Options

Elizabeth Warren and Her Ancestry. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    I thought this was pretty funny:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't, because even a dumb meme meant to be funny, but that twists a bunch of truths and confirms some lies, will be taken by plenty of Trump supporters as gospel. That's how they operate.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

But Team Trump Treason doesn’t have time to visit the troops in, say, Afghanistan. Woot! ‘Murica.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't, because even a dumb meme meant to be funny, but that twists a bunch of truths and confirms some lies, will be taken by plenty of Trump supporters as gospel. That's how they operate.
    Regardless, I still thought it was funny. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Because it is funny... whether people realize it or not she looks like a total ass to most people now because of this, not him
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    One good thing could come out of this- it might make a few more people aware of who she is.  Then, if she runs for president and gets to debate Trump, they'll soon see who the real idiot is.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    One good thing could come out of this- it might make a few more people aware of who she is.  Then, if she runs for president and gets to debate Trump, they'll soon see who the real idiot is.
    She is toast in a general now, forget it
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    brianlux said:

Said every opponent of Trump's in the Republican primary and Hillary Clinton in the general.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Is it contrarian when I call out Warren for looking like a total jackass? Because frankly she looks like a fool now and is toast in a general, this is a total anchor around her ankle in regards to national office, and being a progressive looking for political prospects, that doesnt make me very happy. 

Only the most devout kool aid drinker could say this proved she is of NA heritage, which I've actually read here, and thinks this doesnt look bad. And then of course there is the hair splitting by my friends on the left trying to justify/explain it away. Progressives better start keeping it real and owning shit or this dude is sticking around for 6 more years, while stormy tweets about his dick lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    brianlux said:
    She is toast in a general now, forget it
    Toaaaast...  mmmm,   toaaaast...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

Said every opponent of Trump's in the Republican primary and Hillary Clinton in the general.
    True- I stated the obvious. 
    Macht nichts to me- I wouldn't waste my time watching.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'm surprised he didn't send the $975 check.  For Trump's standards, he pretty much let this one go the wayside.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    I'm surprised he didn't send the $975 check.  For Trump's standards, he pretty much let this one go the wayside.  
    He knows the damage is done and can just keep it in his back pocket.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    This is a potential problem for the Democratic primary moreso than the general election. There either is a better nominee or there is not. Every politician has warts and every politician has weaknesses that will be exploited by the opposition. If the Dems can find someone better then nominate that person. But if they can't and this is the only reason why then they will have shot themselves in the foot.

If Warren is the nominee, and the opponent is Trump, anyone voting for him over her while claiming they did so because of ancestry while discounting all of Trump's flaws is completely and totally full of shit. If false claims, misstatements and lies bother you only when one party makes them then it isn't really about any false claim, misstatement or lie. It's about rooting for one team over the other, nothing more.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    This is going to be an issue for the democrats.   In trying to lay landmines for the GOP, they will eventually step on one themselves.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    This is going to be an issue for the democrats.   In trying to lay landmines for the GOP, they will eventually step on one themselves.  
    In the past, yes, but the GOP stepped on a nuclear bomb in 2016 and 63 million Republicans still turned out to vote for Trump. Nothing on the Right matters anymore.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Jason P said:
    In the past, yes, but the GOP stepped on a nuclear bomb in 2016 and 63 million Republicans still turned out to vote for Trump. Nothing on the Right matters anymore.
    Hillary forgot to lay landmines in the midwest.  Easy to do if you never go there!  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    JimmyV said:
    Jason P said:
    Hillary forgot to lay landmines in the midwest.  Easy to do if you never go there!  
    No argument there, but if all we knew about Trump wasn't explosive enough then nothing was going to be.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    This is a potential problem for the Democratic primary moreso than the general election. There either is a better nominee or there is not. Every politician has warts and every politician has weaknesses that will be exploited by the opposition. If the Dems can find someone better then nominate that person. But if they can't and this is the only reason why then they will have shot themselves in the foot.

If Warren is the nominee, and the opponent is Trump, anyone voting for him over her while claiming they did so because of ancestry while discounting all of Trump's flaws is completely and totally full of shit. If false claims, misstatements and lies bother you only when one party makes them then it isn't really about any false claim, misstatement or lie. It's about rooting for one team over the other, nothing more.
    She is beyond tainted now, whether people like it or not. Unfortunately. Dont shoot the messenger
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Jason P said:
    JimmyV said:
    Jason P said:
    No argument there, but if all we knew about Trump wasn't explosive enough then nothing was going to be.
    Trump is like an unconventional video game boss that is going to need to be beaten with unconventional methods that the democrats have yet to figure out.  Landmines make him stronger.  

My advice to democrats ... pull out your PS1, pop in Metal Gear Solid and get to the Psycho Mantis boss fight and don't go on Youtube to figure out how to win.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

She is beyond tainted now, whether people like it or not. Unfortunately. Dont shoot the messenger
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'll take the "tainted" candidate over the sitting President who will be mired in a Supreme Court case regarding whether or not he can pardon himself.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'll take the "tainted" candidate over the sitting President who will be mired in a Supreme Court case regarding whether or not he can pardon himself.

not me, not worth the risk. she will not be getting my vote in the primary, you can bet that. I need someone that will beat this fucking guy, and Pocahontas isn't the one. I had some hopes, but alas, she shot herself in the foot 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

not me, not worth the risk. she will not be getting my vote in the primary, you can bet that. I need someone that will beat this fucking guy, and Pocahontas isn't the one. I had some hopes, but alas, she shot herself in the foot 

I'm not a huge Warren fan but it seems he can grab pussies all day and become potus* and she can talk about how her grandparent didnt want her parents to get married due to her moms family lineage and she is eliminated.

The bias by moderates and dems against the left is the biggest problem affecting America 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm not a huge Warren fan but it seems he can grab pussies all day and become potus* and she can talk about how her grandparent didnt want her parents to get married due to her moms family lineage and she is eliminated.

The bias by moderates and dems against the left is the biggest problem affecting America 
    I'm not going to vote for her in the primary because I know she has no shot in a general election now, it at least that's my opinion. And this coming from a guy planning to try and vote for women straight down the ballot if possible 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm not going to vote for her in the primary because I know she has no shot in a general election now, it at least that's my opinion. And this coming from a guy planning to try and vote for women straight down the ballot if possible 

I get that, but potus* will have a nasty attack and nickname for any opponent.

So what's the dems choices, Avenatti or Sean Penn, someone who will go curse for curse with him?

The media helped trump obliterate her this week, and the Indian thing was a legitimate family origin story of her parents marriage. I suspect her only alternative now is after her election to literally say fu^k you media, this really happened in my family and you took the liars side. Using curses and all.

I'm not going after you, I'm noting that there's an inherent bias against the dems by the media.

While the right gets to vote for a p grabber and Russian collaborator, there are unrealistic  expectations that the dems will be true to our democracy while at the same time, nasty enough to fight trump in the election. 

Almost as tough as landing a royal flush.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

So what's the dems choices, Avenatti or Sean Penn, someone who will go curse for curse with him?

The media helped trump obliterate her this week, and the Indian thing was a legitimate family origin story of her parents marriage. I suspect her only alternative now is after her election to literally say fu^k you media, this really happened in my family and you took the liars side. Using curses and all.

I'm not going after you, I'm noting that there's an inherent bias against the dems by the media.

While the right gets to vote for a p grabber and Russian collaborator, there are unrealistic  expectations that the dems will be true to our democracy while at the same time, nasty enough to fight trump in the election. 

Biden.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden.
    Ugh. Old white lifetime politician that is creepy as hell? Surely the Dems can and will do better than that...I hope. Cause for fucks sake, they already made me actually vote for Hillary, and if Joe ran I’d have to vote for him....and I’ll throw up in my mouth as I do it.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Well I'm a poker player so I enjoy the royal flush analogy...

But on your first point, his rude attacks against Pocahontas has been validated in the minds of most, so she is done in my opinion. It would guarantee 4 more in my opinion, unfortunately 
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited October 2018
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:
    my2hands said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden.
    Ugh. Old white lifetime politician that is creepy as hell? Surely the Dems can and will do better than that...I hope. Cause for fucks sake, they already made me actually vote for Hillary, and if Joe ran I’d have to vote for him....and I’ll throw up in my mouth as I do it.

Here is where we are far apart, I just don't understand why him being white matters.

If we said old black lifetime politician would it be an equal argument? Why would being black matter? 

Policies matter, nothing else.
  • Options