Stone’s acoustic guitar

Hey all,

I know Stone plays both Martins and Taylors based on pictures I’ve seen, but can anyone tell me what specific models he plays?   I’m particularly interested in know what he is playing in the picture below.   I’m sure it’s a Taylor, but I can’t tell what model it is.   Thanks.   

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Hard to tell but I'd guess it's a 310 based on the woods.

More than likely it's higher end, maybe custom?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Hey all,

I know Stone plays both Martins and Taylors based on pictures I’ve seen, but can anyone tell me what specific models he plays?   I’m particularly interested in know what he is playing in the picture below.   I’m sure it’s a Taylor, but I can’t tell what model it is.   Thanks.   

Nothingman!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • The one pictured here is a Taylor 710 - Dreadnought with spruce top and rosewood back and sides. Awesome guitar.
    There you go. Thanks!
  • moejiles said:
    The one pictured here is a Taylor 710 - Dreadnought with spruce top and rosewood back and sides. Awesome guitar.
    How can you tell?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    gorgeous guitar!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    The first digit indicates the series and the last one or two digits indicates the body size and shape.

For example, a 110ce is a lower end dreadnaught with a cutaway and electronics. A 714 is a higher end Grand Auditorium. Also, people that understand it better than I do know which woods a guitar is made of by the first digit in the model number. 

There is more to it than that and I imagine Taylor's website has an explanation.

In a nutshell, the higher the first digit, the fancier the guitar.
  • I am familiar with Taylors as I do own a couple - This model is now out of production according to Taylors website and replaced with a 710e - the headstock is now more of a 'classical guitar style' headstock. As dudeman says - Taylor's website gives a good run thru of the models, body styles and woods. 
  • moejiles said:
    The one pictured here is a Taylor 710 - Dreadnought with spruce top and rosewood back and sides. Awesome guitar.
    Can anyone tell approximately what year the guitar was made?  1980’s?  90’s?  2000’s?  
    It looks like it has Taylor's Expression System just going by the location of the controls. Early 2000's would be my guess but I don't know exactly.

Taylor experts?