Elizabeth Warren and Her Ancestry. Thoughts?

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    I'll tell you one thing for sure- if I hear of any candidate who claims be be Amish or part Amish or has any Amish blood, no way in hell will I vote for them.  Fuck the Amish.
    What is your stance on Mennonites?  
    Fake Amish.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I'll tell you one thing for sure- if I hear of any candidate who claims be be Amish or part Amish or has any Amish blood, no way in hell will I vote for them.  Fuck the Amish.
    What the hell did the Amish do to you?  
    Oh you know, it's those creepy black carts they run around in.
    Their horses shit in the street and they never clean it up.  Environmental disaster.  The amish are to blame for polluting the groundwater.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I hate horses. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    You should embrace your Amish heritage.  You share your Amish heritage.  You should be thankful when someone says they have, .00000001 Amish in them...vote for me Brian.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Their horses shit in the street and they never clean it up.  Environmental disaster.  The amish are to blame for polluting the groundwater.
    Damn straight! 

And that bullshit about not using technology?  Just a lame excuse for not getting a real job.  A bunch of lazy bums.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Fuck the Amish!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wait, what's going on here? Lol
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Damn straight! 

And that bullshit about not using technology?  Just a lame excuse for not getting a real job.  A bunch of lazy bums.
    What did a zipper ever do to them?
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Damn straight! 

Did ya ever get yours caught in one?

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I don’t give a crap about her non ancestry or what ever you wanna call it , is everyone here ok with an American reporter who lived in Virginia being killed in SA consulate and our president making excuses for the prince ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    You should embrace your Amish heritage.  You share your Amish heritage.  You should be thankful when someone says they have, .00000001 Amish in them...vote for me Brian.
    Oh, okay. So now we've arrived at a link between Warren's DNA and her using it to get elected! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2018
    I'm really depressed that this thread is the busiest one today (I'm as guilty as anyone, although I don't know if posts about how this shouldn't be such a massive point of discussion count, lol!).
    .... But what's most depressing, is that this is totally working for the GOP, despite EVERYTHING else. I wish I could go just one day without being thoroughly reminded of the fact that America has completely gone off the deep end.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Three things illustrated here:

1. Proof that tempo_n_grove is somewhat correct about  satire not going over so well on the internet.
    2.  That people of certain heritage can be overly defensive about their heritage- I have (I'm half Amish and have defended them fiercely elsewhere here)- African Americans, Amish, Native Americans, etc.- though I would say often for understandable reasons within the right context.
    3.  Hopefully that people will see what utter bullshit trivial issue are in talking about political candidates.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Damn straight! 

ever get yours caught in a button hole?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Damn straight! 

Not the zippers on my jacket 
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Damn straight! 

Ummm... :lol:

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Damn straight! 

That would be, uh, unfortunate for many reasons.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I don’t give a crap about her non ancestry or what ever you wanna call it , is everyone here ok with an American reporter who lived in Virginia being killed in SA consulate and our president making excuses for the prince ...
    There’s a thread for that.  I doubt anyone here is ok with it.
    unsung said:
    I’m glad you are one of them ..

Give Peas A Chance…
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    Apparently you can’t read either.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    People are such assholes
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    so you ARE ok with it.

because I'm pretty sure he meant he was glad you were one of those not ok with it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Some people have no sense of humour.  Quit taking people like her and Trump seriously when discussing something so obviously funny...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    That she ever tried to claim this as a legitimate part of her ancestry is ridiculous, but it's much more of a dumb mistake than it is a disqualifying infraction. I will still be voting for her on November 6th.

(Just one masshole's opinion, take it for what it's worth.)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited October 2018
    JimmyV said:
    That she ever tried to claim this as a legitimate part of her ancestry is ridiculous, but it's much more of a dumb mistake than it is a disqualifying infraction. I will still be voting for her on November 6th.

(Just one masshole's opinion, take it for what it's worth.)
    Sounds like a dumb mistake committed by her entire family. She was obviously raised with her parents and grandparents and shit telling her about their Native ancestry, and she carried that with her. Embarrassing but understandable IMO. She should have been more cautious about mentioning it publicly for sure... Lesson learned I'm sure.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    My thoughts are WHO GIVES A FUCK?  Donald Trump calling anyone else a liar is a fucking ridiculous.  Hypocrisy at its finest.  Especially over something so minuscule.  It doesn't even matter what % she is or isn't.  Its just another situation for Donny to bully someone he doesn't like and keep his blind supporters focused on how "bad" the left is and ignore his 9.5 lies per day.
    My thoughts are WHO GIVES A FUCK?  Donald Trump calling anyone else a liar is a fucking ridiculous.  Hypocrisy at its finest.  Especially over something so minuscule.  It doesn't even matter what % she is or isn't.  Its just another situation for Donny to bully someone he doesn't like and keep his blind supporters focused on how "bad" the left is and ignore his 9.5 lies per day.
    The problem is that the GOP gives a fuck because they are so desperate. And the second problem is that this shit works on the voting public like a hot damn.
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    so you ARE ok with it.

because I'm pretty sure he meant he was glad you were one of those not ok with it.
    bingo ...