ISO Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon

Comments

• gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    If anyone wants to try 2014 Birthday Bourbon.  I’ll probably trade a shot for a sticker I need lol.  I hated it. 
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    First time I have ever seen this in WV; found this evening...  Cheers!
    It’s real hard to find but I’ve had it at a buddy’s place. Damn good bourbon. Enjoy! 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Was able to try Pappy 23 the other day in a special tasting event. Delicious. I was hoping I wouldn’t like it
    hippiemom = goodness
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    The PA BTAC lottery winner emails are coming in. I won a bottle of the George T. Stagg for a second year in a row. Any other winners?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I went to my local and they are "randomly" putting pappy on the shelves
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

And then there's  this.....

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Nice haul! Were they unable/unwilling to get you the George T Stagg and William Larue Weller? 

I grabbed an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof last night. Was very pleased with that. The big ones haven’t hit yet where I’m at. 
  • mikegsmikegs Chicago Posts: 46
    Blanton is great!! Try eagle rare also! Delicious!! 
    Never had pappy. One day I will hunt it down. Prost Cheers!
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    First time I have ever seen this in WV; found this evening...  Cheers!
    That's some good stuff!!! Cheers!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • JB198244JB198244 Western NY Posts: 47
    Just picked up another bottle of Blanton's. Was looking for Pappy, but found out the owner of the store gets first dibs on every bottle. So that means no pappy for me.
  • JB198244 said:
    Just picked up another bottle of Blanton's. Was looking for Pappy, but found out the owner of the store gets first dibs on every bottle. So that means no pappy for me.
    I thought the Pappy release wasn't until Christmas?
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    JB198244 said:
    I thought the Pappy release wasn't until Christmas?
    Van Winkles were just released in Kentucky this week and should start popping up in other states very soon. 
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Scored a Rip. The owner said he may get some Pappy in two weeks. Will have to keep checking.
    Scored a Rip. The owner said he may get some Pappy in two weeks. Will have to keep checking.
    Nice
    Coming to Michigan after thanksgiving 

• Your store has this?

Your store has this?
    Not out on a shelf
    Came in for a special  order

• Your store has this?
    Not out on a shelf
    What are they selling it for?  $6K?

Your store has this?
    Not out on a shelf
    There's actually 5 of them and I'm told no ginormous markup.

• Your store has this?
    Not out on a shelf
    There's actually 5 of them and I'm told no ginormous markup.
    Oh man you need to get one then.  No mark up means very worthwhile getting and drinking!
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436

Your store has this?
    Not out on a shelf

That’s $4000 Canadian at the LCBO’s Here in Ontario
    if you can find it 
  • DavidD said:

Your store has this?
    Not out on a shelf

That’s $4000 Canadian at the LCBO’s Here in Ontario
    if you can find it 
    I haven't tried it but I'd almost rather buy a bottle of Louis...

Prove me wrong someone.

I have had the Louis XIII and LOVED it.
    edited October 2018
    Watching the Boston Red Sox win the World Series with my dad meant the world to me and meant that it was time for a “bunker raid” - 2017 William Larue Weller (recently annointed "Whiskey of the Year" by Jim Murray - who only helps to complicate the bourbon craze).  Anyway, this is absolutely, positively delicious.  Two bottles of the '17 vintage remain in my bunker.  

Post edited by BRAIN0FJAY on
  • Bought a small batch bottle of Elijah Craig.

I'll report back after I try it.

So I have a spot where I can get some Pappy.  Well it changed owners last year so I had to make friends w the new manager who hooked me up w a bottle of 10 last year.  Well he just left that job and now I have to shmooze the new manager...

Guy was very nice though and hopefully he hooks me up this year.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Watching the Boston Red Sox win the World Series with my dad meant the world to me and meant that it was time for a “bunker raid” - 2017 William Larue Weller (recently annointed "Whiskey of the Year" by Jim Murray - who only helps to complicate the bourbon craze).  Anyway, this is absolutely, positively delicious.  Two bottles of the '17 vintage remain in my bunker.  

Congrats!!!  On the World Series and scoring multiple bottles of the Weller!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

Thanks and thanks.  The multiples thing was dumb "luck" last year (had to drop a prescription off at the pharmacy for a sinus infection...the pharmacy also sells liquor, so I went to the liquor aisle to kill time waiting for the Rx...turns out it was delivery day and there a case (and some other goodies) sat on a cart ready to be put on the shelf).  I don't expect to have another bourbon season like last year's.
  • Watching the Boston Red Sox win the World Series with my dad meant the world to me and meant that it was time for a “bunker raid” - 2017 William Larue Weller (recently annointed "Whiskey of the Year" by Jim Murray - who only helps to complicate the bourbon craze).  Anyway, this is absolutely, positively delicious.  Two bottles of the '17 vintage remain in my bunker.  

Thanks and thanks.  The multiples thing was dumb "luck" last year (had to drop a prescription off at the pharmacy for a sinus infection...the pharmacy also sells liquor, so I went to the liquor aisle to kill time waiting for the Rx...turns out it was delivery day and there a case (and some other goodies) sat on a cart ready to be put on the shelf).  I don't expect to have another bourbon season like last year's.
    Oh hot damn then you paid face for the bottles?  $90?!?

This discussion has been closed.