Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    unsung said:
    How can he be racist towards Elizabeth Warren?  This place gets better every day.
    Who is saying he’s being racist toward Warren?

He’s being racist toward a whole bunch of other people, and rude and disrespectful to Warren, and that’s par for the course. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,963
    pjl44 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    How can he be racist towards Elizabeth Warren?  This place gets better every day.
    How can he claim he didn’t say something when it’s on video less than 3 months ago?

and why is ANYONE ok with him constantly lying like this??
    Is it ok for Warren to lie about her heritage and use that lie to advance her career?
    Except did she? How exactly did she?
    Pretty good rundown of that along with links in this article:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/11/elizabeth-warren-native-american-heritage-harvard-fraud/
    Pretty good rundown?  This is absolute shit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    How can he claim he didn’t say something when it’s on video less than 3 months ago?

Is it ok for Warren to lie about her heritage and use that lie to advance her career?
    Except did she? How exactly did she?
    Pretty good rundown of that along with links in this article:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/11/elizabeth-warren-native-american-heritage-harvard-fraud/
    Pretty good rundown?  This is absolute shit.
    It’s the national review. Whaddya expect? Pulitzer worthy journalism?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    It's the swift-boating of Elizabeth Warren. Take something positive and make it evil and nasty to weaken your political opponent. Her DNA test showed she was NA back to 6th or 10th generation? It didn't say she had NO Native American DNA. She released it to prove she had it. What? She released it to prove thug right? I'm thinking that's a definite no.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2018
    Kat said:
    It's the swift-boating of Elizabeth Warren. Take something positive and make it evil and nasty to weaken your political opponent. Her DNA test showed she was NA back to 6th or 10th generation? It didn't say she had NO Native American DNA. She released it to prove she had it. What? She released it to prove thug right? I'm thinking that's a definite no.
    Yes, you are right, it showed that she has just about as much Native American DNA as any average American of European decent, lol.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Kat said:
    Native American groups are offended at the notion of someone using a DNA test to tout tribal heritage. Their belief is that these Western companies use disputed migration patterns when establishing the "Native American" base that they're matching people back to. They feel this heritage can only be confirmed through the tribes themselves and it's a source of frustration when someone who is >98% white circumvents that. Around paragraph 5 of the Atlantic article I'm linking below touches on this.

It's a free country, so anyone can say "Go Liz" and tell the Cherokees, et al. they're out of line. That just seems to be something I expected more from Republicans.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/10/elizabeth-warren-dna-test/572998/
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Why would anyone sane call themselves Native American when they have only a scrap of dna of it. Laughable. I have more pizza in my bloodstream than she has NA in hers. And then to check the Native American box on application too lmao.  Only thing I’ll accept on this one is that she was led to believe that she was Native American by her parents or something and she just ran with it.  What a dolt
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    Why would anyone sane call themselves Native American when they have only a scrap of dna of it. Laughable. I have more pizza in my bloodstream than she has NA in hers. And then to check the Native American box on application too lmao.  Only thing I’ll accept on this one is that she was led to believe that she was Native American by her parents or something and she just ran with it.  What a dolt
    Yet Trump supporters don't care that he lies 9 times per day.  Laughable.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I really think Warren could have easily nipped this in the bud a while ago with an apology. Something like:

"Growing up, my parents always told me I had NA heritage. It was my parents, so it never occurred to me to scrutinize it. As my career became one of public service it was scrutinized and I was surprised to learn it was much further back than I believed. I had no intention of manipulating anything or hurting anyone. If I did, I am truly sorry."

Instead she dug her heels in and is now waving around a DNA test. Huge mistake.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    I really think Warren could have easily nipped this in the bud a while ago with an apology. Something like:

"Growing up, my parents always told me I had NA heritage. It was my parents, so it never occurred to me to scrutinize it. As my career became one of public service it was scrutinized and I was surprised to learn it was much further back than I believed. I had no intention of manipulating anything or hurting anyone. If I did, I am truly sorry."

Instead she dug her heels in and is now waving around a DNA test. Huge mistake.
    Yeah, not s smart political move...especially with mid-terms right around the corner.  I’m guessing she won’t be donating any  plagiarized recipes to the Pow Wow Chow volume 2...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    Yes, you are right, it showed that she has just about as much Native American DNA as any average American of European decent, lol.  
    I don't think that's accurate. My family's done DNA testing and none of us had any Native American DNA, as Canadians of European decent with Canadian born ancestors all the way back to the 1700s. I think this line is total bullshit. It suggests that every single white American has at least one ancestor that mated with an American Native. That is obviously a falsehood. You may as well say that all Americans of European decent also have African American DNA. It doesn't make sense. I actually can't believe this line against Warren is working on people. 
    I think Warren definitely made a big mistake responding to Trump's Pocahontas stuff at all. It's unfortunate, and it's made things quite awkward. But my god, sometimes it hard to believe how easy it is for the GOP to twist things to their favour. This little controversy is a perfect example of that. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Yet Trump supporters don't care that he lies 9 times per day.  Laughable.
    In what way do you want me to care? Tell you it’s annoying?  Besides, everyone’s in a hub-ub that he lied about his bet with her but his quote is “...., hoping it doesn't injure her arm, and we will say: I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian.”

did the test PROVE SHE’S AN INDIAN?  Not to me it didn’t- to me it proved she’s white.  It’s mincing words, but anyone who’s 99% white I assume is white.  Maybe I’m wrong though, and if she had 1/1000 African American dna in her I guess she would be Black, right? I don’t know- I don’t know anyone who would call her “An Indian.”
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    I don't think that's accurate. My family's done DNA testing and none of us had any Native American DNA, as Canadians of European decent with Canadian born ancestors all the way back to the 1700s. I think this line is total bullshit. It suggests that every single white American has at least one ancestor that mated with an American Native. That is obviously a falsehood. You may as well say that all Americans of European decent also have African American DNA. It doesn't make sense. I actually can't believe this line against Warren is working on people. 
    I think Warren definitely made a big mistake responding to Trump's Pocahontas stuff at all. It's unfortunate, and it's made things quite awkward. But my god, sometimes it hard to believe how easy it is for the GOP to twist things to their favour. This little controversy is a perfect example of that. 
    You might want to do some research...And yes, most Americans do have a trace of African DNA as well...a TRACE!  It could accurately be said that most white Americans are as much African Americans as Warren is Native American, ha
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

And she didn't lie.  Not that it fucking matters.  Why would Trump care in the first place?  So he can mock her and call her names?  He's such an immature fucking baby...its ridiculous.
    She is not Native American.  She lied.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    Yep, we are all NA.  I want MY land back.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    You might want to do some research...And yes, most Americans do have a trace of African DNA as well...a TRACE!  It could accurately be said that most white Americans are as much African Americans as Warren is Native American, ha
    So everyone is a POC.  Now that is finally settled.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
     She never said she was a Native American. She stated she had Native American heritage. How things are worded matters. This is as stupid as everyone who jumped on Ford because she couldn't remember a date, but didn't care that Kavanaugh lied out his ass throughout the hearing. Hardcore conservatives fucking suck. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    Again, I've done DNA testing too, and Warren definitely has more Native DNA than my family does, and I'm sure that's true for many, many white Americans too.
    Warren's test shows that she has Native ancestry from 8 to 10 generations ago. That is way more of a connection than you're talking about, which is the DNA connection we all share from tens of thousands of years ago, lol. I'm sure you're bright enough to see the difference here. I'm not even defending Warren. I'm just pointing out facts that you're ignoring.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    Kat said:
    Yeah not sure I agree.  I think it's really a no big deal issue.  I think Warren overstated it...hopefully didn't use it to her advantage (I'm not convinced she did).  Trump is an idiot that made a stupid nickname and Warren fell into the trap.  Warren is between what 1/64th and 1/256th? 1.6% at most, 0.4% at worst.  That ain't nothing.

I think both of them look like idiots.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,989
    edited October 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

And she didn't lie.  Not that it fucking matters.  Why would Trump care in the first place?  So he can mock her and call her names?  He's such an immature fucking baby...its ridiculous.
    You mean she lies like Trump? Or how does she lie?

But mocking sexual assault victims, that is still a right winged only thing right? Or does she do that too?

Is she a republican presidential candidate in disguise?!
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Guess what? We’re all human and none of this matters. 

If only everyone actually believed and lived that, the world would be a very different, and better, place. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

She had native ancestors 8 to 10 generations ago. She has talked about how this connection has been a multi-generational narrative in her family, which is highly believable, as this is very common. I actually assumed that is why she ever said anything about it in the first place before all this dumb shit started happening. She did not lie. Many people just feel that she needs a closer connection than that to mention it. I tend to agree, but not to a begrudging level; I'm sure she's embarrassed that her family has clearly been over-blowing the connection though.
    Saying she lied is, simply, a lie in itself.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    Again, I've done DNA testing too, and Warren definitely has more Native DNA than my family does, and I'm sure that's true for many, many white Americans too.
    Warren's test shows that she has Native ancestry from 8 to 10 generations ago. That is way more of a connection than you're talking about, which is the DNA connection we all share from tens of thousands of years ago, lol. I'm sure you're bright enough to see the difference here. I'm not even defending Warren. I'm just pointing out facts that you're ignoring.
    You are not pointing out facts...and yes, it is a fact that “on average”, Americans have as much of a trace of Native American DNA as Warren.  Definitely not enough to claim heritage...unless I am African.
    Do some research on DNA and get back to me.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

She had native ancestors 8 to 10 generations ago. She has talked about how this connection has been a multi-generational narrative in her family, which is highly believable, as this is very common. I actually assumed that is why she ever said anything about it in the first place before all this dumb shit started happening. She did not lie. Many people just feel that she needs a closer connection than that to mention it. I tend to agree, but not to a begrudging level; I'm sure she's embarrassed that her family has clearly been over-blowing the connection though.
    And @Unsung knows this. 

He is arguing in a bad and biased faith.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

“With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American. In general, the numbers seem to agree with what one would expect given the history of American colonization by Europeans and their interactions with African and Native Americans.”
    https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2018/10/16/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    You are not pointing out facts...and yes, it is a fact that “on average”, Americans have as much of a trace of Native American DNA as Warren.  Definitely not enough to claim heritage...unless I am African.
    That makes no  sense. You are assuming that all 'white' people have been here since we stole the country from Native Americans. Not so for millions of 'white' Americans who are 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation. She has Native American blood. Doesn't make her part of a tribe, only Native American tribes can decide that themselves, but she has it in her DNA. Every person who has ancestors from Europe doesn't get a Native American genome with citizenship.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    That makes no  sense. 
    What doesn’t?  What makes no sense is Warren claiming to be Native American to a degree higher than an average European American...

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    He will be impeached.  As first order of business in January.  Gone and possibly indicted by March 15th.

America has had enough.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Kat said:
    I am pointing out facts. It's a fact that Warren's DNA test showed what I'm saying, not what you're saying. No, all Americans do not have as much of a trace of Native DNA as Warren. I am not claiming that she has enough to legitimately claim heritage - as I said, her family has clearly inflated it, unfortunately. She should have ignored Trump about this completely.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    This is what she said way back in 2012 and it appears she has been proven correct based on the test. Who's lying in this scenario?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2012/05/elizabeth-warren-says-shes-1-32-native-american-how-many-people-have-that-heritage.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.