Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    No, save yourself for a Mildred or Shirley. Agnes's are nothing but trouble.
  • Yes
    You only live once!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    She is wise..listen to her..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yes
    Annafalk said:
    So have you asked her yet? :) 
    I'll ask tomorrow. But at the same time I don't want to ruin our "share a beer once everY 2 months"-relationship. Either.

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    Soooooo? What's the verdict?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Annafalk said:
    I'll ask tomorrow. But at the same time I don't want to ruin our "share a beer once everY 2 months"-relationship. Either.

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    I'll ask tonite... Not completely ready for rejection just yet. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Annafalk said:

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    Be brave dude!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    Annafalk said:

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    Be brave dude!!
    I just want to add, to be transparent to this fine group, that I don't really care about being rejected in life or whatever... it's more that we are pretty good friends. That's why it for once in my life feels stupid. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Yes
    I say use humour . Like said above. Girls in general like a guy who can make them smile or laugh. I'm a fuckin clown. And I have lots of female friends. Be the clown
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    No
    23scidoo said:
    Annafalk said:

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    Be brave dude!!
    I just want to add, to be transparent to this fine group, that I don't really care about being rejected in life or whatever... it's more that we are pretty good friends. That's why it for once in my life feels stupid. 
    Do you have a mutual friend who can act as a go-between? Someone who can feel her out, so you wouldn't have to worry about weirdness if she just wants to stay friends?

23scidoo said:
    A handsome greek man said I am wise. It doesn't get any better than that! I should visit this place more often. ;)
  • Be the clown

No
    lastexitlondon said:
     Girls in general like a guy who can make them smile.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Yes
    Fake your own death and see how emotional she is at your phony funeral.  This is your only reasonable option to keep the friendship if she doesn't have those feelings for you.
    edited October 2018
    Yes

Or, you could tell her a story that you have this friend who has been hanging out with this girl every once in a while and wants to ask her out.  He is concerned though if she says no it could make things awkward.  If she says he should go for it, then you bust out "well, this friend was actually me" and then you are golden from there.  Is she says no than your friend is stuck.  Another foolproof plan from the Bootlegger. 

• Yes
    Fake your own death and see how emotional she is at your phony funeral.  This is your only reasonable option to keep the friendship if she doesn't have those feelings for you.
    Now this made me laugh. Very good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    23scidoo said:
    Annafalk said:

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    Be brave dude!!
    Do you have a mutual friend who can act as a go-between? Someone who can feel her out, so you wouldn't have to worry about weirdness if she just wants to stay friends?

23scidoo said:
    A handsome greek man said I am wise. It doesn't get any better than that! I should visit this place more often. ;)
    You should!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes

Final idea from the Bootlegger:   Print out this message board thread for Agnes to read.  And then after she reads it and looks up, you have your arms out Peter Griffin style and say a couple times, "come on.....come on...".   See clip below as I cannot upload memes or photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRQD0tK8h0

I am single handily ruining your thread.  I apologize. 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes

Annafalk said:

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    I have been Agnes in this kind of scenario, and I can guarantee you that asking now is far better than not asking, or waiting indefinitely because you fear rejection. That will not end well, I promise.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Annafalk said:

Whatever. She'll saY no.
    I have been Agnes in this kind of scenario, and I can guarantee you that asking now is far better than not asking, or waiting indefinitely because you fear rejection. That will not end well, I promise.
    Just wanna point out, I just have a little "why not, she's cute and fun" crush. I'm not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suPCjHYQDIY

edited October 2018
    No
    The only thing more romantic than creating a poll in a girl's honor is the "why not, she's cute and fun" sentiment...like you're hitting on someone in an orphanage. 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    Don't boof on the first date.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yes
    The only thing more romantic than creating a poll in a girl's honor is the "why not, she's cute and fun" sentiment...like you're hitting on someone in an orphanage. 
    :lol: Good point.
    Sounds like you've known her for years S_C, and you've only gotten to the "cute and fun, why not?" stage... maybe she's not for you after all... :pensive:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sounds like you've known her for years S_C, and you've only gotten to the "cute and fun, why not?" stage... maybe she's not for you after all... :pensive:
    Maybe not. But she was open to watching A Nightmare on Elm Street. And at 34 and miserable -- THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

And yeah, I studied with her for two years. And after that we've kept in touch. She even tried to get me a job at her agency. So she's cool. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Yes
    Excellent 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Yes
    A Nightmare on Elm Street is a good movie.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    A Nightmare on Elm Street is a good movie.
    One of the trulY greats.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe not. But she was open to watching A Nightmare on Elm Street. And at 34 and miserable -- THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

And yeah, I studied with her for two years. And after that we've kept in touch. She even tried to get me a job at her agency. So she's cool. 
    Wait, the two of you watched a movie alone? That s a date in my experience. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Wait, the two of you watched a movie alone? That s a date in my experience. 
    I go and see movies with guys all the time, and they're not dates. I just had a man over to my place on Friday night and we watched a movie there. He's a friend. Men and women can do stuff platonically. It's only a date if both parties know it's a date, lol.
  • She showed interest to watching ANOES. We have onlY seen films together in group.

But like PJSoul saYs , I have several female friends Ive watched films etc with
    No
    Serious question: Should you start dating someone when you're  miserable? 
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    Serious question: Should you start dating someone when you're  miserable? 
    Probably makes sense for the miserable person to give it a shot, but it's not great to start dating someone who is miserable.