Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    Been Toking legally for years...

Scheer accuses Trudeau government of ‘proactively’ reaching out to ‘Jihadi Jack

https://globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/?utm_source=GlobalNational&utm_medium=Facebook

Leave the fucker in Syria to rot.

Not surprised in the least.

This is why Mr. Purple Socks will last one term. Big achievement with the dope. Massive failures on too many other areas. He wasn't ready after all. I had such hopes too. Oh well.

I like the parents showing pictures of the psycho: He's such a nice boy. Here's one of him on a slide at the park... here he's feeding a duck... here he's beheading his first journalist!
    Trudeau gets along well with the criminal element.  It seems criminals and liberals go hand in hand these days...

To hell with the allies who sacrificed soldiers lives against these scum.  Money for criminals, no money for returning vets...

The pendulum has swung way too far and is now in the process of swinging back.

I said it before, but this is why we such dorks like Doug Ford get elected. Moderates are moving to the right side of the spectrum- tired of the ridiculous mentality on display for certain things such as 'crime and punishment' (which includes the extensive program dedicated to the safe return and rehabilitation of ISIS fighters that are done playing terrorist).

Trudeau accelerated the speed of the pendulum swing in my opinion. Disastrous pipeline issue and other blunders aside, his enthusiastic endorsement for extremely high profile, unpopular, and distasteful decisions made in the favour of obscene people have many Canadians beside themselves.

Remember when he interrupted a concerned forum to correct 'mankind' to 'peoplekind'? Was he serious? Was it a joke? Who cares? It was idiotic and showed either (a) that he cared little for what was being expressed to him and decided to toss in some humour as he pretended to listen... or (b) he actually thinks like that.

Either scenario makes him to be a person unfit for such a position. He looks like a rose compared to the obnoxious weed south of us... but he's pretty bad.  
    I sincerely cannot figure out why anyone is still talking about that, or acting like it matters.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/?utm_source=GlobalNational&utm_medium=Facebook

This is why Mr. Purple Socks will last one term. Big achievement with the dope. Massive failures on too many other areas. He wasn't ready after all. I had such hopes too. Oh well.

I like the parents showing pictures of the psycho: He's such a nice boy. Here's one of him on a slide at the park... here he's feeding a duck... here he's beheading his first journalist!
    Trudeau gets along well with the criminal element.  It seems criminals and liberals go hand in hand these days...

To hell with the allies who sacrificed soldiers lives against these scum.  Money for criminals, no money for returning vets...

I said it before, but this is why we such dorks like Doug Ford get elected. Moderates are moving to the right side of the spectrum- tired of the ridiculous mentality on display for certain things such as 'crime and punishment' (which includes the extensive program dedicated to the safe return and rehabilitation of ISIS fighters that are done playing terrorist).

Trudeau accelerated the speed of the pendulum swing in my opinion. Disastrous pipeline issue and other blunders aside, his enthusiastic endorsement for extremely high profile, unpopular, and distasteful decisions made in the favour of obscene people have many Canadians beside themselves.

Remember when he interrupted a concerned forum to correct 'mankind' to 'peoplekind'? Was he serious? Was it a joke? Who cares? It was idiotic and showed either (a) that he cared little for what was being expressed to him and decided to toss in some humour as he pretended to listen... or (b) he actually thinks like that.

Either scenario makes him to be a person unfit for such a position. He looks like a rose compared to the obnoxious weed south of us... but he's pretty bad.  
    I sincerely cannot figure out why anyone is still talking about that, or acting like it matters.
    because:

It was idiotic and showed either (a) that he cared little for what was being expressed to him and decided to toss in some humour as he pretended to listen... or (b) he actually thinks like that.

By the way... I'm feeling badly for how things got a little testy in the DP thread. I stand by everything I wrote, but I want you to know you are one of my favourite people on the forum despite our obvious differences at times (and no matter what transpires between us through written text from here on).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I was done with Trudeau when he looked at a vet with 1 leg and said: "you are asking more than we can give"... this man gave a terrorist 10.5 million ... yet vets are asking for too much.  This was a twerp who spent much of his youth smoking dope as part-time whatever he did when men and woman who selflessly serve this country for a fraction of the pay that loser earns as PM.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

because:

It was idiotic and showed either (a) that he cared little for what was being expressed to him and decided to toss in some humour as he pretended to listen... or (b) he actually thinks like that.

By the way... I'm feeling badly for how things got a little testy in the DP thread. I stand by everything I wrote, but I want you to know you are one of my favourite people on the forum despite our obvious differences at times (and no matter what transpires between us through written text from here on).
    No worries man - we'll always be good at the end of the day. :)
    I actually thought that peoplekind thing was Trudeau genuinely having a brain fart and forgetting that the word humankind exists, lol, so I wouldn't hold that against him, because I personally do not use the term mankind either. I do find it sexist. Humankind is the correct term IMO. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The Ontario CS, Cannabis starts at 7.95/gram 20% THC ... cheaper than the Ontario Liberals plan.   Trudeau is not the reason Ford was elected ... 2 reasons Wynn and Horwath.  Only a brain dead fool would vote Wynn or Horwath.  However, I would support a Wynn government over Horwath who was planning on making Ontario a sanctuary province...Ontario's health care should never be available to someone who has no business being in Ontario.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    So weed is legal or decriminalized? If legal what are the restrictions? I know I can google it but I like engaging in conversation. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    So weed is legal or decriminalized? If legal what are the restrictions? I know I can google it but I like engaging in conversation. 
    Fully legal. The restrictions differ by province. The federal government gave the basic foundation, and all provinces must honor that, but as far as where you can smoke it outside of your home, whether or not you can grow it at home, who can sell it (i.e. government stores only or private retail stores as well as government stores allowed), and stuff like that were determined by each provincial government as they saw fit.
    I'm happy about BC's laws surrounding it. They are all reasonable and serve the economy well IMO, and not overly restrictive.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I might need to speed up that cup of coffee in Vancouver lol 

Good job Canada, finally common sense is taking hold
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Here is BC's first government weed store, in Kamloops. Lol, nice and to the point I think. Many more are gearing up to open over the coming weeks and months (and in Vancouver all the grey zone pot shops are still operating while they move towards being legally licensed (or not). And the government online weed store opened at 12:01AM this morning.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fully legal. The restrictions differ by province. The federal government gave the basic foundation, and all provinces must honor that, but as far as where you can smoke it outside of your home, whether or not you can grow it at home, who can sell it (i.e. government stores only or private retail stores as well as government stores allowed), and stuff like that were determined by each provincial government as they saw fit.
    I'm happy about BC's laws surrounding it. They are all reasonable and serve the economy well IMO, and not overly restrictive.
    So where can you buy it in bc? Province run shops?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Both government and private retailers who meet the requirements for the licenses - things like being far enough away from schools and shit like that, and obviously there are licensing fees. Plus online purchases (so obviously it is now legal to mail weed via Canada Post).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Both government and private retailers (who meet the requirements for the licenses - things like being far enough away from schools and shit like that, and obviously there are licensing fees), plus online purchases (so obviously it is now legal to mail weed via Canada Post).
    Do you need to be a Canadian resident or can a 40 year old guy from new jersey head to bc and smoke? 21 or 18?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Both government and private retailers (who meet the requirements for the licenses - things like being far enough away from schools and shit like that, and obviously there are licensing fees), plus online purchases (so obviously it is now legal to mail weed via Canada Post).
    Do you need to be a Canadian resident or can a 40 year old guy from new jersey head to bc and smoke? 21 or 18?
    No, people from anywhere can legally buy and smoke within Canada, following the rules particular to each province (and some other rules may exist within certain municipalities, namely surrounding where you're allowed to smoke in public, although some provinces have allowed individual municipalities to bail out, basically - apparently some aren't allowing any stores within their boundaries. We'll see how that pans out. Most are not doing that, fortunately, and they aren't allowed to keep people from using as far as I know). The age limits ended up matching the drinking age limits in every province I think. So in BC that's 19. In Alberta I think it's 18.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Here is BC's first government weed store, in Kamloops. Lol, nice and to the point I think. Many more are gearing up to open over the coming weeks and months (and in Vancouver all the grey zone pot shops are still operating while they move towards being legally licensed (or not). And the government online weed store opened at 12:01AM this morning.

Yah my town!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No, people from anywhere can legally buy and smoke within Canada, following the rules particular to each province (and some other rules may exist within certain municipalities, namely surrounding where you're allowed to smoke in public, although some provinces have allowed individual municipalities to bail out, basically - apparently some aren't allowing any stores within their boundaries. We'll see how that pans out. Most are not doing that, fortunately, and they aren't allowed to keep people from using as far as I know). The age limits ended up matching the drinking age limits in every province I think. So in BC that's 19. In Alberta I think it's 18.
    Yup, 18 here in Alberta. I went to https://albertacannabis.org/ last night at midnight and ordered some. Will be here by Friday via Canada Post. Everything went quite smoothly, I was impressed.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't know if you have 7-Eleven stores up there (they may call them something different due to the metric system), but I know a prime location for one
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't know if you have 7-Eleven stores up there (they may call them something different due to the metric system), but I know a prime location for one
    Haha! Yes, we have 7-11, and that's a good idea, lol.
  • Options
    Canada is moving to ban all forms of bestiality??  I did not realize this was such a big problem?  Who knew.  But it makes sense, Canada has a lot of farms and pet owners...good move Mr Government.  I am assuming the wild animals can fend for themselves.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Canada is moving to ban all forms of bestiality??  I did not realize this was such a big problem?  Who knew.  But it makes sense, Canada has a lot of farms and pet owners...good move Mr Government.  I am assuming the wild animals can fend for themselves.
    Really? I'm surprised it wasn't banned already.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I guess not.  I never would have thought bestiality was an issue.  But there are a lot of pervs out pervs out there.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I guess not.  I never would have thought bestiality was an issue.  But there are a lot of pervs out pervs out there.  
    There are tons of bestiality porn vids on the internet apparently, so yeah, it's happening.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    There are tons of bestiality porn vids on the internet apparently, so yeah, it's happening.
    Really?  Wow... Some people are just twisted.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I see former PM Mulroney is hopping on the Cannabis bandwagon.  As PM he likely fought tooth and nail to keep it legal, of course, his campaign likely received money from big pharma ...  now he sees an opportunity to profit off cannabis...lol...a true politician, following the money.  The Ontario Cannabis Store start at 7.95/ gram taxes included...cheaper than I expected and inline with pricing through my medicinal supplier.  The store also has everything you need from bongs to cleaners...however, that stuff is pricier through them than my local head shop.  No physical stores until April 1.  Then I expect there will plenty of stores after that.  I guess NB has the most expensive Cannabis, $13/gram.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I see former PM Mulroney is hopping on the Cannabis bandwagon.  As PM he likely fought tooth and nail to keep it legal, of course, his campaign likely received money from big pharma ...  now he sees an opportunity to profit off cannabis...lol...a true politician, following the money.  The Ontario Cannabis Store start at 7.95/ gram taxes included...cheaper than I expected and inline with pricing through my medicinal supplier.  The store also has everything you need from bongs to cleaners...however, that stuff is pricier through them than my local head shop.  No physical stores until April 1.  Then I expect there will plenty of stores after that.  I guess NB has the most expensive Cannabis, $13/gram.
    I don't remember Mulroney fighting legalization tooth and nail. It really wasn't a big topic of conversation at that time either way. Wasn't he the PM who brokered NAFTA? At that time, I doubt the Canadian government was about to touch the legalization issue with a 10 foot pole because of that. Luckily, times have changed since then, and the issue naturally rose to a more prominent position in the political discussion.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't remember Mulroney fighting legalization tooth and nail. It really wasn't a big topic of conversation at that time either way. Wasn't he the PM who brokered NAFTA? At that time, I doubt the Canadian government was about to touch the legalization issue with a 10 foot pole because of that. Luckily, times have changed since then, and the issue naturally rose to a more prominent position in the political discussion.
    The point is he is a douche.  He was likely taking Big Pharma money to keep it illegal.  Now he wants to capitalise on legalization.  The man has no principles...and NAFTA lead to us adding Mexico, so the original free trade was just the beginning of the gutting of Ontario's manufacturing.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    The point is he is a douche.  He was likely taking Big Pharma money to keep it illegal.  Now he wants to capitalise on legalization.  The man has no principles...and NAFTA lead to us adding Mexico, so the original free trade was just the beginning of the gutting of Ontario's manufacturing.
    Whatever. I was responding to your guess that he fought legalization tooth and nail. I have never seen anything suggesting that's true. If you have evidence of that, I would be interested in seeing it. Because if he didn't, then he can't be called a hypocrite just for investing in the industry (I have no interest in defending Mulroney btw).
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    PJ_Soul said:
    You think it “likely” that he took money to keep pot illegal, and so call him a hypocrite based on this? Seems a pretty big leap without any proof. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    You think it “likely” that he took money to keep pot illegal, and so call him a hypocrite based on this? Seems a pretty big leap without any proof. 
    Yeah, agreed. Meltdown, I hope this isn't how you always form your opinions. Just with guesses and random assumptions.
  • Options
    '(It's) the way to go': Brian Mulroney explains his about-face on cannabis

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mulroney-pot-marijuana-investment-1.4868995?cmp=rss?cmp=FB_Post_News&fbclid=IwAR2AwOV3FQzGLSS7FsMJpj8_bygFYFgCWevRHkI8rm4D8d4J_siwtjjqzzo

Former prime minister Brian Mulroney, whose government once introduced legislation to keep marijuana in the same legal category as heroin.

I guess I was wrong.  Cannabis was never on Mulroney's radar as PM ...
    Give Peas A Chance…