Your Favorite Pearl Jam Album

12346»

Comments

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    No Code, with Yield being nearly tied for first. But I listen to No Code often, which says something after over 20 years 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited October 2018
    Were talking about only studio albums/recordings here? If so, it'd have to be Vs. for me as I can't think of a single shortcoming like I can for all of their other (great) albums. 

Ten - So "important" but maybe a little too "classic rock" for my tastes (and "hits" a bit overplayed - really all that's played on radio)

Vitalogy - Love it but the "non-songs" on the second half wreck the flow for me

No Code - Aside from Sometimes into Hail Hail intro (and In My Tree), I much prefer these songs live.

Yield - Great album but "Pilate" and PMPM bring it down a couple of notches for me

Binaural - Another really good album but I didn't get into it until later so it doesn't have the "memories" for me

The rest...each album as some amazing songs (well, Backspacer has some solid songs) but they have too many clunkers to rate in my top six. 
    Post edited by rummy on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Has always been Vs for me.
    For the first 5 years or so I didnt like No Code as much, but it has grown on me a ton. But still not the top. As others pointed out, Vitalogy has too many non-songs, kills the flow. ANd I used to love Nothingman, that's one I can barely listen to anymore.
    edited October 2018
    mace1229 said:
    Has always been Vs for me.
    For the first 5 years or so I didnt like No Code as much, but it has grown on me a ton. But still not the top. As others pointed out, Vitalogy has too many non-songs, kills the flow. ANd I used to love Nothingman, that's one I can barely listen to anymore.
    Confession: I didn't get into No Code until I got a free copy when I purchased Yield back in 1998.
    I owned the CD but after the Sometimes-Hail Hail intro I, for the most past, lost interest.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Yield

First album I owned was Vitalogy.  Liked No Code but didn't listen to it much.  Yield was huge for me. So huge that I didn't really pay much attention to Binaural or RA.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Binaural, hands down. It has everything I would want in a PJ album. I would feel unsatisfied with the other albums.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    It's so tough for me to choose.  Back in 1991-92, I literally wore out my cassette.  Had to buy another. 
    But today, I hardly listen to Ten.  Actually, pretty much never listen to it anymore.  But it's a part of me. 
    If the question was, "what album impacted you the most when it was released"?  The slam dunk album would be Ten.
    But asking this question in 2018?  I had to go with Riot Act.  
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Image result for no code
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

edited October 2018
    Milestone said:
    It's so tough for me to choose.  Back in 1991-92, I literally wore out my cassette.  Had to buy another. 
    But today, I hardly listen to Ten.  Actually, pretty much never listen to it anymore.  But it's a part of me. 
    If the question was, "what album impacted you the most when it was released"?  The slam dunk album would be Ten.
    But asking this question in 2018?  I had to go with Riot Act.  
    "What album impacted you the most when it was released"? 
    We should consider this question more often. Nice one. I think this is the criteria I use anyway. 
    (With this in mind, my answer is still Vs.)
    Post edited by rummy on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited October 2018
    I still think riot act . And now I look back it was the reason I got obsessed  with pj after being casual for a few albums. I bought ten when it was released  and was obsessed through till vitalogy then I was doing other things in life and then all of a sudden. Riot act pulled me back in full time  . Im grateful for that eternally .
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I'm sure I voted for Backspacer 4 years ago, and I would vote for it again today! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 440
    Impossible for me to answer as there is a song+ from each album that I would turn to at some point as my life continues.  Also since seeing Pearl Jam live is the best experience it would make for a short night if I could only listen to the album I choose?