Options

Am I a troll?

I've been described as a troll....even by the mods for the MMA thread....I don't mean/try to be....it's just that sometimes the sports circle jerks need another point of view. I love y'all, except for maybe 1-3 people....and I don't think you can really "troll" on the AET...the MT, for sure, but I stay away from there.
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Am I a troll? 24 votes

yes, ya f**cking troll
37%
darwinstheorypapi34Cliffy6745MalrotheeriepadaveF Me In The Brainwall232tempo_n_groovenortherndragon 9 votes
no, it's all in good fun
41%
The Jugglermarkymark550lolobuggHesCalledDyerJK_LivinBLACK35brianluxPJ_Soul1ThoughtKnownGtilley8 10 votes
I don't even know what you're talking about
20%
releaseNYmfc2006Empty GlasseddiecAnnafalk 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    no, it's all in good fun
    Does Madison Bumgarner shit in the woods?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    he does....after he milks the cows and hunts down dinner.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Depends on whether I’m one of the 1-3 people or not. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    you're not.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Huh?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Huh?

ask the sox/philly/d**gers/cubs/MMA guys about that.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    yes, ya f**cking troll
    Who just came on my sneaker thread to post something sneaker related...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,786
    if you have to ask.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766
    edited October 2018
    yes, ya f**cking troll
    ^Thinks he is one of the 1-3

Having a debate about any player/team in a 2018 MLB season thread is perfectly fine. 

Repeatedly jumping onto a Cubs fans thread to vomit various degrees of hatred all over is trollish behavior. Nothing we can't take, but we may also be inclined to call a spade, a spade. 

Think of it as how some cities have bars/pubs specifically geared towards out of town teams. So, for example, say there is a Notre Dame themed bar in New York City. On Saturday's in the fall, the place is packed chock full of Irish fans. A place set up specifically for Irish fans to hang out with one another and share a common bond. Then, as the Irish are playing USC, a USC fan runs in there and acts obnoxious. That particular fan would be exhibiting trollish behavior. 

Now, the fans from each team, plus fans from other teams and put them all at a B-dubs. Bantering of all sorts becomes acceptable. 

Either way, it's all good.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Hello everyone, love you all !!! :)
  • Options
    I find most things funny .
    I also find 1-3 people all the time being overly rude or just asshats.  
    I say love and laugh if possible  and yes let's keep calling out the obvious idiots.
    Light hearted fun is good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Someone had a few too many PBR’s.  What a way to start my day :lol:

You’re no troll...a curmudgeon, but no troll 

#Rob
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Your only problem is the secret love you carry for Tiger Woods.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    yes, ya f**cking troll

Having a debate about any player/team in a 2018 MLB season thread is perfectly fine. 

Repeatedly jumping onto a Cubs fans thread to vomit various degrees of hatred all over is trollish behavior. Nothing we can't take, but we may also be inclined to call a spade, a spade. 

Think of it as how some cities have bars/pubs specifically geared towards out of town teams. So, for example, say there is a Notre Dame themed bar in New York City. On Saturday's in the fall, the place is packed chock full of Irish fans. A place set up specifically for Irish fans to hang out with one another and share a common bond. Then, as the Irish are playing USC, a USC fan runs in there and acts obnoxious. That particular fan would be exhibiting trollish behavior. 

Now, the fans from each team, plus fans from other teams and put them all at a B-dubs. Bantering of all sorts becomes acceptable. 

Wob, you troll the fuck out of people in those threads.  No other way to call it.
    You know we are buddies and I laugh at your activities....but it is Troll Behavior.

I would walk into a Notre Dame bar in NYC....look around and see a bunch of douchelords dressed up like leprechauns and walk the heck back out.  Nothing worse than a bunch of grown men pining for a lisping wierdo and a lardass coach named "Charlie Ate The Chocolate Factory"
    :)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Trolls are make believe, dummy. 

If they were real, they’d probably have better taste in music and smell better than you.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    no, it's all in good fun
    All in good fun. You might say some things to annoy people, but I don't think you're intentionally baiting them into an Internet fight. If everyone said and thought the same things, this would be an awfully boring world.
  • Options

The very premise of that story demonstrates that sports fans take sports, and themselves, far too seriously :lol:  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited October 2018
    no, it's all in good fun
    Being an a-hole and being a troll aren't the same thing. =);):peace:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    yes, ya f**cking troll

The very premise of that story demonstrates that sports fans take sports, and themselves, far too seriously :lol:  
    Yes, yes we do. :lol:

Maybe for those not into sports, a good example would be:

A bunch of us PJ fans (in place of Notre Dame fans [darwinstheory]) are standing in a 3 hour merch line waiting for a poster. When all of a sudden, a Nickleback fan and a Kid Rock fan (in place of USC and Michigan fans [F Me In The Brain]) get in line behind us and start just talking shit about PJ for no reason.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    yes, ya f**cking troll
    :rofl:

• Options
    yes, ya f**cking troll

Wob, you troll the fuck out of people in those threads.  No other way to call it.
    You know we are buddies and I laugh at your activities....but it is Troll Behavior.

I would walk into a Notre Dame bar in NYC....look around and see a bunch of douchelords dressed up like leprechauns and walk the heck back out.  Nothing worse than a bunch of grown men pining for a lisping wierdo and a lardass coach named "Charlie Ate The Chocolate Factory"

I was thinking maybe walking into such an establishment may do you some good. It would be a real breath of fresh air for you. And I'm sure we can find a leprechaun outfit for you as well....and even your very own personalized shillelagh.

Clay Helton - a skinny mans 2018 version of Charlie "10 year contract extension" Heist. I hope your program feels that things are progressing well for you wanna be Roman's and they sign the whole coaching staff to a 5 year extension. 
  • Options
    yes, ya f**cking troll

I was thinking maybe walking into such an establishment may do you some good. It would be a real breath of fresh air for you. And I'm sure we can find a leprechaun outfit for you as well....and even your very own personalized shillelagh.

Clay Helton - a skinny mans 2018 version of Charlie "10 year contract extension" Heist. I hope your program feels that things are progressing well for you wanna be Roman's and they sign the whole coaching staff to a 5 year extension. 
    I bet you do!
    (They will all be fired after the season, is what I hope.)
  • Options

Yes, yes we do. :lol:

Maybe for those not into sports, a good example would be:

A bunch of us PJ fans (in place of Notre Dame fans [darwinstheory]) are standing in a 3 hour merch line waiting for a poster. When all of a sudden, a Nickleback fan and a Kid Rock fan (in place of USC and Michigan fans [F Me In The Brain]) get in line behind us and start just talking shit about PJ for no reason.
    And I would care about that why? :lol: 

As long as they’re behind me in line and not squeezing in front, more power to them. They might come around to good music after all. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    no, it's all in good fun
    No and further more hell no. 

Are you a hell raiser?  Of course.
    Are you course?  Only in jest.
    Are you a jester, Yes sir.
    Are you servile?  Naaaa!
    Are you naaagahide?   ...

...aah ooh...  I'm I trolling this thread?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love you as you are, Wob...and I think we now know what you shall be for Halloween.

(Perhaps Piper and Winnie could participate as well.)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    yes, ya f**cking troll
    but you somehow pull off likeable.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

there ya go!

sometimes, I drink and create polls.

as far as sports.....isn’t for/against what it’s all about? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    yes, ya f**cking troll
    Wobbie said:
    PJ_Soul said:

there ya go!

sometimes, I drink and create polls.

as far as sports.....isn’t for/against what it’s all about? :confounded:
    I drink and I post? Mmmm, where have heard that before?!
  • Options
    darwinstheory is NOT one of my 1-3.

in fact, I support darwin’s theory.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11