The Pizza Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    We need a Hot Dog thread so the wonderful people from Chicagoland can reign supreme.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Hahaha.  I can tell you that in my own experience there is no comparison.
    The Manco and Manco ones that I have posted are delightfully light.  Tricks your brain when you bite in.

Some are heavier than normal but not those.
    The proof is in how many pieces I can eat, to me.

Lou's stuffed me with the personal pie.  (Not for long, though!)
    Man, that sounds so good! I don’t know of a local spot to get one that’s done proper like that. I’ll definitely be on the lookout. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    We need a Hot Dog thread so the wonderful people from Chicagoland can reign supreme.
    That’ll just turn into 50 pages of @rgambs trying to justify ketchup. :lol:

Besides, we already have the pizza thread. It belongs to all of us who love pizza, no matter where we’re from or what we like, we all appreciate pizza. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

oh.yes!!! I love hot dogs even if they don't love me.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wobbie said:

oh.yes!!! I love hot dogs even if they don't love me.
    I know of at least one Troll-Loving Hot Dog
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My hot dog experience is always the same: Sabrett’s hot dog with either mustard on it or melted cheese.  Potato roll is killer. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I can eat the dirty-water-dog but prefer a natural casing dog with a swipe of good mustard on a side cut roll.
    As much as there are 30 different ways to eat them (and 20+ of those just involving mustard) I have to give Chicago their due for that glorious concoction.  It is the fucking tits.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2018
    I can eat the dirty-water-dog but prefer a natural casing dog with a swipe of good mustard on a side cut roll.
    As much as there are 30 different ways to eat them (and 20+ of those just involving mustard) I have to give Chicago their due for that glorious concoction.  It is the fucking tits.

This. Exactly this. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I’ve thought long and hard about this, but on behalf of all Chicagoans that frequent The Pizza Thread, we cannot accept such generosity. It would not be right to reign supreme in the pizza AND hot dog threads. 
    bbiggs said:
    I’ve thought long and hard about this, but on behalf of all Chicagoans that frequent The Pizza Thread, we cannot accept such generosity. It would not be right to reign supreme in the pizza AND hot dog threads. 
    :rofl:
    touche
    Mustard & relish is my go-to. Sometime's I'll add onion.
    Chili & mustard
    Chili, mustard, & onion
    Chili, mustard, & nacho cheese
    Chili, mustard, & slaw ("West Virginia slaw dog")
    Chicago dog

Supermarket hod dog brands I like: Nathan's, Hebrew National, Sugardale, Kunzler, Vienna Beef, Esskay, Hatfield
    Mustard & relish is my go-to. Sometime's I'll add onion.
    Chili & mustard
    Chili, mustard, & onion
    Chili, mustard, & nacho cheese
    Chili, mustard, & slaw ("West Virginia slaw dog")
    Chicago dog

Supermarket hod dog brands I like: Nathan's, Hebrew National, Sugardale, Kunzler, Vienna Beef, Esskay, Hatfield
    Those all sound good.
    Mustard is standard.  Chopped (raw) onion is a bonus.  I can deal with relish.
    Nacho cheese is the only one of those things I would pass on....

Boars Head natural casing, all beef.  Put those fuckers on the grill. 

I could even eat it with ketchup on it, although I would feel like a 4 year old who doesn't know the proper way to eat a hot dog.
    ;)

No yellow mustard, though. I was fucking livid that Fenway switched to yellow mustard this year. The only people who like that shit are children, and they ain't buying season tickets, motherfuckers!

Now with being said, I go with mustard and kraut, mustard and relish, mustard and onion sauce or just mustard. But always mustard -- Nathan's, Gold's or Gulden's deli (aka, spicy brown) mustard.

Actually, the rooster sauce is pretty good on a dog, too, but I've gotta be in the mood for that. I bet a rooster sauce, nacho cheese dog would be good, maybe with a little chili.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    No yellow mustard, though. I was fucking livid that Fenway switched to yellow mustard this year. The only people who like that shit are children, and they ain't buying season tickets, motherfuckers!

Now with being said, I go with mustard and kraut, mustard and relish, mustard and onion sauce or just mustard. But always mustard -- Nathan's, Gold's or Gulden's deli (aka, spicy brown) mustard.

Actually, the rooster sauce is pretty good on a dog, too, but I've gotta be in the mood for that. I bet a rooster sauce, nacho cheese dog would be good, maybe with a little chili.
    The beer mustard I bought at your suggestion was fucking awesome.  Need to order some more
    dankind said:

I was bombed the other night around the campfire and my neighbors broke out a pack of sabrett's.  We cooked them over the fire and the only thing they had was yellow mustard.  Now it could have been due to the fact that I had way too many spa's but that yellow mustard tasted good as hell.
  • I've been inspired.

This weekend... I'm brewing up a pot of chili. I'm going to grill some smokies and feed the family chili dogs. Toasted buns. Cheese.

"My brain's a good brain!"
    Sriracha & cream cheese on a bacon-wrapped dog... that's some good stuff.
    I tend to use yellow mustard on hot dogs, sometimes I'll switch it up to deli but usually yellow.  Usually when I only top it with mustard, or mustard and onions, I'll use deli.  And always deli on a Polish/German sausage! No exceptions.
    I’m late to all this hot dog and mustard talk, but I absolutely love mustard on most things; definitely a dog.  I like fancy mustard on some food, but for a hot dog, yellow mustard is the winner. A proper dog should include a wiener (Hebrew National preferred), bun (poppy seeds preferred), mustard, relish, onion (raw), a pickle spear, sport peppers and celery salt. Tomato is optional.  Oh baby...now that’s a hot dog! 
    bbiggs said:
    I’m late to all this hot dog and mustard talk, but I absolutely love mustard on most things; definitely a dog.  I like fancy mustard on some food, but for a hot dog, yellow mustard is the winner. A proper dog should include a wiener (Hebrew National preferred), bun (poppy seeds preferred), mustard, relish, onion (raw), a pickle spear, sport peppers and celery salt. Tomato is optional.  Oh baby...now that’s a hot dog! 
    Radiactive green relish, at that.
    bbiggs said:
    Radiactive green relish, at that.
    You know it! 
    That sounds awesome
    My buddy just had this at a place called Bruno s in Clifton, nj.  He is a self proclaimed pizza chaser and said it could have been the best pizza he ever had. 

I feel like that was in the Best Of list from r NJ, would have to go back and look

Looks good.
    Now I want pizza or hot dogs for dinner.

I feel like that was in the Best Of list from r NJ, would have to go back and look

Looks good.
    Now I want pizza or hot dogs for dinner.

It was. Definitely on the top five. 
    Pizza night for us, but I usually just have some salad.

#northshoremassholepizzasucks
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I feel like I've heard of that place. The only time I've ever been remotely close to there though was 19 yrs ago when I stayed with my gf's family in Weehawken. But I don't recall having or hearing of it then.
    mcgruff10 said:
    My buddy just had this at a place called Bruno s in Clifton, nj.  He is a self proclaimed pizza chaser and said it could have been the best pizza he ever had. 

What’s that orangish stuff on the bottom left square? It looks like thousand island dressing. Lol 
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

What’s that orangish stuff on the bottom left square? It looks like thousand island dressing. Lol 
    Pecorino Romano. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pecorino Romano. 
    The fuck did you just call me? :bring_it:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pecorino Romano. 
    The fuck did you just call me? :bring_it:

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"