Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My buddy just had this at a place called Bruno s in Clifton, nj.  He is a self proclaimed pizza chaser and said it could have been the best pizza he ever had. 

What’s that orangish stuff on the bottom left square? It looks like thousand island dressing. Lol 
    Pecorino Romano. 
    I love the heavy sauce with less cheese. The pie looks delicious. I’m starting to second guess where Chicago ranks in the big picture of pie quality. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,848
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My buddy just had this at a place called Bruno s in Clifton, nj.  He is a self proclaimed pizza chaser and said it could have been the best pizza he ever had. 

What’s that orangish stuff on the bottom left square? It looks like thousand island dressing. Lol 
    Pecorino Romano. 
    I love the heavy sauce with less cheese. The pie looks delicious. I’m starting to second guess where Chicago ranks in the big picture of pie quality. 
    Miles ahead of Canada. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pecorino Romano. 
    Miles ahead of Canada. 
    That college slop of a pizza joint I had in Boston is miles ahead of Canada. ;) 
  • Options
    @bbiggs do they sell slices of deep dish or is that not possible because of the structure of the pizza?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    @bbiggs do they sell slices of deep dish or is that not possible because of the structure of the pizza?
    Hmmm...I have never come across slices of true deep dish. I don’t think they sell them that way. They want you to go all in and over-indulge like an animal. 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Got to say I ran into a great guy standing in the beer line at Fenway and because it was mine and his 1st trip to Fenway, he had to buy me a hotdog from Fenway park. He said you can't come all that way from Canada and not get a hotdog from Fenway. So I let him buy me one, when I all I really wanted was another beer. Have to say it wasn't all that bad or atleast it hit the spot at the moment.
    On a side note, the beer sales had stopped, so the hotdog was atleast worth the wait in line :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Fenway Frank's.  Used to sling them in the stands and hand to you a package of spicy mustard with it.  Sounds like they use yellow, now.  :(
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    I think it was just yellow, the spicy would have been nice
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pecorino Romano. 
    Miles ahead of Canada. 

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    BLACK35 said:
    Got to say I ran into a great guy standing in the beer line at Fenway and because it was mine and his 1st trip to Fenway, he had to buy me a hotdog from Fenway park. He said you can't come all that way from Canada and not get a hotdog from Fenway. So I let him buy me one, when I all I really wanted was another beer. Have to say it wasn't all that bad or atleast it hit the spot at the moment.
    On a side note, the beer sales had stopped, so the hotdog was atleast worth the wait in line :)

funny how we want to pay when we’re drinking.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    BLACK35 said:

Lol. That’s true. Drinking always extends the alligator arms a bit. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:
    BLACK35 said:

alligator arms was a good geico commercial.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:
    BLACK35 said:

alligator arms was a good geico commercial.
    It’s one of my favorite terms. Whenever my buddies are being cheap, they have alligator arms. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    BLACK35 said:

Thanks for breakfast, again, by the way. 

:smile:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:
    BLACK35 said:

Protein shake?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Anniversary dinner.  Seafood salad, stuffed artichoke, mahi mahi, filet mug on/lobster, tiramisu, tartufo. 

• Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    dankind said:
    Wobbie said:
    BLACK35 said:

Protein shake?
    Hahaha
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Happy Anniversary
  • Options
    Looks incredible, Mike. Especially that mahi mahi with mango. Happy Anniversary! 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    That seafood salad looks great.
  • Options
    The seafood salad was amazing.  Mahi was on point too. Six years of bliss, thanks everyone. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Happy Anniversary, Mike! It’s my anniversary as well. One year ago today I landed in the hospital with a stroke. My celebratory dinner spread wasn’t as fancy, but it held the fort.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Happy Anniversary, Mike! It’s my anniversary as well. One year ago today I landed in the hospital with a stroke. My celebratory dinner spread wasn’t as fancy, but it held the fort.

Pizza looks good. I had pepperoni last night, too, because this thread had me craving pizza. I hope you are well now. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Corner of homemade Sicilian and a cheap Italian red.
  • Options
    Looks good!
    (And happy one year, Cory!)
  • Options

Pizza looks great!  Hope all is good bud!!
  • Options
    Looks good!
    (And happy one year, Cory!)
    +1! 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    That one is from the hometown staple, Hartley's.  I wouldn't send their pies to the Pepsi challenge, but it's good comfort food.  It's one of those things that if you're form here and you move away, you have to get it when you come back for a visit.  They do cut corners (like using frozen crust unless you specify "fresh dough" when you order - which I always do) but they are always busy and yet they're fast, reliable, & inexpensive.
    And thanks for the kind words, guys!  I just wanted to get through the weekend unscathed. Now that I have a full year under my belt without incident, I think the burden of knowing it happened might start to wear off.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    That one is from the hometown staple, Hartley's.  I wouldn't send their pies to the Pepsi challenge, but it's good comfort food.  It's one of those things that if you're form here and you move away, you have to get it when you come back for a visit.  They do cut corners (like using frozen crust unless you specify "fresh dough" when you order - which I always do) but they are always busy and yet they're fast, reliable, & inexpensive.
    And thanks for the kind words, guys!  I just wanted to get through the weekend unscathed. Now that I have a full year under my belt without incident, I think the burden of knowing it happened might start to wear off.
    The year out can definitely have a way of relieving some anxiety. Take care, Dyer.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

This one's a good one!

Gee, Dyer... I didn't know about your condition. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Thank gawd you or someone else recognized the symptoms early and got you medical attention!
    "My brain's a good brain!"