Options

Elizabeth Warren and Her Ancestry. Thoughts?

Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
Denver 10-22-14

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm on the side of #3

What a joke
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    I already knew Elizabeth Warren was a joke. I already knew trump is a lying idiot. This is like a stupid Maury Povich episode
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,678
    Definitely not a big deal but Trumpites want you to think it is.

"Ms. Warren defended herself by saying she was not claiming to be eligible for membership in the Cherokee Nation — and she isn’t, given that her ancestors do not appear on the Dawes Rolls, early-20th-century government documents that form the basis of the Cherokee citizenship process. She said she was simply corroborating the family stories of Native American lineage that she has often recounted."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

"Ms. Warren defended herself by saying she was not claiming to be eligible for membership in the Cherokee Nation — and she isn’t, given that her ancestors do not appear on the Dawes Rolls, early-20th-century government documents that form the basis of the Cherokee citizenship process. She said she was simply corroborating the family stories of Native American lineage that she has often recounted."

If she did put her ancestry down as Native-American in any resumes or school applications than it's end game for her as a Presidential candidate.  They'll find it if it exists too. 
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited October 2018
    I can't believe the Dems are actually considering her as a possible 2020 candidate. And that has nothing to do with Native American Ancestry (or lack thereof). If Hillary, with all her power and money, couldn't win, how could a poor man's Hillary have a chance?
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I can't believe anyone gives a shit about this very insignificant issue.  She was just curious about her ancestry.  She is not running a a platform of being Native American.  Trying to defame her with this is typical mudslinging bullshit politics.  But believe what you want.  Politics are all a big fucking joke anyway in the US today anyway.

Hi ho.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    This is all ridiculously overblown, and if this is the best the GOP can do when they're looking for terrible things dems are up to, then the dems must be doing pretty fucking well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is all ridiculously overblown, and if this is the best the GOP can do when they're looking for terrible things dems are up to, then the dems must be doing pretty fucking well.
    It's obvious the GOP is feeling desperate.  I'm always happy to see them reveal that fact.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I can't believe anyone gives a shit about this very insignificant issue.  She was just curious about her ancestry.  She is not running a a platform of being Native American.  Trying to defame her with this is typical mudslinging bullshit politics.  But believe what you want.  Politics are all a big fucking joke anyway in the US today anyway.

Hi ho.
    Honestly, she brought it on herself. 

But I agree, I think the country has bigger issues to figure out
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    tRump called her bluff...she answered it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2018
    I can't believe the Dems are actually considering her as a possible 2020 candidate. And that has nothing to do with Native American Ancestry (or lack thereof). If Hillary, with all her power and money, couldn't win, how could a poor man's Hillary have a chance?
    Agreed. Another fucking fossil on the ballot. (She'll be a septuagenarian in 2020.) And I actually like love Warren, but I'd never vote for her old ass.

I love my grandma, but I won't even get in a car that she's driving.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    brianlux said:

Hi ho.
    Honestly, she brought it on herself. 

But I agree, I think the country has bigger issues to figure out
    It's petty bullshit like this that is making a joke of US politics.  I'm barely even able to stomach voting anymore.  I will, but it's all a big joke anymore.  I grow cynical at times like this.

• Options

Fact Checker •  Analysis

Just about everything you’ve read on the Warren DNA test is wrong

Reporters and politicians rushed to say the test shows she was only 1/1024th Native American. But that's a huge misinterpretation of the data.

By Glenn Kessler  •  Read more »

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Agreed. Another fucking fossil on the ballot. (She'll be a septuagenarian in 2020.) And I actually like love Warren, but I'd never vote for her old ass.

If that becomes a general issue then I really will be convinced that Hillary lost because she's a woman.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Reagan was 69 when he took office.  Trump is 70.  But God forbid we have a 70 year old Democratic old woman run for president.  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo!!!

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

If that becomes a general issue then I really will be convinced that Hillary lost because she's a woman.
    Speaking for myself: I'm not sexist; I'm ageist.

I like Hillary, too. And I would've voted for her over her dickhead husband a thousand times over in the nineties, but not in 2016. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

I like Hillary, too. And I would've voted for her over her dickhead husband a thousand times over in the nineties, but not in 2016. 
    Someone that owns it, reshfeshing
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Reagan was 69 when he took office.  Trump is 70.  But God forbid we have a 70 year old Democratic old woman run for president.  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo!!!
    And Reagan's second term was a fucking shitshow, with poor old Nancy changing the goddamn diapers. And we know how Trump's faculties are holding up.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Fact Checker •  Analysis

Just about everything you’ve read on the Warren DNA test is wrong

Reporters and politicians rushed to say the test shows she was only 1/1024th Native American. But that's a huge misinterpretation of the data.

By Glenn Kessler  •  Read more »

Not reading the article but I'm wondering if anyone heard actual Native Americans get interviewed about this on NPR?  They are all a wee bit upset at the whole thing.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

I wasn't suggesting you're a sexist. It's just that Trump was over 70 when he won the election, and his age really wasn't an issue at all for either side. So if that age suddenly becomes an issue when it's a female candidate, that would tell me it is indeed a sexist thing in general. Especially since women have longer average lifespans than men.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

I wasn't suggesting you're a sexist. It's just that Trump was over 70 when he won the election, and his age really wasn't an issue at all for either side. So if that age suddenly becomes an issue when it's a female candidate, that would tell me it is indeed a sexist thing in general.
    Since we've sadly only had dicks running the show in the White House, I can only be informed by how much more awful those dicks have been in my lifetime when they're older dicks.

Gender (again) sadly doesn't, nay, can't inform my opinion based on past performance running the show in the White House.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

I wasn't suggesting you're a sexist. It's just that Trump was over 70 when he won the election, and his age really wasn't an issue at all for either side. So if that age suddenly becomes an issue when it's a female candidate, that would tell me it is indeed a sexist thing in general.
    Since we've sadly only had dicks running the show in the White House, I can only be informed by how much more awful those dicks have been in my lifetime when they're older dicks.

Gender (again) sadly doesn't, nay, can't inform my opinion based on past performance running the show in the White House.
    Well, there have been a couple young dicks too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

And, for the most part, they did better jobs than the old dicks. For the most part.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

And, for the most part, they did better jobs than the old dicks. For the most part.
    Why would it even be a question whether or not women could perform adequately btw? Why would one need to consider that there is a lack of reference based on past performances? That suggests there really is a thought process going on that is asking, "Could a woman really pull this off?"
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    brianlux said:

If she did put her ancestry down as Native-American in any resumes or school applications than it's end game for her as a Presidential candidate.  They'll find it if it exists too. 
    For a democrat, yes.
    If she was a Republican, it wouldn't matter.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    She isn’t NA, but she did change her heritage.  So she is a liar.  But yeah, I also think it is a ridiculous tennis match and she won’t ever be President.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    And Reagan's second term was a fucking shitshow, with poor old Nancy changing the goddamn diapers. And we know how Trump's faculties are holding up.
    People age differently.  I know or know of people well into there 70's who are sharp, smart as a tack and graced by years of wisdom. 

Some examples:

Wendell Berry:  A well known and respected long time bookseller recently told me, "Wendell Berry [who is 84 years old] is the greatest living writer in America today.  Berry is still producing fine works.

John Muir: Muir was still doing great writing into his 70's

Judi Dench: still doing great work at 83

• Options
    unsung said:
    She isn’t NA, but she did change her heritage.  So she is a liar.  But yeah, I also think it is a ridiculous tennis match and she won’t ever be President.
    Are you ever going to tell us why being truthful is all of a sudden something you care about?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Are you going to show me where I ever said lying was ok or are you just going to project your TDS more?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Are you going to show me where I ever said lying was ok or are you just going to project your TDS more?
    Oooooooo, code. I love it when you post in code. Oooooooooooo.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©