deck and play my Spotify playlists, which spoils regular radio for me. I have a 2004 Matrix with an evil CD player & no Sirius so I do listen to regular radio in the car, if I don't hook up my phone. 

What's a tape deck?
    ;)'
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:

Im picturing a Great Dane driving a car, ears straight up. Hard to Imagine come on and the ears angle towards the speakers. 
    Love it...nice imagery, my friend! :sunglasses:

What's not shown in the pic is the car that the dog is driving :lol:
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,213
    jjflash said:
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:

That's ok I found it!

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    Yellow Ledbetter is a curse for me. I have been pulled over and ticketed twice while that song was on the radio.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,363
    lolobugg said:
    Yellow Ledbetter is a curse for me. I have been pulled over and ticketed twice while that song was on the radio.
    Spin the Black Circle for me, 2 car accidents...thank goodness not bad...neither was me speeding!
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Got nailed thanks to Porch on the Greenville 16 boot. The officer took pity on me and didn't ticket my actual speed which would have pushed it up to a reckless charge. It was rather late in the evening on the freeway with very little traffic. I love catching PJ on the radio and happily sing along to any song.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    tbergs said:
    jjflash said:
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:
    Milestone said:
    jjflash said:

That's ok I found it!

Absolutely hilarious!  Both pictures. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.